• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh....awkward.

Ethan

Banned
Maybe he has a mental disorder? :rolleyes:

I know it may be hard for somebody of your age to understand, but whenever people do "strange" things like that, it usually means there's some underlying psychological problem. You're the one most likely amplifying whatever problem he has by excluding and teasing him. Great job.

Says the guy that likes harrass autistic pokemon members, haha. Jk anyway Jaykins. But you're right, I'm more referring to the naturally weird people that didn't pick up on some social cues that make them stand out a little. Not so much the mentally impaired.

And Cipher we have a trenchcoat guy at our school too. I think he probably sells baseball tickets under them.

facetious

facetious
Says the guy that likes harrass autistic pokemon members, haha.
Well it's not like I've constantly harassed easy targets like Dattebayo, MewSkitty, or others like them. I'm sure they put up with enough IRL to warrant abuse here, but people here seem (or seemed, in MewSkitty's case) to get a kick out of ridiculing them over and over for some reason.

The thing is, most high schoolers can't differentiate between somebody who is genuinely weird (like what you described) and somebody with very clear psychological problems (like what Grei described), even though it should be pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
He grabs people in the crotch,

This sadly was normal behavior in my 10th grade English class. (And it wasn't a special eductation class).

Hahaha, that just reminded me of a kid who my brother knew (he graduated before I came to High School), who would always wear a Top Hat to school; I quite literally called him "Top-Hat guy". I wore a Train Hat at one point to school, but that was a case of being semi-ironic to the nickname that was given to me.

I used to be the top hat guy for about a month in my freshman year of college. Then it broke. I got a new different hat that I wear on the occasion though, so I am still the hat guy even to this day.

I go to college at a major state university. If you can think of a quirk, there's a kid infamous on campus for having it.

So if you want to hear about trenchcoat guy, dances-everywhere kid, hoola-hoop girl, take your pick.

My universities pretty big (technically, 40,000 students), but there is a severe lack of anyone really unusual looking. The best I've seen is some lady who looked like Betty Page. We also had a had a Drag Queen win a pagent representing our school last year but no one dresses in drag on regular occasions.

Anyway, I had a roomate who was extremely awkward for over a year. He was homeschooled and extremely catholic. He had like 9 brothers and sisters as well. He smelled awful, had no respect for other people belongings, regularly made sexist remarks. He was also incredibly stupid, and I'm puzzled as to how he got in. Needless to say very few people could tolerate to be around him. (thankfully he left last semester).

kochoupink

butts lol
My school is selective enough that every single person here is intelligent, driven, at least moderately attractive, and boring as hell.
No, really.
That boring.
Though there is a unicycle parked outside one of the frat sections. What is it doing there? No one knows. But at least that's something.

In high school there was a guy who grew out a full beard and used to draw these really detailed pictures of people burning and getting shot and stuff. He used to constantly brag about his intelligence test scores, so of course everyone called bullsnap on that, because anyone who is actually intelligent doesn't let other people know. He terrified everyone and no one spoke to him. After sophomore year, he disappeared. No one knew where he went, but scuttlebutt was expulsion.

Last edited:

Relinquish

Addicted
There's this dude. He is very lonely and has no friends. His grades are incredibly low except for his math. His name is Jason but the batch nicknamed him the Druglord because of his habit of bring drugs to school. Yes i said Drugs. Real drugs. He says that its his only lunch. Its the only thing he drinks. It was not too long til the teachers found out about it. Even though the teachers scold him for bringing drugs he still continues to. He also sells drugs us so he can earn some quick cash but none of buy it. Despite all of that he isn't that scary. He talks to me a lot since no one talks to him. I try to be friendly and to keep a distance. After a while he isn't that bad. He is just lonely, poor, and misunderstood.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
There's a guy in one of my classes who always says really inappropriate for class type things about getting pulled over while driving high or getting drunk and destroying sh*t. It's funny, but it can get kind of uncomfortable when the professor is just like "uh, this is class, you might not wanna share that" and everyone is quiet for a minute

Oh, I remember highschool. I was never really socially awkward, but I wasn't very popular and I didn't have very many friends. I grew up really poor, so I wore a lot of the same clothes often and didn't always have the proper supplies. I guess a lot of students didn't want to be associated with that. Ofcourse I could harbor ill feelings, but taking human psychology into account it makes it more difficult to be bitter. It did make me appreciate the friends I did have though, which is good.

There are definitley weird individuals at the university I attend now though, but I find even stranger people when I'm cleaning houses. The things I find sometimes...

Daxalicious

FACE KICK
oh, i remember highschool. I was never really socially awkward, but i wasn't very popular and i didn't have very many friends. I grew up really poor, so i wore a lot of the same clothes often and didn't always have the proper supplies. I guess a lot of students didn't want to be associated with that. Ofcourse i could harbor ill feelings, but taking human psychology into account it makes it more difficult to be bitter. It did make me appreciate the friends i did have though, which is good.

There are definitley weird individuals at the university i attend now though, but i find even stranger people when i'm cleaning houses. The things i find sometimes...

oh do tell!

