• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

LLR

Vivillon Trader
There are three ways to do this. The SD card in the 3DS is identical to SD cards that are used in digital cameras. All you have to do is take the SD card out of the 3DS, put it in your computer (if you have an SD card slot or SD card reader), and find the pictures and copy them. I just opened up mine to find where the pictures are for you. If you plug in your SD card to the computer and open it, there are 2 folders: 3DS and DCIM. Go to DCIM --> 100NIN03, and your pictures should all be right there to copy.

If you choose to do it this way, I have one warning for you - DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, move anything or delete anything in the "3DS" folder. You don't want to corrupt your game. I don't know what happens if you delete the pictures off of your card, but I doubt it hurts anything.

The second way to get the pictures is to get on the 3ds GlobalLink. Your latest picture will be there, and actually they all might be there. I'm not sure.

The third way is to set up a Dropbox account. Dropbox's "basic upload" feature is compatible with the 3DS browser, and you can upload your pictures to your computer straight from your 3DS.

WOW!!

Thank you Varanus!
I thought they were stuck in my DS forever (kind of short sighted on part.)

Thank you for figuring out how to do it.
I know I'm not the one who originally asked the question.

I wish reputations were back you earned one for this.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
I hate to say this, but if I ever got the hacked Pokerus, I would release every Pokemon I had that was infected with it to get it off of my game.

Yeah. I took care of it :(

But I did find that I have two strands of Pokerus. One strand disappeared off my pokemon after midnight, while the other stayed around as it should.

Goomy is actually able to be caught and know Rain Dance at the same time. If you make it use rain dance when it isnt raining and level it up in that battle, it should evolve from the rain

Wrong. Actually, you can only evolve Sliggoo through natural rain. Which is a real pain to find. When you are EV training, it's pouring everywhere. When are you are trying to evolve Sliggoo, then it's dry as a bone.

Now, another question: To get the top scoring items in Super Training, do I need to beat the target scores? If so, any tips? I can't seem to beat the target times for the original 6 minigames you have, let alone the multiple balloon games.

Kacho

You are next.
There are three ways to do this. The SD card in the 3DS is identical to SD cards that are used in digital cameras. All you have to do is take the SD card out of the 3DS, put it in your computer (if you have an SD card slot or SD card reader), and find the pictures and copy them. I just opened up mine to find where the pictures are for you. If you plug in your SD card to the computer and open it, there are 2 folders: 3DS and DCIM. Go to DCIM --> 100NIN03, and your pictures should all be right there to copy.

If you choose to do it this way, I have one warning for you - DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, move anything or delete anything in the "3DS" folder. You don't want to corrupt your game. I don't know what happens if you delete the pictures off of your card, but I doubt it hurts anything.

The second way to get the pictures is to get on the 3ds GlobalLink. Your latest picture will be there, and actually they all might be there. I'm not sure.

The third way is to set up a Dropbox account. Dropbox's "basic upload" feature is compatible with the 3DS browser, and you can upload your pictures to your computer straight from your 3DS.

omg thanks! So wait, if i go to dropbox on my 3ds, don't i have to connect to internet? i thikn i might jsut use my SD card...

*goes to save this post or even give reputation if i can find it*

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
Might've been asked, might not have. I'm curious about Pokebank.

My partner and I have a 3ds each, and pokebank each, I have Y and she has X. Now, I've read here and there, you can use multiple carts on one Pokebank, but, can I use her X in my Y bank? I'm mostly complete with my living pokedex, (about 580, I have all events (including Diancie) (which I know don't count)).

In essence: I'm just wondering if I can place my 24 boxes of pokemon into my bank, then onto her pokemon X, load up her game, get both charms, store my pokemon back on my bank, and finally back onto my game?

EDIT: I would've checked myself, but she's 4 hours away, and I don't have the car >_>

Last edited:

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Might've been asked, might not have. I'm curious about Pokebank.

