• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok two questions

One, if I buy a Nintendo card so I can use it to get pokemon bank does that money ever expired? I want to buy a 20 dollar one so I can have money for bank for a few years. I don't want to buy one so later I find out it expires and I lose some of that money on the card,

Second when I use bank, does it have to be attached to one wifi spot or, could does it not matter and I can use it as long as I have wifi?

If you buy a card, will it expire? Yes, but no date is known.
Will the Money on my 3DS expire? Yes, When the 3DS eShop closes, assuming you don't link your Nintendo Network Id to a later console. This date will most likely be in over 10 years time. Nintendo's Wii Shop, DSi's Shop and Sony's PSP Store hasn't shut yet, despite being nearly 10 years old.

You need to be connected to a Wifi spot, it does not matter which one, only if that is compatible with a 3DS.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I finally bred a timid 5v Zoroark F (defense is sub31). I did come across a 2iv safari eevee DF/SPA a and got a male HP/DF/SPA zoroark with the 5iv female. just what would I need to get that final 6th IV? im thinking everstone for female nature and continue destiny knot on the male is the best choice to get it. am I correct? I know the male for the 6 iv push is sub par and missing 2 ivs but I could always swap it out when I get the better iv spread. are the current statistical chances worse than pure luck at this point with the 3iv male?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ummmm, i am new to competitive battling, soooo

How do you battle with people (do you need their FC's or there is 6 on 6 battle spot)?
Do you need to be friends?

Also, how can i be online at the same time to unlock the 3rd pokemon in Freind Safari's i got from serebii if i live in a different time zone???

You don't need anyone's Friend Code to battle online or 6v6. There are two ways to battle on your 3DS: via the Battle Spot and via PSS. On the Battle Spot, you can only do 3v3 Singles and 4v4 Doubles instead of 6v6. In PSS, you can do 6v6 battles. There are some differences between these two battle systems. On Battle Spot, there are Free Battles and Rating Battles. Free Battles will pair you with someone and there are NO rules about which Pokemon you can bring - i.e., someone can have a team of legendaries. However, the rules still stand that you can't have duplicate Pokemon or items. In Rating Battles, most legends are banned, but some, such as the legendary dogs, birds, and Latis, are not. In Rating Battles, you will start with a rank of 1500 and your ranking will rise or fall based on how many battles you win and lose. You will be paired with people on the same battling skill level as you for the most part.

On PSS, you don't need to have Friends to battle. You can battle any Passerby that you want who is online. Just challenge them to a battle, and if they respond, it will be 6v6. However, there are, again, NO rules on PSS battles - you can have duplicate Pokemon and items, and legends are allowed. If you want battles on PSS, it's a good idea to change your Shout-Out to the type of battle that you want. So if you want to battle mainly 6v6 Singles in OU, then change it to "OU 6v6?" or something. Mine is usually just "6v6 me!" and I get plenty of battle requests from people who play fair. It's very rare to get a person with a team of 6 Arceuses or something. You can either wait for people to challenge you, or you can challenge people yourself.

As for unlocking the Friend Safari Pokemon, your friend has to have beaten the Elite Four and you have to be online at the same time as that person. If you live in different time zones, you just have to work something out with that person.

I finally bred a timid 5v Zoroark F (defense is sub31). I did come across a 2iv safari eevee DF/SPA a and got a male HP/DF/SPA zoroark with the 5iv female. just what would I need to get that final 6th IV? im thinking everstone for female nature and continue destiny knot on the male is the best choice to get it. am I correct? I know the male for the 6 iv push is sub par and missing 2 ivs but I could always swap it out when I get the better iv spread. are the current statistical chances worse than pure luck at this point with the 3iv male?

Getting a 5IV Pokemon can be done by breeding, but getting a 6IV Pokemon is luck-based. To get a 6IV Pokemon, breed a 5IV Pokemon and put it in the DayCare with a 6IV Pokemon. If you don't have a 6IV breeding partner, then it's best to use another 5IV Pokemon. The 6th 31 IV isn't passed down through breeding; it's just luck to get the 31 instead of any other number.

The chances of you getting a 6IV Zorua from a 5IV and 3IV offspring are .32%. You'll likely have to hatch close to 600 eggs before you get a 6IV offspring with those parents. However, if you keep swapping out the male until you have one with 5IVs and use two 5IV parents, you'll have a 1.04% chance of getting a 6IV offspring, which means you'll only have to hatch around 100 eggs to get one with 6IVs. All that the Everstone does is pass down nature, and it doesn't matter which parent you give the Destiny Knot to - the results will be the same.

It's my birthday today, and I got the little celebratory things happening in the Pokemon center, but I haven't gotten the special PokePuffs. Is there something I need to do in order to get them?
t

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Is there a list of stuff you get from each town? Not at the stores, just from people.

