• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I can't connect to PSS in Y version for some reason...Worked fine one hiour prior though...Are they doing maintenance or something?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'm confused about all the code distributions being mentioned on the main site...are they just various ways to obtain codes for same demo? If so, kinda confused why if it's as simple as making a Trainer Club account and automatically getting a demo code.

If not, are the demos gonna be different depending on how/where you get them?

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'm confused about all the code distributions being mentioned on the main site...are they just various ways to obtain codes for same demo? If so, kinda confused why if it's as simple as making a Trainer Club account and automatically getting a demo code.

If not, are the demos gonna be different depending on how/where you get them?

Yes, they're all for the same demo. One of the purposes of the demo is to spread awareness of the games, like food sampling at the supermarket, so that you buy the product. That's why the codes are being given away in so many places. The ones being distributed through the newsletter are more of a treat to the more active fans of the games. And the only differences in the demo based on where you got the code are Mega Steelix in the Japanese version, and Mega Glalie everywhere else. If you still have questions, theres an actual thread for the demo in the ORAS section.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
thx, i didn't realize there was another section being that used to gen 6 jusst being x/y

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Why isn't amauras hidden ability available? That's a bit weird. Are there others like this? Why?

Gerry

Advanced Trainer
Just started playing again and don't know my Friend Safari Pokemon. If someone could add me and let me know, that'd be greatly appreciated. Please PM me to get my attention. Thank you in advance

TheEliteEmpoleon

Why isn't amauras hidden ability available? That's a bit weird. Are there others like this? Why?

It is unavailable, and so are a few others, because they weren't around for the Dream World, and aren't in any Friend Safaris. They aren't available because they don't have a means of existence yet.

Just started playing again and don't know my Friend Safari Pokemon. If someone could add me and let me know, that'd be greatly appreciated. Please PM me to get my attention. Thank you in advance

We have a thread for Friend Safaris here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?620927-Friend-Safari-Thread-V2-*READ-THE-RULES-OR-DIE!*

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

From what I remember, besides many of the newer Pokemon, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and the Johto/Unova starters all are unavailable.

As to why, who can say but GF? But it's about time some of them are distributed, as in cases like Zapdos having a HA change, it's pointless, because it's not even available anyway.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
what qualifies for rejects to WT when you breed for 5-6iv pkmn? so far I have released any 1 iv offspring and wonder traded any +2iv offspring iv come along. are there any sort of limits on things ppl WT to clear the boxes during 5iv breeding?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
what qualifies for rejects to WT when you breed for 5-6iv pkmn? so far I have released any 1 iv offspring and wonder traded any +2iv offspring iv come along. are there any sort of limits on things ppl WT to clear the boxes during 5iv breeding?

People Wonder Trade whatever they want, or perhaps more accurately, whatever they don't want.

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Where's the guy who trades you magikarp for your gyarados? I can't find him in any hotel. I don't know what to do

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Where's the guy who trades you magikarp for your gyarados? I can't find him in any hotel. I don't know what to do

Have you checked all in one day? Once you finally find him, you have to keep finding him for a few days before he'll trade.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
People Wonder Trade whatever they want, or perhaps more accurately, whatever they don't want.

true enough but there's atleast 100 eggs in the whole process minimum. do they release the majority or trade them all?

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
true enough but there's atleast 100 eggs in the whole process minimum. do they release the majority or trade them all?
It depends on how much you like to Wonder Trade.

I don't have the time or patience and have released perfectly good IV Pokémon just because I have so darn many from specific breeding. I got to the point with my Chansey where I immediately released any that had Serene Grace without checking IV's. I still have about 20 for trade.

Other people just love to Wonder Trade and will trade off every last one of their rejects to see what they get.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It depends on how much you like to Wonder Trade.

I don't have the time or patience and have released perfectly good IV Pokémon just because I have so darn many from specific breeding. I got to the point with my Chansey where I immediately released any that had Serene Grace without checking IV's. I still have about 20 for trade.

Other people just love to Wonder Trade and will trade off every last one of their rejects to see what they get.

ty for the reply pokefan, I don't wonder trade too often but I also don't have the time to WT 100 pkmn either. my zoroark series didn't leave too many +2ivs until I got a 5iv one. I did keep 1 of each combo and trade off duplicates to cut down on clutter. my 5iv jolly charmander is going slower than I expected so its producing a good number of 2ivs and numerous 1ivs. I don't have pokebank just yet so WT is a way for me to clear the boxes abit and fill the pokedex. I guess +2iv minimum is a way for me to save time WT.

I don't often release WT returns for the IDs and some have even proved very useful to me but i'll have to soon prioritize some for space.

dragontamer-R

Hi

I got a question About the shiny Gengar event and later the diancie event.
A little time ago I read on this site that when you are in the Netherlands you can go to Bart Smit of Intertoys for this event
However this post has been changed and richt now I can't find how to get those event pokemon when I'm in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advantage

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi

I got a question About the shiny Gengar event and later the diancie event.
A little time ago I read on this site that when you are in the Netherlands you can go to Bart Smit of Intertoys for this event
However this post has been changed and richt now I can't find how to get those event pokemon when I'm in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advantage

You find it here. http://www.serebii.net/events/2014.shtml

You have to scroll past the US and Japan events.

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Ok just gonna ask this again since I didn't get an answer

I looked in all the hotels (yes in one day :|) and never saw the hiker guy I trade my gyarados for his magikarp for. I know what to do, but I have to find the guy first.

I don't know if you have to do something to activate it or not.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Ok just gonna ask this again since I didn't get an answer

I looked in all the hotels (yes in one day :|) and never saw the hiker guy I trade my gyarados for his magikarp for. I know what to do, but I have to find the guy first.

I don't know if you have to do something to activate it or not.

The Main site says you have to talk to him several days.
I only found 1 hiker in the hotels. He said something about Kalos being not bad.

So I suspect that's the one and what he tells you changes a little with each visit kind of like the Backpacker that gives you the strange souvenir.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
it took around 6 days of convo for the lady in the hotel to trade her eevee to me so it should be the same for that magikarp.