• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

BCVM22

And you don't know if its connected to the hoopa event or not lol

Except we do, though. The person who answered your question explained quite clearly how the Hoopa event was hacked open and it has nothing to do with the ghost girl.

Much in the way that...

Volcanion is somehow said to be connected to the power plant

...this isn't the case either.

Here else would hoopa be

Nowhere. It doesn't have to "be" anywhere. You're given the Pokémon via direct download and it triggers a very brief dialogue event with some NPCs. Nothing more.

I hope they don't make a second x y omg that was a pain to finish the
game and collect all the items

Another visit to Kalos is as guaranteed as can be short of being outright definitive.

Folsom

Why? Well, wynaut?
Are they ever gonna patch the cloning glitch?

Its not fair if someone clones but then you cant clone.
They should just be giving out free things instead, its silly.

Like they lost nothing from trading with you but you did.
Thats really not fair.

Thats why I rarely trade anymore. Its a rip off.

@bcv I dont know what definitive means im only 19. Also yes, it says volcanion is connected to the power plant. And I know it would probably be given over WiFi but it would be more creative and fun if they put it in game. Also no one knows anything until it happens so theres no real reason to believe your snobby comments to me. Im sorry for being creative? Lmao.

Last edited:

Akashin

@bcv I dont know what definitive means im only 19. Also yes, it says volcanion is connected to the power plant. And I know it would probably be given over WiFi but it would be more creative and fun if they put it in game. Also no one knows anything until it happens so theres no real reason to believe your snobby comments to me. Im sorry for being creative? Lmao.

Volcanion was only ever suspected to have anything to do with the power plant; it has since been confirmed that Volcanion is the Mythic Pokemon that the editor-in-chief went off in search of in the mountains.

As for the likelihood of revisiting Kalos, well, there's really no point in even debating it (or anything) if it'll just devolve into, "Well, we don't know anything until it happens." Either way, we have four generations of Pokemon games that all point to another visit to Kalos coming.

BCVM22

@bcv I dont know what definitive means im only 19.

I can't do anything about that. You may wish to work on that a bit.

Also yes, it says volcanion is connected to the power plant.

Nothing says that. It was nothing more than what this fanbase does best sometimes, which is mutate baseless speculation until it spreads virulently as accepted fact.

Hoopa event - no ghost girl involved

Volcanion event - no Power Plant involved

Perhaps we can put to rest this latest edition of "someone answered my question but I didn't like the answer, so I'm going to ignore it."

Also no one knows anything until it happens so theres no real reason to believe your snobby comments to me. Im sorry for being creative? Lmao.

I can't do anything about that. You may wish to work on that a bit.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I am trying to Masuda Method a shiny Koffing. After about 1000+ eggs I accidentally ran into the grass near the Daycare and encountered a different shiny. Does this at all affect my chances of getting the shiny I want?

TheEliteEmpoleon

I am trying to Masuda Method a shiny Koffing. After about 1000+ eggs I accidentally ran into the grass near the Daycare and encountered a different shiny. Does this at all affect my chances of getting the shiny I want?

No, it doesn't. Congrats on that random shiny!

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
Hi

I'm trying to get a shiny lol

& I was wondering if the Masuda Method & the Shiny Charm works together or not?

Can someone tell me if it does or does it only affect wild Pokemons

SurrealistSmeargle

Hi

I'm trying to get a shiny lol

& I was wondering if the Masuda Method & the Shiny Charm works together or not?

Can someone tell me if it does or does it only affect wild Pokemons
Yes, it does, as far as can be told from currently ongoing tests. Masuda + Shiny Charm makes the chances somewhere around 1/500 as I recall.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Just out of curiosity, those stat bags you use in super training,I've noticed their patterns are based on pokemon, but I can't understand which ones the Attack and Special Defense ones are based on. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

SurrealistSmeargle

Just out of curiosity, those stat bags you use in super training,I've noticed their patterns are based on pokemon, but I can't understand which ones the Attack and Special Defense ones are based on. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Attack is Machop, Machoke and Machamp. Special Def is Flabebe, Floette and Florges.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
For wifi battles and the like: if my last pokémon uses something like explosion and knocks out the opponent's last 'mon...who wins?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks. Wasn't sure how it was handled for online style battles.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I am unfamiliar with the whole Serial Code Pokémon event stuff, I'm only familiar with Wi-Fi/Local Wireless/Etc. But with the upcoming Shiny Gengar and Diancie events, I figured I'd ask here to get ready for them. How are the serial codes obtained? GameStop wouldn't force me to make a purchase to get the codes will they? Or do I just go in and request the Serial Code(s)? And possibly most important.. Where do I need to be when 'using' the serial code? At Gamestop, or near Wi-Fi?

I apologize for the somewhat noobish question. I just don't want to miss out on these events.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
For wifi battles and the like: if my last pokémon uses something like explosion and knocks out the opponent's last 'mon...who wins?

That should be a draw.

I'm pretty sure, as of Gen 6, if an attack is used to defeat all remaining Pokémon at the same time, then whoever's Pokémon faints last wins the battle.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I am unfamiliar with the whole Serial Code Pokémon event stuff, I'm only familiar with Wi-Fi/Local Wireless/Etc. But with the upcoming Shiny Gengar and Diancie events, I figured I'd ask here to get ready for them. How are the serial codes obtained? GameStop wouldn't force me to make a purchase to get the codes will they? Or do I just go in and request the Serial Code(s)? And possibly most important.. Where do I need to be when 'using' the serial code? At Gamestop, or near Wi-Fi?

I apologize for the somewhat noobish question. I just don't want to miss out on these events.
If the latest event with the pinsir/heracrossite was serial code, then all you have to do is go in and ask about the event. I told the worker I had two game (X and Y) and was handed two cards which had scratch off that had the codes under it. You don't have to buy anything. :)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

The serial Codes are given out by the GameStop. Depending on the clerks position, this can be hard or easy to get. You should be able to get one by asking for one. However, it maybe a pain to get one. Be prepared by printing off the Offical web pages, such as GameStops own. In the Link below, for this past event it states "No Purchase Necessary".

To Actually Redeem a Code, you'll need to be able to use Wifi, and insert a code on the main menu. The card will have this info on. A previous Code event is here: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/pokemon/electabuzz_magmar_distribution/

I'm pretty sure, as of Gen 6, if an attack is used to defeat all remaining Pokémon at the same time, then whoever's Pokémon faints last wins the battle.

Actually, in Single player, you loose if you don't have a Pokémon to swap in afterwards.

If you're playing with Self-KO clause on, The player automatically loses if his last Pokémon uses Selfdestruct or Explosion. Destiny Bond and Perish Song also fail when used by the last Pokémon.

Last edited:

Falk

Is it possible to use both destiny knot and a power item when breeding for IVs? Would both items' effect still be active? I got one wiht 4IV and I'd like to breed for the 5th one, but I'm a bit unsure on how to progress from here. (From 4 to 5 with the items)