• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Rotom1598

Hello.
I want to ask that u can only get 252 Evs per stat. and that every 4 EVs rais one point to the stat. My question is that when we fully EV train a pokemon before it is level 100, so how are the stats raised when they have complete 252 Evs. I mean its not +0 when it levels up so how are they increased when the pokemon levels up.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello.
I want to ask that u can only get 252 Evs per stat. and that every 4 EVs rais one point to the stat. My question is that when we fully EV train a pokemon before it is level 100, so how are the stats raised when they have complete 252 Evs. I mean its not +0 when it levels up so how are they increased when the pokemon levels up.

I'm not really certain what you're trying to ask here. When you have 252 EVs on a stat, it equals a raise in 63 points in that stat by level 100. A Pokemon with 252 EVs in a stat will gain more points in that stat than it will in the others. By level 100 it will have 63 more points in that stat than a Pokemon with the same nature and IVs with 0 EVs.

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
On Inkay evolving again...

So, I need to flip the 3ds. But...

Should the 3ds be PARALLEL or PERPENDICULAR to the floor? does it make a difference? Cause Im sure last night I was having it facing me kinda parallel, and this morning it was kinda slanted up.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Does anyone have any good strategies for catching HA Heatmor in Horde Battles? The Durant usually end up taking it out in one or two turns before I can do anything.

Aside from what dirkac said, you also can use a Telepathy Skill Swapper as lead.

Skill Swap the Telepathy to the Heatmor, and you no longer have to worry about it getting knocked out. This is also useful to get a Shiny Geodude from a Horde without worrying about that stupid Magnitude, and is also useful for the Zangoose/Seviper horde.

Two Pokemon that I remember can have the Telepathy ability and learns Skill Swap are Musharna and Beheyeem, maybe there are more. Also, make sure your Pokemon is faster than all of the Pokemon in the Horde.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Aside from what dirkac said, you also can use a Telepathy Skill Swapper as lead.

Skill Swap the Telepathy to the Heatmor, and you no longer have to worry about it getting knocked out. This is also useful to get a Shiny Geodude from a Horde without worrying about that stupid Magnitude, and is also useful for the Zangoose/Seviper horde.

Two Pokemon that I remember can have the Telepathy ability and learns Skill Swap are Musharna and Beheyeem, maybe there are more. Also, make sure your Pokemon is faster than all of the Pokemon in the Horde.

Ironically, both Musharna and Beheeyem are slow as molasses, so that wouldn't really work as well unless you do a ton of grinding, which is especially bad for the Durant/Heatmor situation as Durant's base Speed is miles above Musharna and Beheeyem's (we really need Skill Swap back as a TM, it's far too essential for finding HAs). Incinerate Ninetales seems to be working well enough though, so thanks guys.

b0bg0blin

Teh ub3r n00b
Quick question; I am wanting a bisharp with Knock off. If I were to transfer a pawniard with knock off from B2/W2 and bred it, would the move get passed down?

Ryuken

Steel User
No, you can only get it from the move tutor, it is not an egg move, and therefore can not be passed by breeding.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
I have Pokerus in my game. I have been EV training using it. Yesterday, I got Pokerus onto my entire party that I had, and fully EV-trained up a Goomy. I then saved and turned it off. Today, I logged back onto my game (the game clock did pass midnight) and all my pokemon were not cured of Pokerus, but they never had it. There wasn't the little smiley face in the corner of the summary screen, and they could get Pokerus again! The Goomy retained all it's EVs and was still trained, but it no longer had Pokerus. I then was able to put Pokerus back onto the Goomy. Why is this happening, and has it happened to anybody else? All the pokemon in my game are legit to the best of my knowledge, and I got Pokerus from a wild encounter, not through trade.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have Pokerus in my game. I have been EV training using it. Yesterday, I got Pokerus onto my entire party that I had, and fully EV-trained up a Goomy. I then saved and turned it off. Today, I logged back onto my game (the game clock did pass midnight) and all my pokemon were not cured of Pokerus, but they never had it. There wasn't the little smiley face in the corner of the summary screen, and they could get Pokerus again! The Goomy retained all it's EVs and was still trained, but it no longer had Pokerus. I then was able to put Pokerus back onto the Goomy. Why is this happening, and has it happened to anybody else? All the pokemon in my game are legit to the best of my knowledge, and I got Pokerus from a wild encounter, not through trade.

This happened to someone else on this thread a few weeks ago and I researched it. The only explanation for Pokerus disappearing like that is if the Pokerus is hacked to be Strain 0 instead of one of Strains 1-15. If a Pokemon has Pokerus Strain 0, it will be as if it never had Pokerus at all after midnight instead of being healed of it. Stain 0 is also contagious and can be passed to other Pokemon. You can get Pokerus Strain 0 from hacked Pokemon that were PokeTransferred from Generation 5, which is where most people get it.

However, you said that your Pokemon got it from a wild encounter and not from a trade or PokeTransfer, which does not explain why it disappeared from your Pokemon. I've never heard of that glitch happening before in XY. I suppose it's possible, but I think it's more likely that you got hacked PokeRus from a transferred/Wonder Traded Pokemon and just didn't realize it.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
This happened to someone else on this thread a few weeks ago and I researched it. The only explanation for Pokerus disappearing like that is if the Pokerus is hacked to be Strain 0 instead of one of Strains 1-15. If a Pokemon has Pokerus Strain 0, it will be as if it never had Pokerus at all after midnight instead of being healed of it. Stain 0 is also contagious and can be passed to other Pokemon. You can get Pokerus Strain 0 from hacked Pokemon that were PokeTransferred from Generation 5, which is where most people get it.

