• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh, Naruto, is there anything that you can't make stupid kids do?

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
What the hell is Narutu?

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I know that I shouldn't find this funny, but I find it so funny. XD

Don't compare a pathetic show like Naruto with a superior one such as Spongebob.

This is the Internet, where the asshole shits out triviliaties and jollies at others' deaths.

This is going to start a parent group that wants Naruto taken off the air because it's to adult, isn't it?

Uh, no, because there's practically zero case against Naruto. There's even a psychologist on ABC New's report that's flat-out said that no one is to blame here.

Whatever ignorant vocal minority that might speak out against this don't hold enough weight -- and believe me, a lot of them are chubby -- to have a cartoon banned just because some foolish ten-year-old and his friends lost any and all common sense.

XTheConX

Banned
I read about this yesterday and I'll say the same thing now as I did then:

Even I knew you couldn't control sand and stuff when I was 10 (and younger) and I have a VERY overactive imagination (in fact, I was refered to a psychiatrist because of it).

Heehehe same here. Exect the Psychiatrist part. I used to think i was a vampire cause i have two birthmarks on my neck across from each other. Lolz. this is a sad story.

daveshan

My little friend
This is the Internet, where the asshole shits out triviliaties and jollies at others' deaths.
You forgot that it's also where the pompous, holier-than-thou pricks try to put you down giving your honest opinions about something. Also, they usually do it by pulling a trick or two to get around the language filter.

Golde

Always Searching~
Even I knew you couldn't control sand and stuff when I was 10 (and younger) and I have a VERY overactive imagination (in fact, I was refered to a psychiatrist because of it).

Hmm, that's funny, I was refered to Ritalin because of it. lol. That's seriously one of the reasons they gave.

Do you know what it really is? The parents don't want to be blamed for their own incompitance.
"Oh darn, my kid got himself buried in sand, and he almost died. How can we make it not our fault?"

DMMT! I'm actually seriously enraged by this!
This is like that time that a kid jumped off his cabinet with a broom and split his head open after he read "Harry Potter"

"Let's sue!"

HK

Radiance of Shadows
You forgot that it's also where the pompous, holier-than-thou pricks try to put you down giving your honest opinions about something. Also, they usually do it by pulling a trick or two to get around the language filter.

Where did I state or imply that I consider myself better than either you or HC?

But if not thinking fondly of that someone thinks that a person dying is funny makes me a holier-than-thou prick, then I guess I am. And I'm sure everyone agrees with you no doubt buddy.

@HC: yea d00d

Phantom Gardevoir

Alphonse's Wifey XD
It's not funny, to be brutally honest, it makes me quite angry.

Number one, we've never let media influence who we are and what we do, so why are we doing it now?

And yes, I hate Naruto, to be honest, I want to gouge my eyes when I see it, but still! When I was ten I already knew Santa Claus didn't exist...where the hell were the parents in all of this?! They should be responsible and tell kids the difference between make-believe and rationality...although children should have quite an active imagination, that's just unacceptable. Again, parents should not solely rely on media to influence their children...Iam sad the child died, though.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
It's a type of influence, but I think it speaks volumes when the kid actually did it.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would think that the majority of kids would realize that you need air to breath. That none of those involved had the common sense to do this is astounding.

Also, while some blame can obviously be placed on the parents, you can't do so completely. They can only control what their kids watch and do so much... though, I would hope they would at least teach their children that burying a kid in sand isn't the brightest thing to do.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
That's really sad. However, I don't think Naruto is to blame. The parents, either. I mean, parents don't typically sit their children down and explain to them the dangers of burying their heads in the sand. Kids just do stupid stuff sometimes. Most of that stuff doesn't end in tragedy... it's just really unfortunate that it did in this case.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
I wondered where the parental supervision was while the children were playing in the sand.

Then again, if it's anything like a recent baby shower I went to that featured several adults letting their minor children run around while they stood around the keg, I'm honestly not that surprised.

The event is sad and I feel bad for their loss. I can't imagine what those that buried him in the sand must be feeling. That's a pretty heavy burden to be carrying around at such a young age.

Red Ryu

Well, this shows some kids are pretty stupid.

You have to admit though, we all did near stupid things at young ages without thinking about it.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Funny... I never knew Gaara was an Ostrich.

Srsly though.
When will society get stupider?

SudovVoOdO

The afro is powerful
this has nothing to do with naruto, just the dumbness of children... I still don't get the banned episodes of Pokémon.