• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
A good trick is to pick a location with direct access to a good number of routes. That way you can reset in that location until it flies to one of said routes.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Is there a reason why I keep getting the same fixed Bulbasaur through breeding? I'm trying to breed an HA, but not only am I not getting the HA, but I'm getting the same stats, nature, and characteristic. I saved before I gave the parents to the Day Care and keep resetting to that point every time, so its attributes shouldn't be fixed, but I've tried this about 4 or 5 times and I still get the same results. Here's the parents and the child I keep getting:

Species: Venusaur
Level: 34
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Stats: 105/66/71/68/80/75
OT: Mine
Held Item: None

Species: Ditto
Level: 52
Ability: Impostor
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Stats: 128/71/57/71/77/58
Held Item: Quick Powder

Species: Bulbasaur
Level: 1
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Stats: 12/6/6/6/6/4

This is baffling me to no end. Is it the Quick Powder? Are XY's eggs all fixed before you even breed them? Why do I keep getting the exact same Bulbasaur every time?

Joycap

The Smogonites' personal George Orwell
Is there a reason why I keep getting the same fixed Bulbasaur through breeding? I'm trying to breed an HA, but not only am I not getting the HA, but I'm getting the same stats, nature, and characteristic. I saved before I gave the parents to the Day Care and keep resetting to that point every time, so its attributes shouldn't be fixed, but I've tried this about 4 or 5 times and I still get the same results. Here's the parents and the child I keep getting:

Species: Venusaur
Level: 34
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Stats: 105/66/71/68/80/75

Species: Ditto
Level: 52
Ability: Impostor
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Stats: 128/71/57/71/77/58
Held Item: Quick Powder

Species: Bulbasaur
Level: 1
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Stats: 12/6/6/6/6/4

This is baffling me to no end. Is it the Quick Powder? Are XY's eggs all fixed before you even breed them? Why do I keep getting the exact same Bulbasaur every time?

Have you checked the IV judge in Kiloude City?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, but that's beside the point. Everything else is the same, why would it matter if the IVs are the same?

It's unfortunately a RNG issue that's very common. Sometimes you keep getting lvl1 duplicates and no IV combo from both parents. Sometimes you get lucky and get the desired results faster.

You might want to add destiny knot to ditto and an everstone to bulbasaur providing it's the desired nature. Destiny know males IV inheritance easier. Without destiny knot hits more RNG for I've.

My work schedule is a bit complicated but I do have spare nest ball ha female bulbasaur stored away for a fair amount of time.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's unfortunately a RNG issue that's very common. Sometimes you keep getting lvl1 duplicates and no IV combo from both parents. Sometimes you get lucky and get the desired results faster.

You might want to add destiny knot to ditto and an everstone to bulbasaur providing it's the desired nature. Destiny know males IV inheritance easier. Without destiny knot hits more RNG for I've.

My work schedule is a bit complicated but I do have spare nest ball ha female bulbasaur stored away for a fair amount of time.

It's the HA I want to pass down, I don't care about anything else.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's the HA I want to pass down, I don't care about anything else.

I'm currently in my free time, if you want a HA female bulbasaur feel free to ask. I'm not picky on what I get in return.

You will still get a HA passed down but it's only 10% chance with males. The specifics if the eggs are determined when you accept them, saving the game makes it permanent. Shutting the game without saving resets it.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You will still get a HA passed down but it's only 10% chance with males. The specifics if the eggs are determined when you accept them, saving the game makes it permanent. Shutting the game without saving resets it.

That's the problem though, I saved and reset to before I even leave the parents at the Day Care, I did not save after accepting the egg. Yet I'm still getting the same fixed attributes every time, the same nature, the same ability, the same characteristic, and the same stats. I've tried about 4 or 5 times and I get the same thing every time. That shouldn't be happening.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
That's the problem though, I saved and reset to before I even leave the parents at the Day Care, I did not save after accepting the egg. Yet I'm still getting the same fixed attributes every time, the same nature, the same ability, the same characteristic, and the same stats. I've tried about 4 or 5 times and I get the same thing every time. That shouldn't be happening.

Are you only accepting the first few eggs before soft resetting or accepting many eggs during every "session"? Normally the nature doesn't stay constant without ever stone so you should be getting more variations. If all say 20 eggs are the same attributes then it might just be a case of horrid RNG. The item on ditto shouldn't affect the outcome. There were times 60 eggs in I had no HA transferred with a male HA parent. You should be able to get HA transferred under normal circumstances, you might need a prayer to snom or arceus.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Are you only accepting the first few eggs before soft resetting or accepting many eggs during every "session"? Normally the nature doesn't stay constant without ever stone so you should be getting more variations. If all say 20 eggs are the same attributes then it might just be a case of horrid RNG. The item on ditto shouldn't affect the outcome. There were times 60 eggs in I had no HA transferred with a male HA parent. You should be able to get HA transferred under normal circumstances, you might need a prayer to snom or arceus.

No, I'm not hatching multiple eggs at once. I'm breeding a lot of different species, I can't afford to clog up my PC with rejects.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, I'm not hatching multiple eggs at once. I'm breeding a lot of different species, I can't afford to clog up my PC with rejects.

All I can suggest is to accept multiple eggs until a HA is passed down. Even if like most players PC box is at premium you can just release them. It's a 10% chance to hit a HA egg so going with 1 or a few eggs that early on with your pairing. Trying to get a HA female from a pairing is even more patience testing when it comes to starters.

You don't need too much space for the eggs, even 15 open spots is workable if you just want HA to be passed down.

Houka

Does anyone knows how the bins in the Lost Hotel work? I've walk in and out several time and none of them are shaking. Do they require steps or time passing?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does anyone knows how the bins in the Lost Hotel work? I've walk in and out several time and none of them are shaking. Do they require steps or time passing?

i believe they rely of tuesday (rotom) to give a pokemon appearance though garbodor line is the usual daily spawn. bannette appear on thursday in other trash bins in lost village.

serebii has a page/list of days and items regarding this question.

Last edited:

Houka

So a daily thing?

It does? All I found was mention in catching Methods and just state Rotom and Banetta being on certain day no list or anything more depth beside that.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
So a daily thing?

It does? All I found was mention in catching Methods and just state Rotom and Banetta being on certain day no list or anything more depth beside that.

trubbish is a daily thing but bannette is only thursday lost village and tuesday at the hotel. then its just up to RNG to find rotom in the shaking bins.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can you rebattle the gym leaders more than once for each rank in the Battle Chateau (ex- battle someone twice as a marquis/marchioness)? I lost to Viola already, so I was wondering if it's possible to battle her again or wait until after my noble title goes up

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can you rebattle the gym leaders more than once for each rank in the Battle Chateau (ex- battle someone twice as a marquis/marchioness)? I lost to Viola already, so I was wondering if it's possible to battle her again or wait until after my noble title goes up
Who appears in the Battle Chateau is somewhat random, so Viola will appear again at some point. Your rank just let's the game pick which groups of trainers can appear. The Gym leaders, Elite 4 and the Champ (once unlocked) all have reduced chance to appear every the someone in the Chateau Changes.