However, you said that your Pokemon got it from a wild encounter and not from a trade or PokeTransfer, which does not explain why it disappeared from your Pokemon. I've never heard of that glitch happening before in XY. I suppose it's possible, but I think it's more likely that you got hacked PokeRus from a transferred/Wonder Traded Pokemon and just didn't realize it.

Thanks, Varanus.

-_- I hate hackers that spread around the illegitimacy. I wonder if I maybe have two strands of Pokerus running around.

My next question would be: Does having illegitimate Pokerus affect the overall legality of my pokemon? More than likely, I do have Strain 0. Is the Goomy I just trained now considered illegal? I don't have Poke Transfer, so I can't see if it will get through the filter.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks, Varanus.

-_- I hate hackers that spread around the illegitimacy. I wonder if I maybe have two strands of Pokerus running around.

My next question would be: Does having illegitimate Pokerus affect the overall legality of my pokemon? More than likely, I do have Strain 0. Is the Goomy I just trained now considered illegal? I don't have Poke Transfer, so I can't see if it will get through the filter.

Hacked Pokerus will get through PokeTransfer, which is how it got into Gen VI in the first place. I've never had Strain 0, so I'm not sure if it will repeatedly come back and disappear again. If it never comes back again, then you're fine. If it comes back and disappears repeatedly, I'm not sure if the Pokemon would be considered hacked or not in a tournament. It would get into an online tournament just fine, but as for in-life, I don't know. Although Pokemon World Champion Ray Rizzo was allowed to use a blatantly hacked Dream Ball Aegislash in an in-life Nintendo tournament and that apparently passed Nintendo's hack-checks, so if they don't notice that, I'm pretty sure they won't notice hacked Pokerus.

And I'd be willing to bet that you do have 2 strains of Pokerus running around. One that you got from a wild Pokemon, and the hacked one that you got from a transferred Pokemon.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Hacked Pokerus will get through PokeTransfer, which is how it got into Gen VI in the first place. I've never had Strain 0, so I'm not sure if it will repeatedly come back and disappear again. If it never comes back again, then you're fine. If it comes back and disappears repeatedly, I'm not sure if the Pokemon would be considered hacked or not in a tournament. It would get into an online tournament just fine, but as for in-life, I don't know. Although Pokemon World Champion Ray Rizzo was allowed to use a blatantly hacked Dream Ball Aegislash in an in-life Nintendo tournament and that apparently passed Nintendo's hack-checks, so if they don't notice that, I'm pretty sure they won't notice hacked Pokerus.

And I'd be willing to bet that you do have 2 strains of Pokerus running around. One that you got from a wild Pokemon, and the hacked one that you got from a transferred Pokemon.

Alright, well thanks for all your help.

It does come back, and then it goes away again at midnight for my pokemon that are in my party. It stays on in the PC Box, like it should. That's annoying.

Kacho

You are next.
also, does anyone know if the XY wondertrade hack things has been resolved? I don't have bad eggs so far so I guess im good.

Ryuken

Steel User
I have a small question:
What is the fastest way to "farm" PP ups?

So far the only steady source of PP ups i know of is Wonder trade.

Kacho

You are next.
There's not really anything to resolved. If someone puts up a bad egg on Wonder Trade then that's that.

is there a way i can tell that it's bad before the trade is finished? do i just snap my 3ds shut when i see something weird (?) from the other side's pokemon?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Alright, well thanks for all your help.

It does come back, and then it goes away again at midnight for my pokemon that are in my party. It stays on in the PC Box, like it should. That's annoying.

I hate to say this, but if I ever got the hacked Pokerus, I would release every Pokemon I had that was infected with it to get it off of my game.

also, does anyone know if the XY wondertrade hack things has been resolved? I don't have bad eggs so far so I guess im good.

There's not really anything to resolved. If someone puts up a bad egg on Wonder Trade then that's that.

is there a way i can tell that it's bad before the trade is finished? do i just snap my 3ds shut when i see something weird (?) from the other side's pokemon?

You can't put Eggs on Wonder Trade. However, the rumors that I've heard are that a Pokemon will turn into a Bad Egg. I'm not sure if that's is true or not, but the chances of getting the glitched Pokemon from Wonder Trade are exceedingly rare. There is nothing you can do to tell if a Pokemon is a Bad Egg or not. But once again, I'm not even sure that there's been a documented case of someone getting the glitch from Wonder Trade. The only documented Bad Egg case I've heard of is an Australian guy who believes the problem has to do with his SD card in his 3DS, because he got the exact same glitch at the exact same time on both his X and Y version. The chances of that happening are basically zero unless the problem was in his personal hardware.

If you do get the glitch somehow, the only way to get rid of it is to restart your game. You can save all of your Pokemon if you have PokeBank. Put everything you want to save on Bank, then restart your game. The Bad Egg glitch will go away and you haven't lost anything, other than the fact that you have to play through the story again.