• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Has anyone ever seen this before when challenged to a battle on PSS? Is this a result of a poor PowerSave, or maybe a communication glitch?

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/photo8_zps332b4dda.jpg[/IMG300]

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Has anyone ever seen this before when challenged to a battle on PSS? Is this a result of a poor PowerSave, or maybe a communication glitch?

[IMG300]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/photo8_zps332b4dda.jpg[/IMG300]
I have. They asked to battle, and didn't notice until after clicking "accept" twice. I don;t know for sure what the other player had going on, but here's what I remember happened:

- It was a "No Restrictions" battle, as all of his Pokemon were lvl100.
- He had 4 Shiny Legendary Pokemon on his team, one of which was a Shiny, Max Speed Darkrai (it out-sped my IV bred Greninja)
- He had a Shiny Grass Plate Arceus with Defog
- He played terribly (suggesting he just got all of these valuable Pokes somehow without properly knowing how to use them)

Nothing strange happened other than the above. I whooped their butt, then logged out normally (no DC). I haden't seen them online for a month afterwards, so I've since deleted them from my Aquaintances, so I can;t find any further info from them.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have. They asked to battle, and didn't notice until after clicking "accept" twice. I don;t know for sure what the other player had going on, but here's what I remember happened:

- It was a "No Restrictions" battle, as all of his Pokemon were lvl100.
- He had 4 Shiny Legendary Pokemon on his team, one of which was a Shiny, Max Speed Darkrai (it out-sped my IV bred Greninja)
- He had a Shiny Grass Plate Arceus with Defog
- He played terribly (suggesting he just got all of these valuable Pokes somehow without properly knowing how to use them)

Nothing strange happened other than the above. I whooped their butt, then logged out normally (no DC). I haden't seen them online for a month afterwards, so I've since deleted them from my Aquaintances, so I can;t find any further info from them.

Thank you! I didn't actually get to battle this person because it was taking forever to prepare the battle, which worried me considering the weird numbers, so I just powered off the 3DS. I do remember that the person's name was "Kasey". Shiny Arceus is completely illegal, which makes me wonder if this is some sort of glitch that occurs if the other player has poorly-hacked Pokemon.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Thank you! I didn't actually get to battle this person because it was taking forever to prepare the battle, which worried me considering the weird numbers, so I just powered off the 3DS. I do remember that the person's name was "Kasey". Shiny Arceus is completely illegal, which makes me wonder if this is some sort of glitch that occurs if the other player has poorly-hacked Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure it's just a communication glitch. It has happened to me a couple of times with friends.

skpg

is there a shortcut getting egg moves for Eevee? I heard about using Smeagle, how does that work?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
is there a shortcut getting egg moves for Eevee? I heard about using Smeagle, how does that work?

Enter a Double Battle with a male Smeargle and a Pokemon knowing the Egg move you want on Eevee. Have Smeargle Sketch the move. If you need more Egg moves, keep relearning Sketch and repeating the process for the rest of the Egg moves. Then, breed the male Smeargle with a female Eevee.

Blasting Toise

Enter a Double Battle with a male Smeargle and a Pokemon knowing the Egg move you want on Eevee. Have Smeargle Sketch the move. If you need more Egg moves, keep relearning Sketch and repeating the process for the rest of the Egg moves. Then, breed the male Smeargle with a female Eevee.

That is considerably harder in XY than in previous gens because double battles are pretty much exclusive to restaurants (or is there other places to have them in-game?)
So having 5th or 4th gen game helps a lot.

And I don't want to be pain on the backside but has anyone even read my post about strange color glitch? :O I really wonder if anyone else has had the same. I guess not since no one has responded...

skpg

that still sounds like a pain. I don't think there is any egg moves that Jolteon would need anyway.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
And I don't want to be pain on the backside but has anyone even read my post about strange color glitch? :O I really wonder if anyone else has had the same. I guess not since no one has responded...

If the Pokemon appears white, it's just a minor graphical glitch where the textures don't load properly. Save and restart, and it should disappear.

Blasting Toise

If the Pokemon appears white, it's just a minor graphical glitch where the textures don't load properly. Save and restart, and it should disappear.

