• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
If you breed any breedable Pokémon that has a Luxuary Ball (say Togetic or Togekiss) and the hatchling (Togepi) is in a Luxuary Ball, does it have the same effects like it's mother had when caught with said Ball?

Moderators: If this not the right forum for the question, then please relocate this topic in the right one.

It's more of a consequence of the Togepi being in a Luxury Ball than the Togepi being hatched from a mother that is in a Luxury Ball and inherited it. Since a Luxury Ball is expected to increase all friendship-increasing activities or events in-game, then your Togepi will receive the same effects.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
thinking about restarting my X cartridge to get a good IV legendary. If i reset the game will I lose all of my hidden ability pokemon from my 3DS friends or will they reappear in my new friend safari on my new X game file? I'm assuming I will at least have all the same friend safaris as before but maybe it won't recognize that I've seen them online before. Thanks in advance

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
thinking about restarting my X cartridge to get a good IV legendary. If i reset the game will I lose all of my hidden ability pokemon from my 3DS friends or will they reappear in my new friend safari on my new X game file? I'm assuming I will at least have all the same friend safaris as before but maybe it won't recognize that I've seen them online before. Thanks in advance

Your latter guess is correct: you'll still have the Safaris, but not the third Pokémon nor HAs until you see the player online in-game.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

The Friend safari uses your 3DS Friend list. The Pokemon you get is set with the friend code. Some Pokémon won't appear until the other Person logs on at the same time as you and have also completed the Elite 4.

Nintendo543

I'm currently planning to breed a few Pokemon for the Battle Maison, but I don't know a good move-set/nature for some of them.

Does anyone know any good set-ups and natures for Milotic as well as Infernape? Iron Fist or Blaze for Infernape?

Shiny Espeon0429

Is the only way to remove EVs in Gen 6 EV removing berries and the bag you get randomly in Super Training? It just seems both methods are a huge pain in the rear to get a lot of (I have quite a few Pokemon from older gens with decent natures and IVs that I never trained properly)

KillerDraco

Is the only way to remove EVs in Gen 6 EV removing berries and the bag you get randomly in Super Training? It just seems both methods are a huge pain in the rear to get a lot of (I have quite a few Pokemon from older gens with decent natures and IVs that I never trained properly)

Yes.

Although the reset bag isn't too bad to get. If you have your Pokemon hit the bag without equipping a special bag, it'll yield a random bag. You can use this to speedup the rate of getting the bag.

shadowF

How can I get the Pokemon gym leaders to appear in the Battle Chateau? I am already a Marquis and have battled a couple trainers but I haven't had any gym leaders appear.

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
How can I get the Pokemon gym leaders to appear in the Battle Chateau? I am already a Marquis and have battled a couple trainers but I haven't had any gym leaders appear.

Gym Leaders can start appearing as trainers in the Battle Chateau once you've beaten their gym during the course of the story, but no trainer is guaranteed to appear at any particular time. The trainers do cycle randomly through the available pool, with one switching out for another every 6 minutes (less if you've issued certain Writs), so try checking back every so often.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

The Gym leaders show up at random. I found quite common to not see a Gymleader during my visit. Also as you step though any doors a new Trainer may be swapped in if you've been in there for over 6 minutes.

They won't appear in the Battle Chateaum until you've beaten them in their gyms.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there any trick to uploading battle videos from the VS recorder? i am online atm and i have already put 10 videos online. at the moment i dont see the upload button so i can add the 11th video. is there a limit to how many videos that can be uploaded at a time? something is telling me that i can probably only have 10 vids uploaded to the net at a time.

edit: yes, i dropped 1 video and was able to put up the new one without much issue.

Last edited:

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
*edit*

I did some mowing and i think I figured it out a better way to do it.

Chance of 3 perfect stats on a mewtwo = 1.0

chance of 4 perfect stats = 1.0 * (1/32)

chance of 5 perfect stats = 1.0 * (1/32)^2

chance of 5 perfect stats and the imperfect stat is the undesired stat = 1.0(1/32)^2 * 1/6

chance of 5 perfect stat, undesired stat is imperfect and desired nature 1.0(1/32)^2 * 1/6 (.5 +1/25)

(chance of perfect nature is actually greater than 50% because even if your synchronizer doesn't work it still has 1/25 chance to be desired nature anyway)

final calculation.

