• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I need some pokedex help, I'm trying to complete the pokedex to get the shiny charm for future shiny hunts, but I do not have meloetta or keldeo in my pokedex, i don't have them in my other games either. How am I supposed to get event only pokemon for my dex when the event is over?

Event Pokemon aren't required for Pokedex completion, if you have everyone but them, you should be fine.

If you're worried about them though, try here:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?618215-Dex-Entry-Trading-Thread

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
My brother and I are playing our games at the same time...the problem is that he won't play for at least three weeks because he'll be on holidays abroad...and he want us to travel at the same time...the problem is that he is after badge 5 and I want to IV breed and wonder trade in the mean time but Kiloude is after the elite 4 so I can't get my newly hatched pokes judged...I can use a IV calculator but it's not really good at level 1...how can I get their level artificially raised to use an IV calculator ?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
My brother and I are playing our games at the same time...the problem is that he won't play for at least three weeks because he'll be on holidays abroad...and he want us to travel at the same time...the problem is that he is after badge 5 and I want to IV breed and wonder trade in the mean time but Kiloude is after the elite 4 so I can't get my newly hatched pokes judged...I can use a IV calculator but it's not really good at level 1...how can I get their level artificially raised to use an IV calculator ?

You can use online Battles, there's a Battle Restriction which causes all Levels to default to Level 50, which means you can trace down Stats from there.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

If you save first you can use the Battle Institute in Lumiose. Battles there raise pokemon to level 50.
Check the stats for the calculator then do a soft reset.

satanicjesus

Otori said:
I think that you should tell us which is your team, if Pupitar or Lucario is better depends on your team :)

Whoops. I have Absol, Sealeo, Manectric, Vulpix and Hawlucha (HM slave). I'm using pokemon I haven't used before.

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
Can you get a shiny pokemon from a fossil in this game?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Can you get a shiny pokemon from a fossil in this game?
Yes, it is possible for Pokemon revived from fossils to be shiny.

Last edited:

sheerioxo

So, do we have access to the Diancie event yet? If so, how do you get it? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Trevenant

Banned
Only Japanese players do (what a shock...), sadly. I think they already said when America gets it, it will unfortunately be one of those stupid in-store events.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Only Japanese players do (what a shock...), sadly. I think they already said when America gets it, it will unfortunately be one of those stupid in-store events.

If you ask around, you'll be able to find someone who's nice enough to clone their's for you. Take a look in the trade shops and try your luck.

Trevenant

Banned
If you ask around, you'll be able to find someone who's nice enough to clone their's for you. Take a look in the trade shops and try your luck.
I've had a lot of offers thus far but no good ones. Most of them have been the same one offered, actually, so I assume there's only a few pre-release Diancie floating around and they're all from the same person/people.

I'm sure people blessed enough to live near specific stores then have to make some stupid in-store purchase will be able to get it in America... eventually...

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

What moves does the mother know? I believe any egg moves the mother has will take priority over the father's egg moves in being passed if she knows any. So if the mother knows Sucker Punch, Baton Pass, Me First, and Feint Attack, then all your Absol will come out with those moves, because they're all egg moves for Absol.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
What moves does the mother know? I believe any egg moves the mother has will take priority over the father's egg moves in being passed if she knows any. So if the mother knows Sucker Punch, Baton Pass, Me First, and Feint Attack, then all your Absol will come out with those moves, because they're all egg moves for Absol.

Well, the first female Absol that I'm trying to breed with knows Sucker Punch,Me First,Psycho Cut,and Rock Smash. Today I tried to breed it with the male Mawile as it knows the moves Sweet Scent,Play Rough,Feint Attack,and Baton Pass. But so far, it only learn Me First,Baton Pass,Feint Attack,and Sucker Punch. This breeding problem in X and Y series has never happened to me before until today.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Well, the first female Absol that I'm trying to breed with knows Sucker Punch,Me First,Psycho Cut,and Rock Smash. Today I tried to breed it with the male Mawile as it knows the moves Sweet Scent,Play Rough,Feint Attack,and Baton Pass. But so far, it only learn Me First,Baton Pass,Feint Attack,and Sucker Punch. This breeding problem in X and Y series has never happened to me before until today.

If the order you listed the moves are the exact order they are in the parents' movesets, I'd suggest moving Play Rough to the bottom of Mawile's moveset. The way I see it is, when the egg is created, the father first passes its egg moves, which in this case are Play Rough, Feint Attack, and Baton Pass, in that order. Then the mother passes her two egg moves: Sucker Punch and Me First. Since that's five egg moves total, the game deletes the oldest one (in this case, Play Rough) to make room for the last new egg move.

Icemith

Hi everyone :) I have a quick question regarding destiny knot.

If one parent holds it, does the offspring only receieve 5 evs from the parent holding the knot or 5 iv's from both parents? :) Thanks!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

If one parent holds it, does the offspring only receieve 5 evs from the parent holding the knot or 5 iv's from both parents? :) Thanks!

Unless I am reading the description wrong from Serebii's Item Dex then its both parents.

Thibideau

Beautiful Midnight

The offspring will receive 5 IVS from both parents combined.

So if you're breeding something with 2 perfect IV's in HP and attack with something that has 3 perfect IV's in Def, Sp Def, and Speed the ideal result will be an offspring with 5 perfect IV's in everything but SP attack. However finding one with 5 IV's may take some time since there is no way to know which IV's are inherited. So the best way to go about doing it is that any time you find an upgrade replace the one with the lowest perfect IV count for the new one with more of better IV's.

Example: Male Eevee with Destiny knot
31 HP
31 Attack

Female Eevee
31 Defense
31 Sp. Defense
31 Speed

After hatching a few eggs you end up with a Male Eevee that has
31 HP
31 Attack
31 Sp.Defense

So now you can take the old Male Eevee out, swtich the destiny knot to the offspring and stick it back into the daycare. Now you'll have two Eevee's that each have 3 Perfect IV's, which increases the odds that offspring will end up with Perfect IV's. Repeat the process until you end up with your desired result.

Keep in mind however that 6 Perfect IV's will always be random even with two 6 IV parents. The destiny knot will always produce 5 IV's meaning with two 6 IV parents, every offspring will have 5 perfect IV's but the last stat will be random. (Between 0 and 31.)

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I was curious. Has the X and Y event for Diancie happened let or are we still waiting on it. I thought I remembered something about it being given away during the movie in Japan alongside Darkari but I can't remeber.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was curious. Has the X and Y event for Diancie happened let or are we still waiting on it. I thought I remembered something about it being given away during the movie in Japan alongside Darkari but I can't remeber.

The event officially started on the 19th in Japan, although some were distributed on the 6th at the pre-release of the film.