• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Tried it. No work. Also, I got that in X/Y, I don't have Omega/Alpha yet. But I know there's an event that is triggered similarily with Diancie in X/Y, so I wonder why's not triggered.

I got it at lv.62, fateful encounter, Pokémon Movie 14. If that says anything.

In case it is hacked, would one of you trade me a legit one? Thanks.

I think the Diancie event in X/Y is only if you got it through the code (Got it through the event npc).
For the event in ORAS you have to get it from an X/Y game.

At least thats what I understand from what I've read in the official statements.

Also, the event in X/Y doesn't do anything, its the one in ORAS that gets you the Mega Stone.

Was it not possible to datamine certain things for X and Y? Besides Diancie, have the other two event Pokemon Hoopa and Volcanion been released? Were they not common knowledge until recently?

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Tried it. No work. Also, I got that in X/Y, I don't have Omega/Alpha yet. But I know there's an event that is triggered similarily with Diancie in X/Y, so I wonder why's not triggered.

I got it at lv.62, fateful encounter, Pokémon Movie 14. If that says anything.

In case it is hacked, would one of you trade me a legit one? Thanks.

Yeah, it isn't legit. Hacked ones won't ever trigger the event. I'd know, I ended up triggering the event after getting the Gamestop Diancie.

Don't have a legit one, sorry :/

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Yeah, it isn't legit. I have a hacked one myself, so I know that for sure. I ended up getting the Gamestop Diancie and that triggered the event.

I'd trade you mine if it were legit. Sorry :/

I have several legendaries and a shiny(all legit) that I can trade though, if interested. For an English Diancie, of course. Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to the store that gave codes for Diancie to go pick up one.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Was it not possible to datamine certain things for X and Y? Besides Diancie, have the other two event Pokemon Hoopa and Volcanion been released? Were they not common knowledge until recently?

Hoopa and Volcanion haven't been officially revealed yet, much less released.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I got two Diancie codes hoping to give the other one to my friend, but he never responded. It's clearly way past the 11/16 deadline on the card, but is that for when Gamestops stopped giving away the event cards, or when the Diancie event ended? If the former, would the game let me use the other code even if I've already used the first one?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I got two Diancie codes hoping to give the other one to my friend, but he never responded. It's clearly way past the 11/16 deadline on the card, but is that for when Gamestops stopped giving away the event cards, or when the Diancie event ended? If the former, would the game let me use the other code even if I've already used the first one?

You can still use the second code, I believe. Why don't you give it a try so to be sure?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
You can still use the second code, I believe. Why don't you give it a try so to be sure?

Okay, I did try it, but it said I already have the event. Could anyone do it for me?

PS does this mean the code is now useless? Or can I use it again until I finally redeem it on a copy that has yet to obtain the event Diancie?

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Okay, I did try it, but it said I already have the event. Could anyone do it for me?

PS does this mean the code is now useless? Or can I use it again until I finally redeem it on a copy that has yet to obtain the event Diancie?

Far as I know its one code per game. I got multiple codes myself and was only able to redeem 1 in my game while the rest got the same message you did (The shiny Gengar event did the same thing). Yet I was able to give the code to my friend a few days ago to redeem it in his new game (x/y).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is it possible to breed a hidden ability if the parents don't have it? im MM breeding a flash fire Vulpix for shiny and id like to know if drought is another bonus that I can get.

KillerDraco

is it possible to breed a hidden ability if the parents don't have it? im MM breeding a flash fire Vulpix for shiny and id like to know if drought is another bonus that I can get.

No. One of the parents HAS to have the HA, or the offspring can never have it. Do note that this does not include Ditto; if you're breeding, oh say, a Vulpix with the Ditto, Ditto's ability has no bearing on inheritance; the Vulpix would have to have Drought or the offspring can never have it. If you're breeding with a Ditto, then the Vulpix can be either Male or Female. However if you're breeding with two Vulpix, the female has to have it for inheritance of the HA to occur.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No. One of the parents HAS to have the HA, or the offspring can never have it. Do note that this does not include Ditto; if you're breeding, oh say, a Vulpix with the Ditto, Ditto's ability has no bearing on inheritance; the Vulpix would have to have Drought or the offspring can never have it. If you're breeding with a Ditto, then the Vulpix can be either Male or Female. However if you're breeding with two Vulpix, the female has to have it for inheritance of the HA to occur.

ty very much KillerDraco, i'll have to settle for a high iv shiny vulpix fir the time being.

Cuiv

One Day More
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but anyway... Inver and the Lottery Corner seem to have stopped resetting day by day for me on Pokemon X. I haven't tested other day-by-day events, but the timer within the game seems to be progressing just fine. It had been about four days since I'd opened X, and I opened the game today and went to Inver, and he said we had battled already today, which is clearly wrong. I have also been playing Pokemon Y on the same 3DS, but I restarted recently and hadn't even gotten to Route 18 yet, so it shouldn't be a matter of battling him the same day on a different game on the same device. I also just tested after midnight, and it still says (at 00:01) that I have battled him today. Any ideas what might be the trouble?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but anyway... Inver and the Lottery Corner seem to have stopped resetting day by day for me on Pokemon X. I haven't tested other day-by-day events, but the timer within the game seems to be progressing just fine. It had been about four days since I'd opened X, and I opened the game today and went to Inver, and he said we had battled already today, which is clearly wrong. I have also been playing Pokemon Y on the same 3DS, but I restarted recently and hadn't even gotten to Route 18 yet, so it shouldn't be a matter of battling him the same day on a different game on the same device. I also just tested after midnight, and it still says (at 00:01) that I have battled him today. Any ideas what might be the trouble?

at any point did you change the timer/date on the 3DS setting itself. I ran into those issues a lot when I cheated to catch those gym leader rematch time slots in HG. it takes a few days for the game to go back to what it should be. its best to set the time and date on the 3ds only 1 time (or for time corrections DST HRS.)

resetting Y might have changed the time setting but the issue is mostly due to a recent time date setting.

Cuiv

One Day More
at any point did you change the timer/date on the 3DS setting itself. I ran into those issues a lot when I cheated to catch those gym leader rematch time slots in HG. it takes a few days for the game to go back to what it should be. its best to set the time and date on the 3ds only 1 time (or for time corrections DST HRS.)

resetting Y might have changed the time setting but the issue is mostly due to a recent time date setting.

Thanks--I didn't reset the time at all. I realize that I did play X on a new 2DS that had to have the time set, however, so maybe that's what caused it. If so, do you know how long it should take for it to be back to normal? That was about five days ago now.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thanks--I didn't reset the time at all. I realize that I did play X on a new 2DS that had to have the time set, however, so maybe that's what caused it. If so, do you know how long it should take for it to be back to normal? That was about five days ago now.

NP Cuiv, I don't recall how long but it took some time. it messed up my pkmn safari timer badly for a week but it did get back inline with patience.