1.0(1/32)^2 * (1/6) (.5 +1/25) = .00008789 = .00879% chance to get a 5/6 IV desired nature Mewtwo

8.79 perfect mewtwos for every 100,000 resets or aproximately 1 perfect metwo for every 11,377 resets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is kind of a math question.

I'm resetting for a perfect 5/6 mewtwo and was wondering if someone could check my calculations for probability of a 5/6 mewtwo

since 3 stats are chosen perfect 31 and 5/6 stats are wanted perfect 31, the calculation would be like this

5/6 * 4/5 * 3/4

5/6 is the probablility that it will choose a desired stat. If that happens then it goes down to 4/5 stats left, then after that 3/4 stats left, assuming it never chooses the wrong stat

5/6 * 4/5 * 3/4 = .5 chance that it will choose all desired stats

then also

5/6 * 5/5 * 4/4

5/6 * 4/5 * 4/4

for both variants where it chooses the wrong stat on one of the chances

do I multiply all these together?

5/6 * 2/3 * 1/2 = 10/36 = 0.27777777 repeating chance that 3 stats will be chosen that are all desired. That seems like it should be right. Then the calculation would then go like this.

.277777 repeating chance times the chance that a remaining stat will be perfect which should be 1/32 since 0 is an included possibility. Then multiply again for the remaining 5th stat and the ignored stat is irrelevant since any variable is acceptable at this point.

so .277777777 * 1/32 * 1/32 = .000271267361

then the synchronizer is a .5 chance so

.00000271267361 * 1/2 = .0001356336805 chance of getting a perfect mewtwo 5/6 with nature.

so basically .0135% chance of getting a perfect 5/6 mewtwo.

However do I have to pay attention to the probability that it chooses the undesired stat but then the remaining 3 desired stats turn out 31 anyway? Would I just add those two together since they are separate branches of probability (like probability of a coin being heads OR tails would be added together for a total of 1)?

Sorry I took probability once but I wasn't that good at it I was better at calculus. Any insight appreciated!

*edit*

I think I see where I messed up, I combined the OR probability too early and need to treat them separately starting from the beginning then add them together at the end.

So I take the probability of choosing 3/5 stats perfect times (1/32)(1/32) PLUS probability that 2/5 stats perfect times (1/32)(1/32)(1/32)

for some reason I'm having trouble figuring out the probability that the undesired stat is chosen. Would it be 1/6 + 1/5 + 1/4 ? if so then .30833333 (1/32)^3

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Does the Miracle Seed boost the power of Leech Seed?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Does the Miracle Seed boost the power of Leech Seed?

No, It's a Status attack. The damage done is 1/8th of Total HP of the Targeted Pokémon. The only Held item affects Leach Seed is Big Root, which boost the amount of HP recovered.

ive played xy so many different times but this time im confused.

I finished going to lysandres lab and i thought i was supposed to go to geosenge town where the team flare guy usually stands but he isnt there?

LLR

Vivillon Trader
ive played xy so many different times but this time im confused.

I finished going to lysandres lab and i thought i was supposed to go to geosenge town where the team flare guy usually stands but he isnt there?
Is Route 10 blocked by Team Flare?
If not did you fight Xerosic or whatever his name is?

linksage04

Looking for a Wartortle friend safari! I have bug. PM me plz!

Is Route 10 blocked by Team Flare?
If not did you fight Xerosic or whatever his name is?

Oh thank you. I went back. Im so glad you said something haha. I thought my friend completed the whole scene because when i turned my 3ds back on i was out of there. I have to talk to him later ;3;

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive been planting a whole bunch of berries within the past week and id like to know exactly what sort of conditions the soil has that hinders the growth of the tree. does insuffcient water (ie 7+hrs between watering periods) both hinder growth and limit the berries harvested from the trees? do the weeds only slow down the growth of the plant while leaving the harvest unchanged? i know both conditions negatively affect the plant but id like to know the exact effects each condition has on the plant.