1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

OH MAH GAWD oske made a thread :DD

Discussion in 'Digital Media' started by oske, Feb 1, 2009.

1. oske

oske Well-Known Member

I'm leaving SPPf.

So go here for my up to date art thread.

~oske

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. oske

oske Well-Known Member

What has it been a week, no posts? I don't bite, anyway thought I would update with some new stuff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Arceus Master

Arceus Master Goodbye

I'm going to be honest with you: for every good banner you have, there's a ton more that aren't nigh as good. There's several problems to that: bad renders, Microsoft Paint-like brushes, no true themes or flows to the banners.
    I'll just run down a list of examples for each problem.

Bad Renders: Ivysaur Banner--the rightmost Ivysaur has been taken over by this ugly render of coloring. Its colors are dull and unattractive. The other side of the banner is a hard light mixture of poorly drawn brushes that hurts the eye and isn't pretty to look at either.

Microsoft Paint-like Brushes: The last Porygon banner--the brushes aren't smooth, they have rough edges, don't blend in the banner, and the list goes on. If you make a custom brush or something simple for a banner, make it smoother and blend in much better.

No Theme or Flow: "The Tokyo Underground" Banner--What is this? Two Pokemon on either side of a mess of dots with text overhead? The blending on this banner is excellent (for the background of dots). The banner has no central theme to it; comment the text's respective organization. Ask yourself what is it about, and then make that the banner's theme. The banner also has no flow of brushes, style, or texture, thus there isn't really anything to allow for me to move my eyes to catch onto an object or something. Your "Speed" banner fits better into that picture but not by much.

As for your vertical banner, what is up with the guitar strings overlapping the guy's face? They don't even blend in. That's just like if I made a banner with Tom Cruise on it, make everything on it (the brushes, the texture, everything) point to him but his face was overlapped by this giant black block. If the guitar strings were off to the side, it wouldn't be an issue.

Overall, you show some potential but you still need a lot of work before you get there. What program do you use, by the way? Different programs can create different programs, so stick to what your used program is capable of creating.

4. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm really starting to try here. I use Paint.net. Some of these are pretty old, so yeah, I'm really glad I got some real help. Anywho I made a Mario Villans banner:
    [​IMG]

5. Insidious_Dreamer

Insidious_Dreamer Dreams = Reality

I'm enjoying the work you are creating. That Boo one is very different from ur other stuff, but I'm not sure Im in agreement with the blurriness.

6. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm just trying to do different stuff. I don't want to be one of those people who do the same style again and again, I'll prolly re-make that one.

[​IMG]

Entered that to WBC 18 I think :confused:

7. Insidious_Dreamer

I like this last one, but it looks like two images side by side, sort of.... Since, the spread of the glow around the pink angel man is so different, it makes it stand out like it doesn't belong, but im totally in love with the abstract creation on the right of him!

8. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Thanks, I really like how that one turned out :>

Here is my entry to this week's contest. (WBC19?)

[​IMG]

And, a little Ralts :3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  9. Insidious_Dreamer

I'd comment on it, but only after the voting has started for the contest...soz

10. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Okay, I updated a bit: I added a new image at the top, shiny Celebi ftw. I also added the Vertical banners spoiler as well as my entry for the banner contest this week and the added Ralts picture I posted earlier and I organized it a bit. A bit nicer to the eyes.

11. Insidious_Dreamer

That Ralts image would benefit greatly from a subtle hanging border. In other words, dont place the border on the very edge, but a few pixels off.

12. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Okay, another update:

I got two unfinished graphics, and a bender sig.

[​IMG]

For the other two go to the unfinished spoiler.