Okay good to hear- I thought so but I was not sure. Thanks for the answer :)

Could apricorn ball somehow cause this? It disappeared right after hatching animation ended so I didn't need to restart. Pokemon games don't usually have much graphical glitches by my experience so it was unusual. In some other game I wouldn't be so surprised but Pokemon games rarely have such obvious graphical bugs. It's just bad when you are hunting shinys with masuda method and pokemon hatches without colors :p

Mera

OK I'm at the highest level of work at the hotel and I find it nearly impossible to make the beds within the 38 seconds needed to get the full compensation. Are thee any tricks to use?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Could apricorn ball somehow cause this? It disappeared right after hatching animation ended so I didn't need to restart. Pokemon games don't usually have much graphical glitches by my experience so it was unusual. In some other game I wouldn't be so surprised but Pokemon games rarely have such obvious graphical bugs. It's just bad when you are hunting shinys with masuda method and pokemon hatches without colors :p
Does this happen with any other games you play on your DS? It might be your system, not the cartridge (especially if it's an online download) I've never had this problem myself, with over 700 hours logged into XY (breeding, man...)

OK I'm at the highest level of work at the hotel and I find it nearly impossible to make the beds within the 38 seconds needed to get the full compensation. Are thee any tricks to use?
You know you can run, right? I never had this problem, and I'd even messed around before. Just make sure to go the most efficient routes (aka don't go from one corner to the other, just to come back again)

Mera

First I hear of it, how?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
First I hear of it, how?
How to run? Just hold down B while you walk. It'll show you running instead of just casually walking

Mera

Thank you.

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
Hey I need some help. A few days ago a guy traded me a bunch of rare pokemon. He said he didnt mind what he got back as they were cloned, at first I was put off at the idea of that, but then he started giving me stuff like, Mew, Genesect, Arceus etc. And well... I wanted them.

Anyways, what I am wondering though, is there any way to check if these pokemon I got are real? Or wheter they are cheated into the game? I didn't even consider the posibility of them being made by a hacking device at the time of the trade, but now I am a little uncertain wheter or not they could be hacked. And so I am afraid of using them in battles and stuff, I don't know if they are legit or not to be honest.

Can anyone help? The list of pokemon I got were: Genesect, Mew, Arceus, Deoxys, Victini and Manaphy.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Hey I need some help. A few days ago a guy traded me a bunch of rare pokemon. He said he didnt mind what he got back as they were cloned, at first I was put off at the idea of that, but then he started giving me stuff like, Mew, Genesect, Arceus etc. And well... I wanted them.

Anyways, what I am wondering though, is there any way to check if these pokemon I got are real? Or wheter they are cheated into the game? I didn't even consider the posibility of them being made by a hacking device at the time of the trade, but now I am a little uncertain wheter or not they could be hacked. And so I am afraid of using them in battles and stuff, I don't know if they are legit or not to be honest.

Can anyone help? The list of pokemon I got were: Genesect, Mew, Arceus, Deoxys, Victini and Manaphy.

We use the Hack-check thread from gen 5 still, so that's probably your first option. be sure to read the first post as it gives some insight and even a form for us to help you determine if your pokemon are in fact hacked or not

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
We use the Hack-check thread from gen 5 still, so that's probably your first option. be sure to read the first post as it gives some insight and even a form for us to help you determine if your pokemon are in fact hacked or not

Ah ok, thanks. Not really sure where that would be, could you send me a link? ;3 EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Ok, uh I'm pretty sure they are all hacked :/ What should I do with them? Release them? Like, is it dangerous to have them for the game?

Also, can I get banned for using them in a battle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevenant

Banned
Ah ok, thanks. Not really sure where that would be, could you send me a link? ;3 EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Ok, uh I'm pretty sure they are all hacked :/ What should I do with them? Release them? Like, is it dangerous to have them for the game?

Also, can I get banned for using them in a battle?
Nintendo doesn't ban people from Wi-Fi or anything.

Although it goes without saying, don't use them in an official, local tournament, as they DO ban people from those. General rule of thumb - don't use Pokemon you didn't obtain in those kinds of tournaments.

Last edited:

ghohan5

Team Plasma Grunt
Nintendo doesn't ban people from Wi-Fi or anything.

Although it goes without saying, don't use them in an official, local tournament, as they DO ban people from those. General rule of thumb - don't use Pokemon you didn't obtain in those kinds of tournaments.

Yeah ofc, I'm not quite at that level when it comes to my teams anyways. So basically, as long as I don't scam trade someone with them, and just use them for general Wi-fi battles it's cool to keep them?