• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official X & Y Help Thread

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I got one in Y. I don't think it's version exclusive. I was doing a Wonderlocke so I traded it away, otherwise I'd trade it to you.
Got one in the form of Shiny Delcatty from deadcns for a Simipour i placed.
I know they are a hackers but since online battling is not my thing i just enjoy for keeps and they come in handy since i'm bad at getting things like stones in super training. So many require Shiny Stone for example. I'll need to breed Delcatty and Snorlax to get Skitty...already did Gurdurr to get Timburr.
Next up Plusle/Minun hunting on route 5 and leveling Pancham, Scraggy and a few others. I'm sticking with the central, coastal and mountain kalos to keep a easy track on things.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Yeah I'm going to try and speed through so I can shiny hunt in the Friend Safari. I beat all eight gyms earlier this year but my save file got corrupted. Still trying to collect FCs.

Pokefan_1987

Yeah I'm going to try and speed through so I can shiny hunt in the Friend Safari. I beat all eight gyms earlier this year but my save file got corrupted. Still trying to collect FCs.
Is your game digital or cartridge. Mine is digital since my 3DS is used. It's very stable. I never 100% The first time. Currently i started replaying it for the story.

Vindicated30.6

Mine is digital as well. I put over 300 hours in when it first came out, most of that on Wonder Trades. I spent so much time on it that I was working my way through the Elite 4 for the first time as I waited in line for the midnight launch of ORAS and Smash for the Wii U, which released the same day.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
For all these ppl that r playing these games now, you are wonderful and marvellous

Vindicated30.6

I wiped again last night. Kinda thinking Nuzlockes/Wonderlockes aren't for me. Just gonna do a regular run.

Pokefan_1987

I just finished the credits scene on a new run and got the starter from sbauna and used the ticket from sycamore but the rival isn't showing up for the final battle? What should i do ?

Since this is before you can talk to sycamore and unlock how to hunt the rest of the mega stones

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I just finished the credits scene on a new run and got the starter from sbauna and used the ticket from sycamore but the rival isn't showing up for the final battle? What am should i do ?

Since this is before you can talk to sycamore and unlock how to hunt the rest of the mega stones
Complete one battle in the Battle Maison (any format will do). Thankfully the early battles in the normal formats should be easy even for an in-game team.

Pokefan_1987

Complete one battle in the Battle Maison (any format will do). Thankfully the early battles in the normal formats should be easy even for an in-game team.
It worked i don't know why the hid the battle that way. One of the worst things about Kalos is how absurdly expensive some of the items like TM's in stores.
While others moves cost a lot of BP points. Even grinding for money against the Elite 4 is tedious since the credits are unskippable.

Vindicated30.6

Even grinding for money against the Elite 4 is tedious since the credits are unskippable.
You can make it a lot easier with a Skill Link Cloyster. 2/3 of Diantha's team is weak to Ice. By the time mine was level 100, I was one shotting her Pokemon with Icicle Spear. I threw Surf on there for my other OP STAB move.

Pokefan_1987

You can make it a lot easier with a Skill Link Cloyster. 2/3 of Diantha's team is weak to Ice. By the time mine was level 100, I was one shotting her Pokemon with Icicle Spear. I threw Surf on there for my other OP STAB move.
Interesting. I prefer using a different water type since my Greninja setup can handle the E4 well. I do sometimes switch someone in like a Blaziken (traded) if i need to save Greninja until later. It also works well in Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun. It is really good.

It's even really great for grinding against Druddigon, Gurdurr, Haunter, Zweilous and the occasional Buizel hordes in the victory road exit but the exp can be really slow.

Greninja

Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Water Shuriken (Intended for sturdy pokemon) like Probopass.

And if you want to cheese the Diantha fight, send in a pokemon with a terrible ability when she send gardevoir arrives. Keeping someone like Slaking with the Truant ability only for Gardevoir to only attack every other turn and you pivot someone different onto the field.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Does the name and language of EVENT Pokémon match the Language of the save file or the event?

In a recent purchase of Y cart, I've got a Shiny Xerneas, which matches the Japanese event baring the fact it's got an English name and English language (No Japanese Language tag). Same with a Shiny Diancie, Shaymin, and Victini.

It looks like I got a pile of Pokémon traded/banked from ORAS in the same file. It's quite possible I got a pile of hacks, not the first time I got them in a save file. (It's Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-oh in Emerald.)