• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan? (493)

Is it me or was Poffin pronounced wrong? Or have I been pronouncing it wrong? The show says Paw-Fin, I say Poe-Fin...But Pokeblock is Poe-Kee-Block, why isn't Poffin Poe-Fin? Ah well. :/

its pronounced pof-fin.

its another filler episode but a pretty good one in fact

Rebeccag

good filler episode the fillers are doing good so far in my opinion. I liked learning about poffin making and dawn giving the poffins and then realising it was wrong was funny. Also good to see roserade too

DieChavsDie

Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.

Cobalt_Latios

Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.
Did you get the PUSA dub? If so you should know that Sarah Natochenny voiced Roserade for this episode. Notice how it sounds so similar to Ash?

~C_L~

DieChavsDie

Ah, I take it it was the PUSA Dub (It wasnt in Japanese, and England doesnt get its own dub).

All I can say is Sarah Natochenny is a RUBBISH Voice Actress. Ash sounds like he's permenanatly constipated.

Is it Natochenny that voices Dawn too? If so, she cant keep her pitch. It sounds really shaky and kept dipping really low

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
The poffins in this episode look to my interest for poffins, so I rate it 9.5 of 10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least Ash didn't sing the title. Since it's based off of an old song, I half expected it sung like Veronica Taylor did for "Let it Snow...".

The episode isn't that great, but at least they didn't repeat things from Hoenn too much. At least Dawn turned out to be a pretty good poffin cooker. The part where Ash burns his poffins and tries stuffing them down was hilarious. :D I know it took me ages to figure out how to stir the poffin to keep it from spilling, so I can sympathize with Ash in this episode. Roserade was an interesting pokemon too.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
LOL when Ash was like "Mine's ready!"
And all the other Pokemon go away lmao

Rommath

▲_▲
Lol. Ash fails at cooking Poffins. Much like May did with her Purple Surprise/Pink Surprise whatever one it was. Combusken breathing multi-coloured flames is always a sight to behold. This episode was okay, the Roserade ninja idea was a good one I thought.

Fire master of the east

Silver For the Win
Roserade is so sweet in this episode! i love the whole im a super hero thing. It reminds me of super man..... hum.....oh well but at the end when its ripped off. i love how she still kicks there butts and shows them who wears the pants in that relationship. lol

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
^ *Looks at the two short and pointless posts*...It's clear you're just trying to boost your post count.

Anywho, I really enjoyed this episode. Roserade is a Pokemon that I always wanted to see with Ash, but oh well. At least the whole superhero thing it had going on was pretty cool. Dawn learned how to make Poffins, meh.

Lol, what a coincidink...Rank up.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Watching any episode after the Pikachu cake bakery, no matter how crappy it is, feels like a godsend.

Roserade is my favorite Pokemon from the Sinnoh generation, and even though it would later get more appearances, I'm a little disappointed it took such a backseat in its debut. Sure, it got to play hero, but most of this episode's focus was on the Poffin stuff, which was necessary but not all that entertaining. Like when Pokeblock creation was introduced, there were some amusing scenes with the gang messing up at first. And when it finally came turn for Roserade to be a badass, it was awesome (I can't believe I made a turban joke back then; actually, yes I can), complete with some very nice animation. (Fun fact: This would be Makoto Shinjo's final episode as solo AD.)

The COTD was nothing special, nor was the entire sequence of plot events. And in general, the episode wasn't too different than the Hoenn episode with Kanata and Pokeblock. But with little bits of humor sprinkled throughout, as well asd the presence of the awesome Roserade, I can't dislike this episode. It's also helped by the fact that it comes right after such an atrocity of an episode. But Roserade would later get better screentime under both Natane and Jun.

B-

milenadrg

Hm, interesting episode. I liked girl's(don't remember her name) and Budew's flashback story...
Ash eating his failed Poffins was stupid...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved to see a Roserade in the anime, i love grass type pokemon.

And the poffin must be tasty....

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Finally, a more detailed explanation of Poffin baking. It seems easier than making PokeBlock anyway.

Loved how shy little Roserade only gained confidence when it had it's red scarf to cover it's visage (face). I liked how we got to see it as a Budew too.

That legend probably had to do with Shaymin but of course they never mentioned that. 4/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Not much happened in this episode outside of Poffin baking. I liked the super hero Roserade though, it was pretty strong and agile. OK episode.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Not much happened in this episode outside of Poffin baking. I liked the super hero Roserade though, it was pretty strong and agile. OK episode.

Well we have seen a Roselia and a Budew evolving, it's not happen all the time.
And James's Mime Jr. used his Tickle attack and it's a rare thing.