• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh No! That One Was Shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needs a Deoxys

Has it ever been you're misfortune to accidentally Soft Reset away a shiny Pokemon that you've been trying extremely hard to get? Be it from getting into the habit of pressing either A+B+Start+Select or L+R+Start+Select as soon as you encounter the pokemon or from just not paying good enough attention? Or, have you been fortunate enough to run into a wild shiny but at the time you did not know what it was or realize that it was shiny?

By the way I'm just making this thread out of curiosity because I've been doing a lot of SRing lately and really hope that the former does not happen to me. I just wanna know if its a very common error to make because I (unfortunately) could see myself possibly doing it.

Leo The Lucario

No it never happened to me. If I was looking for shinies I would look at every pokemon I would run into. But if I was running and getting through a cave that could happen.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
Sring takes too much time. Especailly on the diamon/pearl/platinum games cause the starting sequence TAKES FOREVER. but if you are going for groudon shouldnt be long if you are playing a gameboy advance/SP. But if your using a Ds the starting sequence takes about 5-10 seconds longer..

itachi95

shiny hunter
I accidently SR'd over a shiny Registeel in Ruby. I got so ticked off that I quit the hunt. =D

Volteon

Back I guess??
Moved to my DP games ;D

and no, never happened to me =}

Needs a Deoxys

Wow, that really sucks! I'd be so angry if I SRd over this shiny Groudon after all of these hours and hours and days and days.

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
No, never SR'd because I don't go looking for Shinies, but I did once kill a Shiny Zigzagoon that I only realised was shiny as it was dying. ;_____;

Oh well~
Only Zigzagoon~

No, it has never happened to me. Then again, I've never encountered a shiny in my 3 yrs playing Pokemon...

Pikapalo

I was to busy reading up on stuff to help me in my game to notice I ran away from a brown Staravia. I was like... wait... was that Staravia brown.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

The only Shiny I ever saw and even caught myself was a Female Nidoran. Way back in LeafGreen. So no, I haven't accidentally ran from a Shiny. But it would really suck if it happened to me.

Last edited:

pichu_power

But Never Again...
Yeah, but my only failure was FAINTING a shiny! I found a shiny Koffing in Fiery Path in Ruby and I only had LV 50s with me...and I murdered it...:(

Altho, I believed I could try to find another, and after I got a Magnemite, I found a shiny Torkoal! :)

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I almost reset on my shiny Kyogre, but like 1/2 a second before I pressed A to restart, I noticed it was shiny and let go of the DS with my right hand (so I couldn't reset).

in leafgreen, i found a shiny chansey and i was jumping all over the place saying, "holy s***! i found a shiny chansey!" i threw a ball...one shake...no, two shakes... darn it got out! it watches carefully. i throw a ball...one shake...it gets out. wild chansey fled. ........i was so angry after that

I was EV training a while back on my Pearl game, and didn't have any pokeballs of any kind, and I ran into a Shiny Fearow. All I could do is say screw it, and faint the thing for the speed EV's.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
i fainted a shiny zigzagoon on my sapphire game once cuz my pokemon were too stron i found it north of rustuboro and i had saw it but accidentall fainted it cuz of a critical hit of all the rotten luck a critical hit to faint one of the only shiny pokemon i have ever found in the wild

Rabidmunchlax

Only had one shiny in my games and that was a shiny krikitune. It dead

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Urgh, yes, I've had tons of shiny fails!

Around a week or so ago, I was soft resetting in front of the Member Card Darkrai on Platinum while I was reading something online, and the shiny came up, but I accidentally soft resetted it away without thinking... oh the shame.

When I was playing though Platinum, I came across a shiny Gastrodon right when I was out of Pokeballs (and, as a matter of fact, just running to a town to get them :U).

When I first chained Kirlia, I found a shiny at a chain of three, but got so excited that I accidentally killed it. :U

The other day, I went into my old Silver for no reason (the internal battery was still alive, surprisingly), and found a shiny Rattata, but right as I was about to catch it, the batteries in the Game Boy died. That was just plain' unlucky. :O

The first time I played through Sapphire, I found a shiny Lunatone, but killed it before realizing that it was shiny.

I've also had many fails with the Poke Radar, accidentally missing shiny patches and/or being dumb and forgetting to put on Repel when heading to the patches. Or having ARTICUNO COME UP WHEN I'M CHAINING MALE NIDORAN. Anyway, that's pretty much everything. XD

Klozo

The Voyager
SRing off a shiny never happened to me, the only time a shiny escaped me was a wild Poochyena in Emerald, before gaining the ability to buy Pokeballs >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.