• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh my god!!! this just blew my mind, Chatot x.x

Watchog

Lv. 50
WOW.. WOW, i spent hours IV training a chatot. and now i can't use it online, Chatot? Freakin chatot? a normal pokemon? it is the only normal pokemon that appears in the list of legendaries you can't use.
This is ridiculously outrageous! i like Chatot! why gamefreak T.T why! y u betrollin! :/
Does anyone else finds this as stupid as o do? It's ridiculous! T.T

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
Wait? Chatot is actually good?

It never looked like so to me with it having no evolutions.

gabric

^what he said chatter would allow people to swear at each other and it would offend alot of people i mean would you want to be in the middle of a battle when your opponent sends out chatot and it tells you to f off?

FusionKT

*cough*
whats so good about chatter? never bothered using a chatot so i don't know what chatter does

Watchog

Lv. 50
^what he said chatter would allow people to swear at each other and it would offend alot of people i mean would you want to be in the middle of a battle when your opponent sends out chatot and it tells you to f off?

That's they're cheap excuse to ban a cool looking fella? the Quality of chatter isn't that great either, and i mean.. if that's the problem theres no need to ban an entire pokemon because of it :/ -sad-

CuriousHeartless

The Pokemon isn't banned. Chatot is fine, but Chatot with Chatter ain't. And it isn't because you can swear, but for technical reasons. It is the same reason you can't Sketch it onto a Smeargle. I'm sure that Gamefreak is kicking themselves over that one, or at least did at some point in the past.

Watchog

Lv. 50
That's they're cheap excuse to ban a cool looking fella? the Quality of chatter isn't that great either, and i mean.. if that's the problem theres no need to ban an entire pokemon because of it :/ -sad-

I think it is banned, i replaced chatter with hidden power and still wont let me.

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
CHATOT?! GOOD?! HA-HA-HA that's hilarious! Anyways, like said above, it's probably cause of chatter, cuz of it's special wi-fi battle effect

Phoopes

There it is.
Yeah, Chatot is banned because of the possibility that some six year old could hear certain words that are inappropriate for someone that young. Chatter was a nice gimmick for in-game, but it's kind of funny that a crappy Pokemon is banned because of it.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
This is dumber than the fact you can't trade Cofagrigus, Why do they do stuff like this in the first place?

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
I had no idea people use Chatot outside of RNG...

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
What's this about not being able to trade frosslass and venusaur?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
WOW.. WOW, i spent hours IV training a chatot. and now i can't use it online, Chatot? Freakin chatot? a normal pokemon? it is the only normal pokemon that appears in the list of legendaries you can't use.
This is ridiculously outrageous! i like Chatot! why gamefreak T.T why! y u betrollin! :/
Does anyone else finds this as stupid as o do? It's ridiculous! T.T

You actually wasted time in IV training a Chatot?

The damn pokémon is so weak and has a terrible move set, it would have been destroyed.

Trust me Game Freak did you a favour.

This is dumber than the fact you can't trade Cofagrigus, Why do they do stuff like this in the first place?

It has something to do with the swearing block where the games prevent you from naming, trading and battling pokémon with swear word.

Actually you can now, just others like Froslass and Venusaur you can't.

However as shown here it isn't 100% perfect.

Last edited: