• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I have a question about the DIancie event going on right now. I have a potential trade partner who has a German DIancie, and I was wondering if that was possible since its only out in Japan right now. If it works out the way I think it does then its not hacked, but I wanted to be sure.

Trevenant

Banned
So I have a question about the DIancie event going on right now. I have a potential trade partner who has a German DIancie, and I was wondering if that was possible since its only out in Japan right now. If it works out the way I think it does then its not hacked, but I wanted to be sure.
This is fine.

Not many people notice it but when you first start your game you can select your language---English, French, German, etc. Any Pokemon you obtain will be flagged as that language, even event Pokemon.
It could've also been a German person that visited Japan, as the event isn't region-locked. (serial code events are though, sadly.)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
This is fine.

Not many people notice it but when you first start your game you can select your language---English, French, German, etc. Any Pokemon you obtain will be flagged as that language, even event Pokemon.
It could've also been a German person that visited Japan, as the event isn't region-locked. (serial code events are though, sadly.)

Awesome, I thought so but wanted to be sure. Thank you!

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Breeding Question:

Bulbapedia: Pokémon Breeding said:
Inheriting Abilities
In Generation V, female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities have a 60% chance of passing on the Hidden Ability to their offspring when bred with a male Pokémon from the same Egg Group...

Starting in Black 2 and White 2, there is an 80% chance that the Ability slot of the female will be passed to the baby. This chance does not apply if Ditto is used as either parent.
So, about this: is it better to breed two Egg Group pokemon instead of a pokemon with a Ditto if I'm Masuda Method breeding a Pokemon with a Hidden Ability? Or is the passing down of Hidden Abilities just locked at 60%?

Also, an observation regarding the bolded segment:
While I was IV breeding a 6IV Ditto with a female Noibat with Infiltrator (a standard ability), out of the 30 offspring I hatched, only 1 had Frisk. That's an incredible outlier for not having an Ability bias with Dittos, it's even strange with the 80% odds. What happened?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Breeding Question:

So, about this: is it better to breed two Egg Group pokemon instead of a pokemon with a Ditto if I'm Masuda Method breeding a Pokemon with a Hidden Ability? Or is the passing down of Hidden Abilities just locked at 60%?

While I was IV breeding a 6IV Ditto with a female Noibat with Infiltrator (a standard ability), out of the 30 offspring I hatched, only 1 had Frisk. That's an incredible outlier for not having an Ability bias with Dittos, it's even strange with the 80% odds. What happened?

I'm pretty sure when breeding with a Ditto the chance is very low, but I don't think the exact number is known.

shadowF

I still haven't picked up the event Vivillon from the girl if I wait after Thursday can I still pick it up or I cant anymore?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I still haven't picked up the event Vivillon from the girl if I wait after Thursday can I still pick it up or I cant anymore?

You can pick it up at anytime. You just need to download the "card" under the Mystery Gift menu option before Thursday.

I've actually still got Celebi and Suicune in 4th Gen unclaimed. (They were the last two Events for Gen 4 I could get. It was held in Spring 2011)

Astrint

Breeding Star
What is the iv's needed to acquire an HP Ice in x and y? I have a shiny numel that has HP Ice but according to the kiloude iv checker guy it doesn't have perfect sp.att iv's which Psypoke says is needed but they don't have HP Fairy so I was wondering if that was an outdated list.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What is the iv's needed to acquire an HP Ice in x and y? I have a shiny numel that has HP Ice but according to the kiloude iv checker guy it doesn't have perfect sp.att iv's which Psypoke says is needed but they don't have HP Fairy so I was wondering if that was an outdated list.

Hidden power haven't changed since Gen 3, with the exception of Power being locked to 60. HP Fairy doesn't exist. The list at Psypokes should be correct, but I've not personally verified it.

There are actually many sets of IVs that will result in having HP Ice. The "Best" IVs for HP Ice is All 31s, except for Speed which will be 30. (Higher the IV the higher your Pokémon stats are.)

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

I noticed that whichever pokemon is holding the Destiny Knot item has the higher chance of passing it's ability. I attached it to a Ditto and breed around 40 Skarmory and only one had Keen Eye, while all the others had Sturdy. I don't think this is pure coincidence, and I'm not sure if the same thing applies to HA's.

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
I have a question about Regigigas' Slow Start; I keep reading different things on different sites about how Slow Start is affected by moves like Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, and Skill Swap in Double Battles. Some people say that using these moves on Regigigas will negate its stat drop from Slow Start after the turn it's used. Others say it doesn't, since the stat drop from Slow Start hits right when Regigigas is sent into battle and changing or suppressing its ability doesn't bring its stats back up. Which is true?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Removing Slow Start will reset Attack and Speed to their normal values; if Slow Start is regained, Attack and Speed are halved once more, but the counter continues from where it was.

The Japanese versions of DP are bugged in such a way that removing Slow Start does not reset Attack and Speed to their normal values, but this has long since been fixed.

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
Removing Slow Start will reset Attack and Speed to their normal values; if Slow Start is regained, Attack and Speed are halved once more, but the counter continues from where it was.

The Japanese versions of DP are bugged in such a way that removing Slow Start does not reset Attack and Speed to their normal values, but this has long since been fixed.

Thanks! Does the reset in stats happen immediately after using Gastro Acid, etc., or does it have to wait until the next turn? For example, on the first turn I use Gastro Acid on Regigigas, then Regigigas attacks with, say, Iron Head. Will Iron Head do full damage that same turn or half damage?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Thanks! Does the reset in stats happen immediately after using Gastro Acid, etc., or does it have to wait until the next turn? For example, on the first turn I use Gastro Acid on Regigigas, then Regigigas attacks with, say, Iron Head. Will Iron Head do full damage that same turn or half damage?

The reset would take place immediatly, as all stat changes do. It's like if you use Swagger on a slower pokémon, their attack stat is raised immediatly.

a cat

I need a few suggestions as for Pokémon I should add to my team. I currently have Greninja, Talonflame, and Metagross. Who else should I have? Their abilities are torrent, gale wings, and clear body. All 3 are shiny from the Safari. I would prefer team members being from the Friend Safari or chain fishing to create an entirely shiny team. I am a beginner at battling so I need this help. If it helps I also have a shiny Aipom, which may be worth considering but I don't know enough about it if I should use it? Movesets that work?

SurrealistSmeargle

Quick question, cos I've completely forgotten if you have the National dex from the start, or if your dex is upgraded post E4. Is it possible to obtain the Shiny Charm before beating the E4?

Crystagon

Quick question, cos I've completely forgotten if you have the National dex from the start, or if your dex is upgraded post E4. Is it possible to obtain the Shiny Charm before beating the E4?
Your Pokedex is upgraded after the E4, so it's impossible to get the Shiny Charm before then.