• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Quick question, if I've got a pair of Gardevoir's with Moonblast in the daycare, it won't be passed onto Ralts since Ralts doesn't learn it naturally, right?

Yes, Moonblast will not be passed down as it is not one of Ralts' level up or egg moves.

Bellsproutleaf

Bellsprout King
I wanna start my game over but i have pokemon i dont want to get rid of so i was wondering if i could transfer them to someones game then get them returned to me later. I didnt know where to ask this if it was supposed to go in trades.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I wanna start my game over but i have pokemon i dont want to get rid of so i was wondering if i could transfer them to someones game then get them returned to me later. I didnt know where to ask this if it was supposed to go in trades.

You could also download Pokémon Bank on your 3DS, put all of your important pokémon in it, and then restart your game without losing them or trusting them with somebody else.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

You could also download Pokémon Bank on your 3DS, put all of your important pokémon in it, and then restart your game without losing them or trusting them with somebody else.

Just to add that the Pokémon bank service lasts a year from when you pay the fee, and may be the only way to get Pokémon to Sun and Moon from X or Y.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Question: I have one enigma berry, and I've planted it and I've tried to grow trees, but whenever it's finished growing, it only has one berry. What gives?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Question: I have one enigma berry, and I've planted it and I've tried to grow trees, but whenever it's finished growing, it only has one berry. What gives?
Enigma Berries always been a pain to grow. But It's possible to get 5 Berries in one harvest.

First, Water it. Do it as often as you can. Regulary Check on it and remove the pests and weeds, which may appear every two hours.

ZPM

I just noticed that my Dratini that I caught on Route 21 is getting boosted exp despite not being traded, and I'm not sure if a bad glitch or a harmless one, as I caught the dratini fair and square (no hacks or cheats).

I have also noticed that when breeding for the earliest form of a Pokemon, the resulting offspring doesn't have the same gender as the parent or even the correct pokeball icon. For this, I have used a Ditto for all breeding.

Examples:
Parent: Lombre (great ball), male
Child: Lotad (pokeball), female

Parent: Watchdog (Great ball), female
Child: Partrat (Great ball), male

Can anybody help me?

KillerDraco

I just noticed that my Dratini that I caught on Route 21 is getting boosted exp despite not being traded, and I'm not sure if a bad glitch or a harmless one, as I caught the dratini fair and square (no hacks or cheats).

Have you played with it in Pokemon Amie? One of the bonuses is boosted EXP.

I have also noticed that when breeding for the earliest form of a Pokemon, the resulting offspring doesn't have the same gender as the parent or even the correct pokeball icon. For this, I have used a Ditto for all breeding.

Examples:
Parent: Lombre (great ball), male
Child: Lotad (pokeball), female

Parent: Watchdog (Great ball), female
Child: Partrat (Great ball), male

Can anybody help me?

Gender is not inherited, it's random based on a Pokemon's gender ratio. Pokeball inheritance is set to inherit the Pokeball of the non-Ditto Female parent.

TheEliteEmpoleon

No, I went out of my way in the game to avoid those things.

Could this be a serious glitch, or something not to really worry about?

Honestly if you caught it and you know it's a legit pokémon I wouldn't worry, especially given that it was a beneficial event. I would bet on it not even being a glitch and just something we al overlooked.

Aquarelle

Staff member
No, I went out of my way in the game to avoid those things.

Could this be a serious glitch, or something not to really worry about?
You said you caught your Dratini on Route 21, so I'm assuming it was caught at level 40, right?

In Gen VI, unevolved Pokemon will get boosted exp. when they pass the level they were supposed to evolve at:
If your Pokémon evolves by level and you've reached that particular level, it will start to gain boosted experience points from the battle. This will last until you evolve it.
So, it seems like you're getting the exp. boost as your Dratini has met the level requirement to evolve into Dragonair by now.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I'm wondering about something that happened quite a while ago. This was when I had the free trial for Pokemon Bank. I have not yet renewed it, so I do not know if this was fixed at all. Back when I had the free trial, there was one Pokemon I didn't understand why it couldn't go through. It was a Porygon2 that I bred and evolved myself in Diamond and Pearl (Not sure which one bred it but I think it was traded to the other to evolve.) It had legit moves, legit ability, etc. I couldn't figure out why it was rejected. If it matters at all, it was nicknamed Ditto Jr. (In all caps) because I was really bad at nicknaming back then and Ditto was used to breed it. Does anyone know what might have happened back then?

ElRojo

So how do I get a Charmander with Dragon Dance? Just put Charmander together with Ditto in the day care and keep breeding Charmanders?
Just started again with Pokemon and it's all new to me, last game I played serious was Emerald so could use some help :D (already finished the game btw)

LLR

Vivillon Trader
So how do I get a Charmander with Dragon Dance? Just put Charmander together with Ditto in the day care and keep breeding Charmanders?
Just started again with Pokemon and it's all new to me, last game I played serious was Emerald so could use some help :D (already finished the game btw)

Dragon Dance is a TM that Charmander learns.
You can get the TM and just teach it.
TM's are now use as many times as you want.

Or
You can level up one of the male Pokémon.com found under Dragon Dance until they learn it . Then put it and Charmander into Daycare.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/004.shtml#dragondance

Edit:

Ooops!
My bad...no TM for Dragon Dance.

You'll have to level up someone.

Last edited:

Sprat1993

Just a quick question...

How can i breed and 100% guarantee a Nidoran male. want to shiny hunt for one using the Mesuda Method but im breeding a nidoking and hatching nidoran male and females?

is it possible or will I have to settle for both male and female?

thanks

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Just a quick question...

How can i breed and 100% guarantee a Nidoran male. want to shiny hunt for one using the Mesuda Method but im breeding a nidoking and hatching nidoran male and females?

is it possible or will I have to settle for both male and female?

thanks

You are sadly going to have to settle for both male and female, discounting Pokemon with fixed genders there is no way of guaranteeing the gender of a Pokemon that will hatch from an egg.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Have anyone trying to get Jaboca Berry? I am trying to get it but keep wasting Poke Miles. It is hard to get Jaboca Berry?

Earendil

I have a bit of an interesting breeding question.

I currently have 2 Snorlax set up in the daycare. They are themselves the products of separate, very lengthy breeding projects.

One is an Adamant male, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0. It has a Destiny Knot attached.

The second is a random-natured female, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/X. It knows Self-Destruct, and has a Full Incense attached.

My question is as follows: is it possible for these 2 Pokemon to produce an egg with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0? I would ideally like to replace the female with a Pokemon possessing that IV spread. I know the Destiny Knot passes along 5 IVs, but is there any way to control the 6th IV?