Example
You get three items from city A from these people in these places

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
So I just got the code for the shiny gengar today. I got 2 games so i got 2 codes and when i put em in they both resulted in it saying "the gift has already been received" this is the first time i ever put in these codes in those games (or in any other games. They were unused) and i have about 16 open wondercard slots. This happening to anyone else?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Is there a list of stuff you get from each town? Not at the stores, just from people.

Example
You get three items from city A from these people in these places

Go to pokeearth on the main site. Won't specify, I believe, but it'll tell you what items you can get, and where.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I recently wonder traded most o my 2-3 iv Zoroa and got a meadow Vivillion in return. I made a trade with the player that sent a Spewpa to me and I got a Boldore in return for my polar pattern Vivillion. that Boldore evolved and I only got around to looking at the pokemon that got wonder traded. the Boldore and a Liepard were the only ones worth mentioning. I just noticed that I got a now Gigalith with pokerus for my traded polar vivillion. I haven't taken out the Gigalith yet as ive never had a pkmn with pokerus. I presume you keep it in the box until you have a pkmn you want to pass it on to. im thinking of passing it onto an extra pkmn that I wont use very often and only to keep passing on the pokerus after the Gigalith loses loses pokerus. my question is how fast/slow does a pkmn catch pokerus?

TheEliteEmpoleon

It doesn't take long for the pokérus to spread through your pokémon. Just a few minutes, max. You are correct about keeping it in the box to preserve the virus.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I had an eevee with wish.
I put it in the daycare, then it came out without wish.

You should probably put this in question form. But to answer what I believe the question to be:
A pokemon will learn whatever it would as it levels up whilst in the Day Care. In other words it unlearning Wish is just standard fare.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It doesn't take long for the pokérus to spread through your pokémon. Just a few minutes, max. You are correct about keeping it in the box to preserve the virus.

thank you very much. i'll finally be able to level up some pkmn for the pokedex while keeping them useful ie EV training. I have a few that are anywhere from 1st level to last level in evolution that I do plan on Ev training before getting them to evolve.

from what I heard, it'd be 3-5 days for the virus to be immune if left out in the party?

Last edited:

ryuuchan

Hi everyone. . . This is my first post. Sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong section or anything.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on if Pokemon Global Link is working right now. I tried signing up for it online yesterday (I know, I'm a little late to the party--I got Y last year when it was released but my 3DS and all my games were stolen :( I recently got a 2DS and X), but I keep getting this message when I try to sign in:
Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

I sent a message to their support email address, and no one has helped me. I sent in a support ticket on the PGL website as well; doesn't seem like anyone has looked at it. I even tried calling Nintendo. They gave me the runaround and basically told me they weren't able to help or give me any information. I also tried making different accounts on different devices and wifi networks so it seems to be a problem with their website rather than on my end.

So my question is: does anybody have any idea what's going on? From the look of the website, it seems like PGL is up and running. Is it possible they aren't accepting any new sign-ups until Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby are released next month? I really want to make sure that I am able to access PGL when I get the new game next month.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi everyone. . . This is my first post. Sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong section or anything.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on if Pokemon Global Link to sign in:

1. My experience is that customer support usually responds within 48 hours.
2. Try clearing your browser cookies and cache
3. I could not sign up for something on one of the Pokemon or Nintendo websites in Firefox.
It worked just fine in Chrome. Try a different browser.

ryuuchan

1. My experience is that customer support usually responds within 48 hours.
2. Try clearing your browser cookies and cache
3. I could not sign up for something on one of the Pokemon or Nintendo websites in Firefox.
It worked just fine in Chrome. Try a different browser.

Hmmmm. . It still doesn't seem to want to work for me. Maybe I just have bad luck, haha. Thanks for the help though!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Are there any other ways to gain experience to level up my Pokes some more after the hall of fame OTHER THAN battling Serena each day and/or challanging the elite four over and over? or are those the only 2 ways?

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Are there any other ways to gain experience to level up my Pokes some more after the hall of fame OTHER THAN battling Serena each day and/or challanging the elite four over and over? or are those the only 2 ways?

You can go to the battle chat or to Le WoW the restaurant. I recommend Le WoW though because the entire thing being scripted makes it so you get the boost from the EXP O-Power throughout all the battles.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
You can go to the battle chat or to Le WoW the restaurant. I recommend Le WoW though because the entire thing being scripted makes it so you get the boost from the EXP O-Power throughout all the battles.

Restaurant Le Wow is easily the best way to gain experience quickly. Be sure to give all of your Pokemon a Lucky Egg AND use the Level 3 Exp O-Power. A battle at Restaurant Le Wow costs $90,000. If you want to get all of that money back, give a Pokemon you are not training an Amulet Coin or a Luck Incense. At the end of the battles, you will be given around 20 Balm Mushrooms. The Amulet Coin + selling the Balm Mushrooms should earn you all of your money back, if not more.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
out of curiousity, do most people here have a pokerus infected pkmn? im sure quite a few do have some given the game has been out or atleast a year.

as for that ralts, café solieil south boulevard after elite 4 beaten. its the red exterior façade café across the street to left (or right) of pkmn center

Last edited: