• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

eiger

Shiny Hunter
I have a question about breeding. They say that an egg is randomly chosen before you pick it up, yes?

I am asking this because I am breeding with a Level 1 parent w/ egg moves. So I don't have to use heart scales to relearn all his moves I only breed 1 egg, which I hatch, when its not the ability I want I just SR.
I saved before giving my parent to the daycare. So the egg should always be different.

However, I keep getting the exact same egg (Ability, Gender, IV not checked). With a species with only 12,5% chance of a female, I hatched 5 females in a row. Tried another pokémon, and again I hatched 5 exact the same eggs...

Do I do something wrong, or isn't it all that random at all??

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a question about breeding. They say that an egg is randomly chosen before you pick it up, yes?

I am asking this because I am breeding with a Level 1 parent w/ egg moves. So I don't have to use heart scales to relearn all his moves I only breed 1 egg, which I hatch, when its not the ability I want I just SR.
I saved before giving my parent to the daycare. So the egg should always be different.

However, I keep getting the exact same egg (Ability, Gender, IV not checked). With a species with only 12,5% chance of a female, I hatched 5 females in a row. Tried another pokémon, and again I hatched 5 exact the same eggs...

Do I do something wrong, or isn't it all that random at all??

The first egg is always the same.

eiger

Shiny Hunter

giselle

Hello Serebii. I have been playing pokemon since I was a little girl but I never knew about the depth of the pokemon world. I was always the type of chick that played, collected badges, defeated the Elite 4 and got the legendaries and that was it. I am so new to the idea of competitive battling. I got a 3DS and pokemon X. I would love any pointers or tips from you guys. My friend code is 1993-9353-7585

TheEliteEmpoleon

giselle

Thanks hun!!!
Hello Serebii. I have been playing pokemon since I was a little girl but I never knew about the depth of the pokemon world. I was always the type of chick that played, collected badges, defeated the Elite 4 and got the legendaries and that was it. I am so new to the idea of competitive battling. I got a 3DS and pokemon X. I would love any pointers or tips from you guys. My friend code is 1993-9353-7585

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I have a question about the Heracross/Pinsir event. Can the Pinsir be male? I've tried several times on my Y to get a male, but so far it has all been female. Also in the Current and Upcoming events on Serebii, it says it can both genders, but in the Internet Downloads in the X and Y section on the site, it says they can only be female. So which one is true? I'd like to have a male.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
If I level up an Eevee on Route 20, does it evolve into Leafeon anywhere in the forest, or just near the Moss Rock.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
If I level up an Eevee on Route 20, does it evolve into Leafeon anywhere in the forest, or just near the Moss Rock.

Levelling up Eevee anywhere on Route 20, not just near the Moss Rock, will cause it to evolve into a Leafeon.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I have a question about the Heracross/Pinsir event. Can the Pinsir be male? I've tried several times on my Y to get a male, but so far it has all been female. Also in the Current and Upcoming events on Serebii, it says it can both genders, but in the Internet Downloads in the X and Y section on the site, it says they can only be female. So which one is true? I'd like to have a male.

In case you're still wondering, it can only be female.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hello, So I've been trying to breed my 5iv gligar on y version with my almost no existent Iv pinser and I'm getting nothing above "relatively surperior" stats message from the checker, do I need to get a higher Iv pinser for better results? I have destiny knot on gligar

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Hello, So I've been trying to breed my 5iv gligar on y version with my almost no existent Iv pinser and I'm getting nothing above "relatively surperior" stats message from the checker, do I need to get a higher Iv pinser for better results? I have destiny knot on gligar

whenever you get a pinsir offspring with more perfect ivs than her mother, replace the mother with the child.

a cat

I have been hunting in a safari, which has Charmeleon, Fletchinder and Growlithe for shiny Pokémon. Every time a shiny shows up, it has been Fletchinder. Could a shiny Growlithe or Charmeleon (I hope lol) show up? Or does the safari have a set shiny? I mean finding 4 shiny Fletchinders in a row is odd. (As in no other shiny poke, not back to back, hours hunting later.)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I have been hunting in a safari, which has Charmeleon, Fletchinder and Growlithe for shiny Pokémon. Every time a shiny shows up, it has been Fletchinder. Could a shiny Growlithe or Charmeleon (I hope lol) show up? Or does the safari have a set shiny? I mean finding 4 shiny Fletchinders in a row is odd. (As in no other shiny poke, not back to back, hours hunting later.)

Friend Safaris do not have a set shiny so just keep searching, you will eventually find a shiny Charmeleon or Growlithe. You will have to be patient however as getting a shiny comes down to luck in the end.

Last edited:

kee13

hello, a question, I Mewtwo unneverse is the only movie with the Japanese name?, can not be achieved without the Japanese name legit?
thanks

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
hello, a question, I Mewtwo unneverse is the only movie with the Japanese name?, can not be achieved without the Japanese name legit?
thanks

I'm trying to read your post, and are you trying to ask if an Unnerve Mewtwo can only be obtained with the Japanese name?

If so, yes. I do believe that particular Mewtwo is only allowed to have the Japanese name to be legit. I could be wrong though.

kee13

I'm trying to read your post, and are you trying to ask if an Unnerve Mewtwo can only be obtained with the Japanese name?

If so, yes. I do believe that particular Mewtwo is only allowed to have the Japanese name to be legit. I could be wrong though.

yes, this is the question, sorry for my english and thank for reply

Trevenant

Banned

Why? All other events I believe are allowed to have any language-name so long as that respective languaged game picks it up.

KamenAeons

Demon Legion (◕‿◕✿)
Why? All other events I believe are allowed to have any language-name so long as that respective languaged game picks it up.

Really? I'm not too sure myself, but you might be right. It's significantly easier in XY to get one of a different language origin, but I guess it is still feasible in prior generations.