• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh man, the Pokemon attacks on the touch screen are STILL hard to read?

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
pokemon-diamond-20070412015326456.jpg

:-(

I really hope that this is just how it looks when you're looking at it from an image and not when actually playing the game on your Nintendo DS...

Sorkai

i hope so too but they made it like that for the color blind people too lol.

I can see it easily. Maybe thats because I have 20/15 vision. LOL

I agree it maybe hard for some people to read. it looks like engraved formatting.

Sorkai

i mean it looks like some weird shade of gray or silver probaly my screen is too bright.the backround of it makes it more 3d i think and visually easier to c for the color blinded no ones perfect.

i mean it looks like some weird shade of gray or silver probaly my screen is too bright.

It looks like that to me too. It's engraved formatting.

It is too bright, but at least it won't damage my vision. I have looked at worser writing, but not as much as I wil have to look at that. And 20/15 vision is priceless.

Pitch-Black

Dark Trainer
Color blind? Why can't they just write it in the same font and color as the PP information then? Surely they can see black and white?

Not all colorblind people see black and white. Most get the colors Red and Green mixed up.

Anyways, yes the font sucks and makes me want to cut myself.

Sorkai

Okay then they made it for dogs then i didnt know that.

Poke gal

HoresesPoniesPokemon
It is a little hard to read but I can see it better then I could on the othoer games.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Not all colorblind people see black and white. Most get the colors Red and Green mixed up.

Anyways, yes the font sucks and makes me want to cut myself.

Well surely they can distinguish a bright color from a dark color? >_>; I don't know. And everything else is in that standard black font, why not the attack names?

And yeah, the font does suck. Hopefully it'll look better on the actual screen.

Pitch-Black

Dark Trainer
I dont think its the black that makes it suck, I think it is more of the inside color of the letters. It makes the names blend in with the yellow backround, and the font still sucks.

Chris

Old Coot
You guys do realize that you're looking at a screenshot emulated image, correct? They are NOT that difficult to read when actually playing on your DS.

THIS is how it looks like on the actual DS:

Picture38.jpg

And so you know, the font style DID NOT change from the Japanese version.

The Emerald King

<--- it's sad
Oh please let that only be the image. I hate engraved formatting

EDIT: didn't see above post, so thank god.

Last edited:

Sorkai

OKay thanks Chris you killed the disscusion but hey it was fun while it lasted.That was wrong what you said to above player but funny still wrong.

Chris

Old Coot
It's not wrong when YOU PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS READING. And to prove my point...

battlemenu2.jpg
pokemon-diamond-20070412015326456.jpg

See how near identical they are in emulated format? Notice how different it is when actually playing the game?

Sorkai

lol.Okay i learned something new today but wont use it againest my teachers.Yes i see the differnce the border around the letters on the emulated visual one on the right is more thick.

Pitch-Black

Dark Trainer
Yes, yes we see, thank you for posting the real life pic. At least some of the people here dont have reading problems, just dont like the text.