My partner and I have a 3ds each, and pokebank each, I have Y and she has X. Now, I've read here and there, you can use multiple carts on one Pokebank, but, can I use her X in my Y bank? I'm mostly complete with my living pokedex, (about 580, I have all events (including Diancie) (which I know don't count)).

In essence: I'm just wondering if I can place my 24 boxes of pokemon into my bank, then onto her pokemon X, load up her game, get both charms, store my pokemon back on my bank, and finally back onto my game?

EDIT: I would've checked myself, but she's 4 hours away, and I don't have the car >_>

Pokebank is tied to the DS not the game card.
So if you load your pokemon into bank save. Turn off the DS. Insert her game card into your DS you can then download your pokemon into her game. Or vice versa.

Been there done that multiple times. Hint use the start button to get I think its the green arrow so you can move whole boxes at once. Eggs won't transfer into bank.

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
Pokebank is tied to the DS not the game card.
So if you load your pokemon into bank save. Turn off the DS. Insert her game card into your DS you can then download your pokemon into her game. Or vice versa.

Been there done that multiple times. Hint use the start button to get I think its the green arrow so you can move whole boxes at once. Eggs won't transfer into bank.

Thanks for that, thought that was the case, wasn't sure if there was a semi link or not. And it's Select or Start. I've been using that feature since LG (I think that's when they added the press and hold to select multiple)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

If you meant Pokemon Global Link, that's only for the picture taken in your X/Y game via the photographer guy.

And yes, all the pic you've taken in X/Y will be there.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Does anyone know what the best rate for getting chain-fished shinies is in 6th Gen with the Shiny Charm? Also, does the likelyhood reset if you use a different rod without changing places?

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Where do I go to evolve Magneton into Magnezone ?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Does anyone know what the best rate for getting chain-fished shinies is in 6th Gen with the Shiny Charm? Also, does the likelyhood reset if you use a different rod without changing places?

Once you get to 40 chains, you have the highest chance of getting a shiny Pokemon, but it might take you well past 40 chains to get one. The Shiny Charm does not affect chain fishing or the PokeRadar. I don't know about the rods; sorry.

Where do I go to evolve Magneton into Magnezone ?

Route 13 in XY (outside the Power Plant).

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
I'm not sure if there's a better place to ask this, or if I shouldn't ask this at all, but please let me know if this belongs elsewhere :)

I've been using Pokegen to help transfer my pokemon to X/Y from 4th gen. Basically, I just dragged and dropped the pokemon from the 4th gen file and put them in the 5th gen file, then transferred. The only problem I ever had was trying to transfer a Machamp, who I'd taught Rock Climb which it can't learn in 6th gen.

Today, however, when I try to use the poketransporter, it first tells me that there is a pokemon in the box that can't be sent - a problem has been detected and it cannot be sent. But then when I get to the Box screen, it shows up as empty, and I'm told I need to make sure I put pokemon in Box 1. Mind you, I've placed about 12 pokemon in Box 1, most of which have been transferred before with the same method, the only difference being that they're a higher level, but the moves are the same. I can put pokemon found in Gen 5 in the box and have it work with them, but not the ones for fourth gen.

Like I said, I've done this plenty of times before just fine, even with the same pokemon that aren't showing up now. The last time I did this with 4th gen pokemon was probably sometime in May. Has something happened with Pokebank that's making this not work anymore? If not, what could possibly be different that's making them unable to be sent?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm not sure if there's a better place to ask this, or if I shouldn't ask this at all, but please let me know if this belongs elsewhere :)

I've been using Pokegen to help transfer my pokemon to X/Y from 4th gen. Basically, I just dragged and dropped the pokemon from the 4th gen file and put them in the 5th gen file, then transferred. The only problem I ever had was trying to transfer a Machamp, who I'd taught Rock Climb which it can't learn in 6th gen.

