• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh nostalgia.

diggnation

Peace Sells
"Wow, this forum is still really active..." Was my first thought whilst logging in for the first time in a long time. I remember the days when I would scour the trading section looking for shiny pokemon. I was 11 back then. Now I'm 16, and boy has my life changed. I don't really play pokemon anymore for one. Pretty much every aspect of me has changed throughout those 5 years. I'll leave this little thread now. Feel free to post anything relavatory to this thread below.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
He's not a noob Lud he's been a member going on 5 years. Misc is fine for a triumphant return.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I know how you feel, diggnation. The forums have changed over the years. Some of us miss that old forum lag, others are missing the veterans and trolls that have eventually left. Others still wonder why they're still on a Pokémon website despite not liking Pokémon anymore. Those folks tend to hang around Miscellaneous, and that's fine. What I don't miss are my arrogant days where I was such a n00b. That nostalgia doesn't need to be there.

The number of members grow every day, so it's no wonder the forum is still active. Can't lose to Bulbapedia now.

I'm just surprised a lot of old accounts are still around. I think the day will come when Serebii Joe and crew go around deleting old accounts to clear up some space. That's what YouTube did. But alas, we're not YouTube. We're more civilized than that, and I think that's something to be proud of.

Oh, nostalgia indeed.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Uhm.. welcome back then?...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I didn't see anything in the first post he wanted to say "hi", Ludwig. He was just commenting on how much the forum has changed, and said we can talk about the nostalgia of it. It's pretty miscellaneous to me.

Ludwig

I didn't see anything in the first post he wanted to say "hi", Ludwig. He was just commenting on how much the forum has changed, and said we can talk about the nostalgia of it. It's pretty miscellaneous to me.

What he wrote summarizes to that he was gone and have returned.
He ended the post with "Feel free to post anything relavatory to this thread below.". Assuming that he meant relevant, the responses should be about his return.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
or about the feeling of nostalgia because of the changes around here from when he was here the last time,...?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What he wrote summarizes to that he was gone and have returned.
He ended the post with "Feel free to post anything relavatory to this thread below.". Assuming that he meant relevant, the responses should be about his return.

He mentioned the nostalgia of the forums. You have not been around as long as he has, so you don't understand how nostalgic the days were. That's what he's talking about, about how much the forums have changed since he first arrived. That's what relevant.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Is this thread about nostalgia itself or its connection to the forums?

Assuming the latter, I haven't been here long enough to have any sort of nostalgic feelings.

Anaya

Synthesis
I agree. I miss the days back in 2006 when I first joined. A lot has definitely changed. I was 14 when I joined and now I'm 20. I used to anticipate getting on after school and now I barely come on. How time flies...

diggnation

Peace Sells
Guys, I was referring to how we can all reminisce on the old days of SPPF. It's ridiculous that people would argue over such a little thing. Anyways, the one member I still see around is BCVM22. Man, I remember his posts. He hasn't changed one bit lol.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, diggnation, some of the people here have not been around for the good ol' nostalgic days, some for hardly a year. Perhaps if you had made it more clear in the first post, there wouldn't have been that dumb argument.

And speaking of the good ol' days, I miss chatting with a few people. They either got themselves banned (for some reason) or they just up-and-left. They were fun to talk to. But there's nothing I can do about it now, especially since it all happened on during my year-long hiatus.

I remember the first pokemon forum I ever went to. It was the original UPN boards, back when Serebii didn't exist yet.

There were two members who used to rule the roost. One was a lesbian mod and the other was a dude called Misty's TeaR. In those times radical pokeshipping supporters were like the gestapo because they would ban your account from the forums even if you were just opposed to shipping in general.
I was a newbiew, so I tried to be friendly with them. There was even one time I posted a pic of a busty Japanese model to appease the female mod and then she started to like me. But then there was a discussion about palletshipping vs pokeshipping. I made some innocuous comment about Gary knowing Ash best. Then the next day I go to the forum my account was banned.

Since then I didn't join any pokemon boards until a decade later. Even though things change they still remain the same online.

Last edited:

diggnation

Peace Sells
Well, diggnation, some of the people here have not been around for the good ol' nostalgic days, some for hardly a year. Perhaps if you had made it more clear in the first post, there wouldn't have been that dumb argument.

And speaking of the good ol' days, I miss chatting with a few people. They either got themselves banned (for some reason) or they just up-and-left. They were fun to talk to. But there's nothing I can do about it now, especially since it all happened on during my year-long hiatus.

Yeah lol. I remember back in the day I didn't make any friends here. I was here for business only. (Trading shinier)