• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey, I just got a Lv. 100 shiny Pangoro off the GTS, but on the top screen it says "To Next Lv: -640,000" - is this some kind of X/Y glitch?? Should I be concerned?? Is it maybe a bug exclusive to the Fluctuating experience group since it takes them 1,640,000 EXP to get to Lv. 100?

EDIT: OK WAIT Pangoro isn't even in the fluctuating exp group.... so why does it say it has 1,640,000 EXP and -640,000 to the next level???? I mean I guess that would put it at an even 1,000,000 which is what its supposed to have but why would it be displayed like that??

It also says it was met in August 2011, wtf??? I'm guessing maybe its a poorly hacked Pokemon??

Well, if I'm not mistaken, you could change the date on your DS so I wouldn't be sold on that alone. And the -640,000 EXP could be because Pangoro should only have 1,000,000 EXP at level 100, which is 640,000 EXP less than what you say that one has. However, to be on the safe side, that sounds like a poorly hacked Pokemon. I don't any way that sort of glitch should be happening given that I've never heard of this happening under normal circumstances, so it seems likely that it's the result of a hack.

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
Just curious... When people speak of natives to Kalos (in battle competitions), does that mean they have to have that blue symbol next to markings? Or that they could have that?

I guess for a better way of asking... Can I use my Ice Punch Tyranitar or not?

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Ice Punch is a transfer only move, so no.

Native means the pokemon had to have been born or otherwise originally encountered/obtained in one of the Kalos games.

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
Dang it... Then I guess it's time to breed my 2 Flawless Tyranitar, Cloyster, Gengar and Arcanine... And Flawless Ditto with my HP Grass Zoroark, and flawless Amoongus... >_>

Atleast now I can get half my team in Luxury balls :p

Trevenant

Banned
Well, if I'm not mistaken, you could change the date on your DS so I wouldn't be sold on that alone. And the -640,000 EXP could be because Pangoro should only have 1,000,000 EXP at level 100, which is 640,000 EXP less than what you say that one has. However, to be on the safe side, that sounds like a poorly hacked Pokemon. I don't any way that sort of glitch should be happening given that I've never heard of this happening under normal circumstances, so it seems likely that it's the result of a hack.
PowerSaves would have nothing to do with this. It is severely limited in what it can actually modify and something like this is a programming error, not the result of hacking.
Pretty much any action in the game causes a Pokemon to recalculate their stats to match their IVs and such (so yes, in Gen 4/5 you could hack a 999 stat Pokemon and it will promptly return to normal, too), experience included. (it will not display numbers over their Level 100 requirement even if you hacked it to say 9,999,945.)

Also the date caught/obtained doesn't mean anything, people change their dates all the time and very often, do not change it back to whatever is proper because there's no point.

What happens when:
- you withdraw it from the box and re-deposit it
- you allow it to gain experience in a battle

Are you playing a digital or physical copy, magikrap?

Last edited:

GreenKitea

Pokemon breeder
I have a quick breeding question. I have read that in gen 6 both male and female pokemon can pass on egg moves. However, my female abomasnow would not pass ice punch onto the baby snover when placed in the daycare with a male totodile. Why is this?
Thanks

Trevenant

Banned
It's not an egg move for Snover/Abomasnow. It's a level-up move, but only for Abomasnow. Even then, level-up moves sadly don't pass on via breeding anymore.

GreenKitea

Pokemon breeder
So if I had a male abomasnow with ice punch and breed it with a female totodile, would the baby know ice punch?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Its not an official egg move no, so it wont passed over.

However, if you want babies with level up moves you need to make sure both parents know the move and if the baby can actually learn it aswell
within his movepool. In your case its impossible to get Ice punch on Snover because snover can't learn Ice punch.

a cat

I think this is my system but, I was playing in Lumiose City, then I saved. Not I problem. I have the 1.2 patch. I go into the Pokémon Center near the center of the city, near the gym. I was hatching eggs looking for a shiny Charmander. I was going to deposit the next 5 failed eggs into my pc box, and get 5 new eggs. However this is when my problem began. All of a sudden, all of the controls, including the touch screen lock up. The touch screen has a mind of its own even though its locked up, and released some of my Pokémon, again without me touching it. So I force the power off, try again think it is some freak glitch. Its not, cant even start the game. Eventually after a few minutes I get the a,b,x,y,L,R, Start and select buttons working again, and I can move my character. However the touch screen STILL is locked out, and has a mind of its own. This problem exists on all of my games now. If I do get the touch screen to work I have to really press down on it. Super Training which I could do just fine, its aim would be completely off. Not just Pokémon. It happened all of a sudden in the PC box, I never dropped the system or spilled anything on it. Any advice would be recommend. I can try to give more info if needed.

GreenKitea

Pokemon breeder
But can I breed a female totodile with a male abomasnow that knows ice punch? Isn't that the only way to pass it down to the baby totodile?

Trevenant

Banned
Its not an official egg move no, so it wont passed over.
Totodile learns it as an egg move, so he should learn it. (he said Totodile would be the female and thus the baby in the second question.)

I think this is my system but, I was playing in Lumiose City, then I saved. Not I problem. I have the 1.2 patch. I go into the Pokémon Center near the center of the city, near the gym. I was hatching eggs looking for a shiny Charmander. I was going to deposit the next 5 failed eggs into my pc box, and get 5 new eggs. However this is when my problem began. All of a sudden, all of the controls, including the touch screen lock up. The touch screen has a mind of its own even though its locked up, and released some of my Pokémon, again without me touching it. So I force the power off, try again think it is some freak glitch. Its not, cant even start the game. Eventually after a few minutes I get the a,b,x,y,L,R, Start and select buttons working again, and I can move my character. However the touch screen STILL is locked out, and has a mind of its own. This problem exists on all of my games now. If I do get the touch screen to work I have to really press down on it. Super Training which I could do just fine, its aim would be completely off. Not just Pokémon. It happened all of a sudden in the PC box, I never dropped the system or spilled anything on it. Any advice would be recommend. I can try to give more info if needed.
Go into the System Settings for the 3DS. Can you re-calibrate your touch screen? The DS and DS Lite had notoriously poor touch-screens (to my knowledge the 3DS is sturdier in this regard), though this sounds more like what I typically see in controller malfunction than a dying touch-screen.

But can I breed a female totodile with a male abomasnow that knows ice punch? Isn't that the only way to pass it down to the baby totodile?
That will work.

a cat

I tried to re-calibrate the touch screen, and I got nothing.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I tried to re-calibrate the touch screen, and I got nothing.

perhaps your 3ds is fried, happened to me after dropping it one too many times. even if you never dropped it or anything, if its an older model it may just be because you've had it for a while. If calibrating the touch screen did nothing, then I would assume that it is broken.

Trevenant

Banned
Is your 3DS still under warranty? If not, the only thing I can suggest is buying a new one, sadly. How old is your 3DS anyway?
One last diagnostic: Do you have any DS games? Preferably games like Super Mario 64 DS, which to my knowledge used both controls or touch-screen for movement, etc. Or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum with the various Poketch apps (like the drawing one). Try to see if all the aspects still malfunction in the DS emulator portion of the 3DS.

a cat

My 3ds is about a 1.5 years old. I have used it a lot lately. It affects DS games as well.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My 3ds is about a 1.5 years old. I have used it a lot lately. It affects DS games as well.

Sounds like you need to replace the 3ds. The good news is that as long you have access to both Consoles at the same time you can transfer most data across - you may need to swap SD cards between 3DS. The only thing you'll lose is data for the "built in" games such as Street Pass Plaza.