• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan? (493)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not really a big fan of this episode. Although the Roserade was kinda cool especially it posing as the hero, but it didn't really need that disguise.

I haven't really found the Poffin/Pokeblock like episodes that interesting, although there are a few moments that are funny.
The COTD telling Ash he was mixing it too fast, or going too slow or you are going to spill it is exactly what it says when you are making it in the games.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Roserade was shown as a shy pokemon, I think it's over after it has evolved eventually, Buduo was shy too.
And yeah it was funny to make the Poffin out of the food machine...Dawn really had troubles with that....

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Ash's poffin looked exactly like it tasted

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Roserade for the 1st time. Interesting how it felt so helpless without its scarf. I'm glad Roserade overcame its self-doubt to be able to defeat TR without the scarf. It was funny to see for the 1st time Cacnea and Carnivine hugging James at the same time. It was funny to see Croagunk keep Brock in check by threatening him with a Poison Jab if he kept going love-crazy.

20/100

Blessed

Not the best of filler episode, I think it would have been better if they explored Floaroma Town a little more instead of going to a ridiculous Poffin cooking class. What was Dawn thinking? I got a laugh at Ash's bad cooking, it reminded me of how bad Misty is at cooking too. The filler COTD was bland. Dawn's Pokemon being reluctant to eating Dawn's second batch of Poffins had me laughing outta my seat.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I giggled when Team Rocket was stealing all those Berries at night and got attacked by my good sis Roserade. Anyway, Floaroma Town was absolutely gorgeous in the anime and I really loved seeing Ash and friends make Poffins, especially seeing Ash burn his batch. Also, Forsythia's Lotad was so adorable; it made me yearn for Brock's old Lotad.

Why was....... Forsythia talking....... this slow....... at one part.........?

I'm just going to assume it was a dubbing error.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I had a soft spot for Roserade cuz I'm also kind of shy. Roserade needing the scarf to feel brave and fight crime was a nice touch and I liked the setting of the flower shop and Floaroma town in general. O and the poffin making scenes were funny. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
I liked seeing Poffin baking in this episode and Roserade's hero role was enjoyable. I thought that her red scarf made her look like a comic hero. 7/10

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Ash eating his own awful poffins was hillarious. "Robot" my butt... As was Bunery and Pachrisu trying to make Piplup test out Dawn's second batch. Plus, Croagunk warning Brock was gold, just gold lol. This series is even better than OS and AG were at humor. Though that's probably due to the old dub's stupid cringey puns...

8/10

Personally, one of the funnier filler episodes. Glad to see that they decided to make a reference to pokeblock. Sarah obviously did the voice of Roserade. There's a scene where Roserade speaks then Ash speaks, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Now that I've seen the english version, I understand a few more things:
- why Dawn's pokemon hated the Poffin(it was designed for her Mother's Glameow)

Because TPCi actually bothers to keep the original songs in rather than replacing them with garbage instrumental synth/random jingles that are nothing but annoying noise...

Ah, I take it it was the PUSA Dub (It wasnt in Japanese, and England doesnt get its own dub).

All I can say is Sarah Natochenny is a RUBBISH Voice Actress. Ash sounds like he's permenanatly constipated.

Is it Natochenny that voices Dawn too? If so, she cant keep her pitch. It sounds really shaky and kept dipping really low

- Why Dawn is shocked.

Actually, everything else was rather easy to interpret the first time I saw it.

You seem to be confusing Sarah with Veronica LOL. Sarah's voice actually fits Ash and doesn't sound like a six year old girl with a head cold...

And no, Dawn has a different VA who is also FAR SUPERIOR to any of the crappy 4kids ones as well.

One thing nags me though: Why oh why did PUSA have to ditch the Heroes save theme for this other one. In case you don't know what I mean, the same theme used for Pikachu learning Volt Tackle In "May's Egg-cellent Adventure".

Also, I honestly cannot understand why BOTH irc.cartoon-world.org and pocketmonsters.net did not have the torrent files. Only Cartoonpalace.net did.

~C_L~

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Ash fails at cooking Poffins. Much like May did with her Purple Surprise/Pink Surprise whatever one it was. This episode was okay, though: the Roserade ninja idea was a good one I thought. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
So now Hikari and friends reached Sonoo Town, and I liked how the legend of the flowers from the games was kept. Watching Satoshi and Hikari cook Poffins was entertaining, especially when Satoshi burned his batch. Tsubomi's Roserade's shyness going away when it wore the red scarf was cool, and I liked that Hasuboh knew all of Roserade's heroic deeds.

Daizy

I call you honey
Cacnea and Carnivine both hugging James was the best thing ever. What was up with this episode though? It seemed extremely fan-servicey. Roserade was cool though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think this was the first Shinou episode - or at least the first one that I noticed - where Takeshi's Gureggru threatened him and Takeshi had the foresight to stop flirting on his own.

Scorbunnie

Roserade being too shy to get involved and her needing to use a hero alias was so cool because it made this episode about Poffins seem like a much better plot. I just always hated Poffins so I wanted more than just a baking tutorial.