• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh....awkward.

Sha742

Ahaha, a thread on a Pokemon Fan Board complaining about socially-awkward kids.

Does anyone else find some stereotypical irony in that? Yes? No?

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
My group of friends is weird, we talk about the most random things in the beginning of the conversation and then go off on topics that have absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about in the beggining. And I guess I could technically be called "socially awkward" though it's mostly because I don't really like talking to people I don't know well or who I know but I know I won't be able to hold a proper conversation with them because they're too different from me. And I read a lot and all of the people in my class think it's weird that I read and wonder how I can read a book and not use FaceBook. I find it weird that they don't read books and that they can spend all their time on FaceBook. So yeah this is getting long so I'm going to stop now

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
hm, seeing some of the posts here makes me sad. the existance of this discussion itself makes me sad. it surprises me that it slipped ethan's mind that this forum is just too immature to have topics like this without (un)intentionaly showing disrespect for the disabled.

I couldn't have put it better my self.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well, most of you should know what I'm talking about since the majority of you are in highschool. There always seems to be that one kid that's just a little bit weirder and a little bit more awkward than normal. I can usually deal with all sorts of types of people, but there's a limit. Take for example Joe, who is on my track team. He's 17 year old senior but social skills and soap are completely foriegn ideas.

He's an incredibly nice guy though, but he scares tons of people off just by how damn weird he acts. Like...randomly shuffle dancing in the middle of the hallway...with a mullet. And hitting on girls harder than an incoming train. I talk to him sometimes but I distance myself from him often not because I don't want to be seen with him, but I don't want to be seen with anyone that acts so damn stupid.

Share some stories about the notoriously awkward and weird kids that you're familiar with, and perhaps we'll manage a few laughs.

If you don't know anyone that you find a little bit weird, creepy, or awkward...it might be you! :p
Yeah so instead of talking to him, you work as his mod on a Pokemon Board!

Seriously though, awkward kids are rare here. Its like all the kids in the world are hellspawn and then we just have children of god. We did have this kid back in the states who always wore a jacket, even in the blistering heat of a New York summer. We suspected he was a cyborg of some kinda, but legend had it that if you saw under his jacket you would die.

Sha742

Can we make fun of fat people, or are we still on autistic kids?

Man I hate fatties. Fatty fat fatties.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah the fat ones are actually popular here, so making fun of them only works for the states. You should see my girl.

Sha742

Yeah the fat ones are actually popular here, so making fun of them only works for the states. You should see my girl.

More cushion for the pushin', mirite?

Nah, but seriously. San Diego is extremely in shape, even if we are in the US. (which people really exaggerate. It's the UK we should all be pointing and laughing at) Though, because of that, our girls are almost as vain as the French, haha. I swear, my ex probably spent more time with her make-up than we actually spent together. And the majority of the time she was prettying herself up it was for stay-at-home dates, haha.

Uhh, awkward kids. I don't really have a beef with them. I'm a hard-hitter on the debate team and our theater troupe, so I see a few oddballs occasionally. At the same time though, I game, and the majority of my opponents are the folks that people give a hard time.

The majority of the folks posting in this thread are middle schoolers or underclassmen still whining about the people not playing their game.

Zazie

So 1991
Can we make fun of fat people, or are we still on autistic kids?

Man I hate fatties. Fatty fat fatties.

I say we make fun of pokeyman players next, that's always good for a laugh.

The majority of the folks posting in this thread are middle schoolers or underclassmen still whining about the people not playing their game.

The people posting here do seem to be much younger than the typical age of misc posters. I wonder why that is?

nooooooo guys!
i'm very sensitive about my weight.

What is it with a lot of females and being so sensitive about their weight anyway? It's good to try eat healthy and exercise regularly but some of the stuff I hear just makes me feel sad. (I am assuming you're joking, just a pondering)

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
The Nash! The Nash is a first year in my university halls of residence. He is... a legend. And by legend I mean a twat. The St. Andrews rugby club has nicknamed him The Grenade because he can clear a room of women in two seconds flat. Stories of his sexual encounters (of which he has had none), told by himself, include punching girls in the clitoris ('cause, you know, that's sexy as hell) and using the word "Butterbean" as a chat up line. Not in any sort of clever context, not even in a goddamn sentence. Just "Butterbean". I could spend hours on here typing up his stupidity and I would not communicate even one iota of it to you.