Today, however, when I try to use the poketransporter, it first tells me that there is a pokemon in the box that can't be sent - a problem has been detected and it cannot be sent. But then when I get to the Box screen, it shows up as empty, and I'm told I need to make sure I put pokemon in Box 1. Mind you, I've placed about 12 pokemon in Box 1, most of which have been transferred before with the same method, the only difference being that they're a higher level, but the moves are the same. I can put pokemon found in Gen 5 in the box and have it work with them, but not the ones for fourth gen.

Like I said, I've done this plenty of times before just fine, even with the same pokemon that aren't showing up now. The last time I did this with 4th gen pokemon was probably sometime in May. Has something happened with Pokebank that's making this not work anymore? If not, what could possibly be different that's making them unable to be sent?

In the games, Pokemon with HM moves cannot be transferred through PokeTransfer from Gen IV to Gen V. Rock Climb can only be learned by Machamp through HM in Gen IV. This makes Rock Climb an illegal move on Machamp in Gen V and Gen VI. That's probably why it's flagged as non-transferrable.

Is that the problem you're having, or was that in the past and now your transfer box is showing up as empty when there should be Pokemon in it? I'm a little confused about what your issue is.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
In the games, Pokemon with HM moves cannot be transferred through PokeTransfer from Gen IV to Gen V. Rock Climb can only be learned by Machamp through HM in Gen IV. This makes Rock Climb an illegal move on Machamp in Gen V and Gen VI. That's probably why it's flagged as non-transferrable.

Is that the problem you're having, or was that in the past and now your transfer box is showing up as empty when there should be Pokemon in it? I'm a little confused about what your issue is.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. No, the Machamp was just the only past problem I've had. I've even been able to send all my pokemon with HMs like Fly and Surf through without any problem at all. Today is the first time I'm having a problem where none of the pokemon I've tried to drag from 4th to 5th gen via Pokegen are showing up in the poketransporter.

For example, several months ago, I transferred my Nidoqueen from HeartGold by dragging it from my HG file to my White file using Pokegen. Trying to do the same thing today, it's not showing up in the poketransporter, and the only thing different about it this time is that it's 7 levels higher. The moves, EVs, Ribbons, Pokerus, etc. are all the same as when I transferred it the first time, so I'm just really confused why there's suddenly a problem with it.

And I checked, and they really are there in Box 1 on my White file.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. No, the Machamp was just the only past problem I've had. I've even been able to send all my pokemon with HMs like Fly and Surf through without any problem at all. Today is the first time I'm having a problem where none of the pokemon I've tried to drag from 4th to 5th gen via Pokegen are showing up in the poketransporter.

There's your Problem.. If the only Pokémon that is failing to be sent to Pokémon Box has been used with Pokégen.

Pokegen is an "cheating" Device According to Nintendo, Serebii and myself. There is a forum rule about it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
The problem wasn't them being "genned", though. The problem was that the original "genned" Pokemon passed, but a clone of it did not.

Cpchris, I think it's better to ask that in a community that accept hacking, I doubt you'll get any meaningful answer here.

PokeBank is weird really, I still don't know why a Level 20 Leavanny from Hidden Grotto is blocked by the Bank, it is legitimate since I'm the one who caught it. The Leavanny cannot be transferred, yet a legitimate level 6 Azumarill caught in the same game passed Bank......

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I restarted X so I suppose that my Global Link account is not valid anymore...how do I get it invalidated to create a new one?

DarkLordVerjal

I have a quick question about breeding/masuda method. I had gotten a Axew from GTS from Korea, bred it with a Ditto for IVs, now breeding the Korean Axew with a perfect IV axew. Will the masuda method work on this, since the offspring I'm using was technically bred from the original Axew?

Ryuken

Steel User
Is it okay to ask around here for a Gen 6 cloner? If so, where should I ask?

Apparently it is, as it is not considered hacking.
I would recommend trying the 6th Gen-WiFi Center section of the forums if you are looking for one.