• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know the real way to get enough style points to enter the Lumiose City Boutique? I heard a rumor that you just have to change your hair several times, but I'm having trouble finding the actual way to do it

Houka

Throughout the city you can use different things such as; using Gogoat, make a PR video, get a haircut, listen to the audio at the art museum, Try out the Loto ID Lottery, Stylize your Forfrou, make a Berry Juice, use a Train, Shopping at any of the stores, take the battle challenges at any of the Restaurants, Try out the Battle Institute, work at a hotel, and have Alexa show you around. These will all effect your Style.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Does anyone know the real way to get enough style points to enter the Lumiose City Boutique? I heard a rumor that you just have to change your hair several times, but I'm having trouble finding the actual way to do it
Two cents: clothes in that boutique are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. And considering how hard it is to money grind in XY, it wasn’t worth it to me.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Got to the elite 4. But got brutally beaten by Siebold and his Gyarados. (he was the last one)

my new team working on...recommendations are welcome.

Greninja lvl 71 (Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Water Shuriken and Surf)

Chesnaught lvl 54 (Frenzy Plant, Seed Bomb, Power Up-Punch and Bulk Up)

Xerneas lvl 53 Replacement for Delphox (Thunderbolt, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Night Slash)

Gengar lvl 39 (Thunderbolt Dazzling, Gleam, Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch)

Lucario lvl 67 with mega stone (Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Swords Dance and Bone Rush)

Charizard with Charizardite X (Flamethrower, Blast Burn, Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw)

Houka

Get that Gengar to around 45+ his Thunderbolt should take out that Gyarados fairly easy. The rest of your team seem solid enough as long as they use used well enough. Oh and replace that Showdow Punch with a special attack, Gengar attack is pretty bad.

I would also get rid of Blast Burn and replace it with a Plying attack (Wing attack or Air Slash with do).

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
So I became Duke in the Battle Chateau, battled all trainers, including Gym Leaders and the Elite Four (I know for sure since I kept track of it, taking the list and crossing off every trainer after I defeated one until I had them all), became the Champion, tried leaving and re-entering and I still didn't become Grand Duke. What should I do?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
So I became Duke in the Battle Chateau, battled all trainers, including Gym Leaders and the Elite Four (I know for sure since I kept track of it, taking the list and crossing off every trainer after I defeated one until I had them all), became the Champion, tried leaving and re-entering and I still didn't become Grand Duke. What should I do?

You need to defeat all the trainers in the Battle Chateau to achieve the rank of Grand Duke/Grand Duchess.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I just beat the last gym two nights ago, and when I went to start my game today, I got an error message that read "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used." What does this mean?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I just beat the last gym two nights ago, and when I went to start my game today, I got an error message that read "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used." What does this mean?
check to see if the game needs updating

Vindicated30.6

That's the first thing I did. I called Nintendo customer support and they said the save file is corrupted.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
That's the first thing I did. I called Nintendo customer support and they said the save file is corrupted.
Nintendo Customer Support is usually not the most helpful outlet. I have two open cases regarding some issues I have regarding Home.

Did you try deleting the update data then reinstalling the update?

Vindicated30.6

I haven't updated recently though. I'm not even sure they're updating these anymore.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
Does a Pokemon having a blank name (a name with no characters) mean it is guaranteed to be illegitimate or hacked? If there is not a flat yes or no answer, what other aspects of the concerned Pokemon should I look at? I have two nameless Pokemon that I got via the GTS, but I am starting to have doubts about using them. My Kalos Pokedex is about 90% complete, so I would just like to avoid any of the potential consequences of using illegitimate Pokemon, such as a horror story about a corrupted save file.

Vindicated30.6

Does a Pokemon having a blank name (a name with no characters) mean it is guaranteed to be illegitimate or hacked? If there is not a flat yes or no answer, what other aspects of the concerned Pokemon should I look at? I have two nameless Pokemon that I got via the GTS, but I am starting to have doubts about using them. My Kalos Pokedex is about 90% complete, so I would just like to avoid any of the potential consequences of using illegitimate Pokemon, such as a horror story about a corrupted save file.
I think nameless Pokemon were only available in Gen 1, which probably means they came from one of the Virtual Console games. Just a guess.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
I think nameless Pokemon were only available in Gen 1, which probably means they came from one of the Virtual Console games. Just a guess.
Well, one of those Pokemon I have happens to be a Chesnaught, so it seems that I have some releasing to do. Thank you for your help.
If I used one of these Pokemon for breeding, do I also need to release the hatched Pokemon? Or does the potential hazard lie solely in the original illegitimate Pokemon?

Vindicated30.6

That, I don't know. I got a shiny Huntail on the GTS that I had to release. I would say better to be safe than sorry.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
Does anyone know what the IVs and EVs are of Pokemon used by in-game trainers, excluding the Battle Mansion? Does anyone know of any difference between IVs and EVs of regular trainers, Serena/Calem, gym leaders, etc.?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Been searching for Skitty for a whole on Route 4 in red flowers like the guides tell you and despite 10% odd not a single Skitty has appeared. Are the guides wrong about being in both Kalos games?

Mine is X version

Vindicated30.6

Been searching for Skitty for a whole on Route 4 in red flowers like the guides tell you and despite 10% odd not a single Skitty has appeared. Are the guides wrong about being in both Kalos games?

Mine is X version
I got one in Y. I don't think it's version exclusive. I was doing a Wonderlocke so I traded it away, otherwise I'd trade it to you.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

Mine is X version
Keep trying. I was in your shoes last week. Playing Crystal trying to find Nidoran (M) and despite the 30% encounter rate I ran into 3 Caterpie and 4 Weedle first which have a 5% encounter rate in the same place. I think it was roughly the 18th encounter I had despite the high chance.