Sha742

The Nash! The Nash is a first year in my university halls of residence. He is... a legend. And by legend I mean a twat. The St. Andrews rugby club has nicknamed him The Grenade because he can clear a room of women in two seconds flat. Stories of his sexual encounters (of which he has had none), told by himself, include punching girls in the clitoris ('cause, you know, that's sexy as hell) and using the word "Butterbean" as a chat up line. Not in any sort of clever context, not even in a goddamn sentence. Just "Butterbean". I could spend hours on here typing up his stupidity and I would not communicate even one iota of it to you.

My hat's off to his prowess.

What is it with a lot of females and being so sensitive about their weight anyway? It's good to try eat healthy and exercise regularly but some of the stuff I hear just makes me feel sad. (I am assuming you're joking, just a pondering)

haha tbh actually I'm sensitive about my weight being the opposite of overweight. I wouldn't want to be fat, js. But I'm extremely skinny to the point of my mommy and close friends freaking out and wanting me to eat every single minute. Like I think it's fine with my size, but yeah I'm pretty thin and somewhat underweight.
But fat people, especially girls get tormented for being just a tad bit overweight. It's like people would rather want them to be anorexic to the point of just slipping through a crack on the street. But they're not fat, so it's ok. See, according to most people, I'm at a good weight, even though I'm not. -_- IDK.

Most misc frequenters are older than the typical Pokemon loving kid. I'm going to be 20, but I STILL LOVE POKEMON. I don't know the ages of everyone here, but yeah.

There's this girl who was in our college class who could be incredibly awkward to be around.

It's just because she catches you off guard with what she finds funny. As in my college class is watching the literal versions of "Take on me" and "Total Eclipse of the heart" and she explodes with laughter... she laughs so loudly it carries two classes away and we don't know how to react... i mean she's only enjoying herself, but it's not THAT funny. It is halarious but not THAT halarious. I thought she was going to keel over.

Oh and there's this other guy in my class and watching him do presentations is just awkward to experience. He's been in this class for three years nearly and he still struggles to speak in front of people he's known for a year or two at least, some of us for an extra year. Don't get me wrong here, i know he hasn't got any medical or mental problem that hinders his speech, he's a normal guy, he just can't get a grip and grow up. He's 23 i think and he honestly acts like a shy 12 year old. He's not shy atall since he told us he did the "can't touch this" dance in the middle of princess street of something in Edinburgh (dear god how awkward must his girlfriend have felt). Yet in the class doing presentations is just hell to watch and hell for him maybe because he doesn't do the work and doesn't pay attention so he doesn't know what he's supposed to say.

Let me tell you this is different from embarassing as he should be the embarassed, the rest of us can feel awkward for him.

Zazie

So 1991
It's because middle school students and underclassmen are still learning about self-awareness, so the witch-hunt for those who aren't is pretty much instinctual.

My guess would have been because middle schoolers are sociopathic little beasties, but this makes so much more sense.

There's this girl who was in our college class who could be incredibly awkward to be around.

It's just because she catches you off guard with what she finds funny. As in my college class is watching the literal versions of "Take on me" and "Total Eclipse of the heart" and she explodes with laughter... she laughs so loudly it carries two classes away and we don't know how to react... i mean she's only enjoying herself, but it's not THAT funny. It is halarious but not THAT halarious. I thought she was going to keel over.

Reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She wouldn't stop laughing quite loudly over the same internet video's over and over again. She had a thing for overreacting to things, she once started to strangle herself with her headphones after seeing the Jonas Brothers cover of "My Name is Jonas", it may be bad, but nothing is bad enough to strangle yourself over.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes

Typically, females tend to judged by their looks and are expected to conform to a certain standard of beauty. S'why some cultures had corsets and feet binding and whatnot. It's ridiculous and unhealthy, but hey, a woman's gotta look good for her man, amirite?'

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I see girls in my classes out side of school wearing skimpy clothing. They are also straight A students which confuses me even more.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
well, that would be me, but i am the kind of weird everyone likes, someone else is the weird everyone hates

natie

Mr. F
There's this autistic guy in my class, he's really weird. He never washes himself (seriously, never), he eats everything he produces (yeah, really), etc. Also he tries to be funny but he never is :(

There's another weird guy, but he's quite fun. He really does everything a sane person wouldn't do. I guess he's an attention *****, but at least a successful one.

I'm kinda weird too. I'm gifted (according to Google Translate that's the right word for it, cba to use a dictionary, it's the thing that someone is really smart), so often I think about things in a completely different way than other people. Which makes me do really foolish things at times. I can also become incredibly angry for something trivial. When something sad happens to someone I know, I cry most of the times. Which makes for awkward situations. I don't talk often IRL, but on the internet I just can't stop. Still, people like me (if I say so myself). Sometimes they look at me with a face like 'WTF dude, just WTF...' but then I say 'I know, right?' and everything's okay again :p