• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

misunderstoodhero

This question may be a little unusual and different from the others, but hey ho.
I'm starting up a blog on games design and as part of my analysis on the Pokemon series, I'm trying to find an interview / quote in which the developers (I think it was Masuda) mention they intentionally made the start of this X and Y (Getting your starter, catching first Pokemon, battling the first Gym Leader) a lot faster then in previous games. Being able to reference this quote would really help the point I'm trying to make. If anybody could link me the interview(s) where this was said that would be greatly apreciated.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
what is the best nature and preferred ev's for a torterra

As I always say to this question. It depends on the Moveset and Role you intend for the intended Pokémon take within a team. It would really help us to know what you're planning to use it for.

Since Serebii didn't cover it during Gen 6 PotW, it did get covered on Smogon. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/torterra/

Hi, I am need of a speed boost venipede, whirlipede or scolipede but I CAN only get One through a friend Safari poison apparently. However, I don't HAVE One. So, If anyone has one of these With speed boost or a friend Safari poison, please give me your friend code. Mine is: 5043-2579-7856

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Hi, I am need of a speed boost venipede, whirlipede or scolipede but I CAN only get One through a friend Safari poison apparently. However, I don't HAVE One. So, If anyone has one of these With speed boost or a friend Safari poison, please give me your friend code. Mine is: 5043-2579-7856

You will likely have better luck finding someone with your desired Friend Safari here.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
You will likely have better luck finding someone with your desired Friend Safari here.

or by trading directly for a Venipede here

How long does it take to find a Shiny stone in Poke Pelago?I'm waiting for my pokemon to return from the cave.I really want to evolve my Togetic.

This is the X and Y help thread, but to answer your question, it will take at least one round of your pokemon cave exploring (12-24 hours depending on berry use). What they find is completely random so it will likely take more than one attempt.

Last edited:

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Can anyone confirm if you restart an XY game, do you still have access to the Safari pokemon you had before when you reach post-game?

When you add a new friend, you have to meet them online to unlock the 3rd slot and HAs. But if you unlocked it during one playthrough and then start a new file, do you still have to encounter that same friend again to find HAs?
(That was clear in my mind, turned out to be surprisingly difficult to write down :eek: )

BCVM22

That's correct - Hidden Abilities appearing in the Friend Safari are contingent upon you and the friend having been online at the same time. The third slot is dependent upon the friend beating the Elite Four.

If you start a new game file, any Safaris you managed to upgrade via those means all go out the window.

EeveeSkitty

Pokemon.
Hello, I recently sold my copy of Pokemon Black with my pokemon on it dating back to Leafgreen, foolishly thinking I didn't need them anymore, but I feel regretful and want to get them back
I could ask for the buyer to return the game itself, but is there any easier way? Is it possible for them to login to my Pokemon bank and use Poketransporter to transfer the Pokemon themselves to my account, and for me to use my pokemon x game to withdraw them from pokemon bank? Thanks for the help

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello, I recently sold my copy of Pokemon Black with my pokemon on it dating back to Leafgreen, foolishly thinking I didn't need them anymore, but I feel regretful and want to get them back
I could ask for the buyer to return the game itself, but is there any easier way? Is it possible for them to login to my Pokemon bank and use Poketransporter to transfer the Pokemon themselves to my account, and for me to use my pokemon x game to withdraw them from pokemon bank? Thanks for the help

Saldy without letting them have your 3DS, no. The NNID/Bank accounts are tied to the system and the only way you can transfer to another 3DS, involves a Transfer which requires both 3DSes next to each other.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
its been a while since i posted in gen 6 area, im looking to bring over a Frisk Furret to gen7. its not the best pkmn but i like the design. the problem is i only have 1 frisk furret and its hacked loveball 6IV..... can i catch a HA sentret in gen6 or will i need acces to a person who has a legit frisk furret or previous gen game?

could i also just breed it with another pkmn to pass down the love ball and get a female with no 31 IV points and have it pass the anti hacking measures in the new PKbank update?

Last edited:

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
I'm trying to collect Rotoms in different balls to breed in 7th gen and I was wondering if you can only get one Rotom (via Lost Hotel trash can) per week - or, more accurately, if each trash can produces only one pokemon a day. I got a Rotom last Tuesday and exited the hotel and went back a few times and none of the trash cans would produce any more pokemon.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I'm trying to collect Rotoms in different balls to breed in 7th gen and I was wondering if you can only get one Rotom (via Lost Hotel trash can) per week - or, more accurately, if each trash can produces only one pokemon a day. I got a Rotom last Tuesday and exited the hotel and went back a few times and none of the trash cans would produce any more pokemon.

its only on tuesday it shows up ^_^ hope that helps just checked the link for x and y 6th gen page ;)

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/479.shtml

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thanks but I already knew they're only on Tuesdays. My question was if you can get more than one every Tuesday because I don't want to wait another 3 weeks to get all the ones I want :p

looked around seems like you can only get one per tuesday just looked at some questions around gamefaqs and people say only one trash can shakes :/

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
looked around seems like you can only get one per tuesday just looked at some questions around gamefaqs and people say only one trash can shakes :/

Oh D: okay then... at least I didn't waste a lot of time checking back over and over :p thanks for helping!