Ah, there's this one kid. He's morbidly obese, but that's besides the point. Poor kid takes off his shoes in class and plays with them. He cheats on his homework and it's painfully obvious (the algebra teacher calls out the answers and we tell her what we got). He fondles himself when nobody everybody is looking. He hits on girls that are out of his league, to put it bluntly. He sucks his fingers and touches people afterwards. Oh, and he eats paper. Construction paper, not that soft sh*t we use in class. The stiff kind that seems like it would hurt like hell to eat. He's perfectly sane too. Does well in science. But ya know, he tries to sit by me in every class, but that's my mistake. First day at that school I felt bad for him because nobody sat by him. I learned why...

That's all my little private school has, except for the twitchy kid who plays Rockband with his pencil. I'm pretty sure there's one of those in every school, though.

He had like 9 brothers and sisters as well. He smelled awful, had no respect for other people belongings, regularly made sexist remarks.

Friggin Mormons, people mix em' up with Catholics.

There was a girl in my old schol who was morbidly fat a little overweight, she was a scene girl who looked as if she didn't know the meaning of personal hygiene, her hair stinked like dog doo and she didn't cut her nails. ever. not even clean them, she also had very frequent violent turns, like when she pinched a friend and literally tore his skin off for saying that emos wear highly effeminate clothing.
Oh, and she never wore a bra. ever.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Oh, this thread reminds me of a kid in my high school class. He actually had a behavioral problem that made it difficult for him to concentrate, though. Shot out and dragged out words on different intervals, and seemed to float over many well-known social norms. Mind you, he was still relatively smart, very athletic, perfectly social and had a lot of friends, he just didn't know how to handle himself, so we sometimes laughed at him rather than with him.

The kicker is that he's the heir to one of the richest families in the country, haha.

In my uni there's a guy who looks like he walked right out of an earlier Tim Burton film, what with the exclusively black wardrobe, excessive make-up and eye shadow, disheveled, Robert Smith-ish hair, and his penchant for the black parasol that he carries everywhere, rain or shine. What's particularly funny is the extremely solemn way he carries himself.

Oh and then there's Seventies Guy. I'm pretty sure he's a time traveller who was misinformed about the current time period's fashion.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Oh, and she never wore a bra. ever.
O.0
Ew

I'm considered to be the weird kid at school because I don't like to lie or pick on other people. I also don't talk very much, and I notice that I'm what make most people feel awkward around me. I also don't pick up on some sexual innuendos, so that automatically excludes me from several groups at school.

ChloroformGirl

Yah Theres this kid named Matt who's in my class, he mumbles to himself alot :S
and It's very hard to keep interest in a conversation with him, it also seems like he's more interested in talking to himself then with other people. I played pokemon with him once and he said I was cheap!! Just because I switched pokemon like twice (ex:if I had a fire against his water...) he says he never switches pokemom.....and he lost, obvioulsy because he never switches pokemon...EVER! so I just like put a pokemon super effective against is, easy as pie!

funny thing is He is my best friends brother, and my best friend is very social.

Profesco

gone gently
O.0
Ew

I'm considered to be the weird kid at school because I don't like to lie or pick on other people. I also don't talk very much, and I notice that I'm what make most people feel awkward around me. I also don't pick up on some sexual innuendos, so that automatically excludes me from several groups at school.

It's a shame when social acceptance requires you exhibit some sort of vice.

Sayho1234

maybe he has a mental disorder? :rolleyes:

I know it may be hard for somebody of your age to understand, but whenever people do "strange" things like that, it usually means there's some underlying psychological problem. You're the one most likely amplifying whatever problem he has by excluding and teasing him. Great job.

^This!!!!!

But you're right, I'm more referring to the naturally weird people that didn't pick up on some social cues that make them stand out a little.

Even still if someone is naturally weird & it's who they are it's still not right to pick on them for something that they can't control. That's like saying it's okay to pick on black or gay people for being naturally who they are.

When I was in high school I stayed away from all the kids who played card games at lunch. MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh!, just whatever. They're all pretty weird and get extremely angry when they lost or whatever.

Heh.

Sayho1234

If you want to get technical according to the majority of highschool society (a.k.a. the popular kids) we're all classified/labeled as being "weird" for still being into pokemon & not being into stuff that's around our age.

Gunned

Summer Time
There was this one wierd girl who came up to me, I'd never seen her in my whole life, and pulled out a mini packet of heinz ketchup.
She proceeded to devour the entire packet right i myface,

Then stared at me. For at least 5 minutes, with this goofy, ketchup-smeared smile.

Aaaaannndddd.....

I'm pretty sure I pooped my pants.

If you want to get technical according to the majority of highschool society (a.k.a. the popular kids) we're all classified/labeled as being "weird" for still being into pokemon & not being into stuff that's around our age.

Did you not know that it's "cool" and "hip" to play Pokemon now? You are clearly out of the loop. I see a lot of college students as well as high school students playing Pokemon now more than ever. They do it to be "different" and "cool" or something idk.

Looks like you should get in the loop, bro.