• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Oh, the dilemma!

Which of the evolutions would you evolve a Shiny Eevee into?

• Shiny Espeon

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Shiny Umbreon

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Shiny Vaporeon

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Shiny Jolteon

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Shiny Flareon

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Nope, I'm keeping Shiny Eevee the way it is.

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipissing

Cascade Trainer
Here it goes.

After many, many times of soft resetting, you finally got a shiny Eevee. And now here comes the dilemma:

What are you gonna evolve it into?

Shiny Espeon?
Shiny Umbreon?
Shiny Vaporeon?
Shiny Jolteon?
or Shiny Flareon?

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Umbreon. Trust me. BUT.

If you have an Emerald version, trade it over and do the cloning glitch.

Now you have backups.

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
I'd go with Espeon. It's so pretty! And the most useful.

But wait until it learn baton pass first.

Espeon@leftovers
psychic
baton pass
calm mind
substitute

Dan©

Ace Pitcher #57
Umbreon for sure, the blue is sooo sick.

And read above w/ the cloning glitch.

Jax Malcolm

Pokémon Collector
It depends on what you want. Espeon's a good special sweeper, Umbreon's a trap-passer who laughs at many physical attackers, Vaporeon's a special attacker/tank/Baton Passer, Jolteon's just a Dugtrio killer, and Flareon... Well, let's just say few battlers even bother with Flareon.

Personally, though, I like Umbreon. Though it's highly predictable (seeing as pretty much the only thing it can do decently is trap and Baton Pass), it's still the best Eeveelution for that job.

Standard set goes as so:

Bold Umbreon @ Leftovers
(Synchronize)
- Mean Look/Curse
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight/Wish

Above is pretty much what you'll see most of the time. People either use Mean Look to perform your basic trap-pass, or they'll opt for passing the stat boosts (and, okay, the Speed decrease) with a Curse + Baton Pass combination. Taunt is for the pHazers (naturally). Moonlight is for healing up, especially to survive stat boosting if you're going with stat passing, although Wish is nice too. (I've heard it works better, but I'm the sort who prefers instant results when it comes to healing moves.)

Good luck!

Edit Note: Yes, many team building gurus will probably tell you that Umbreon can pull off Baton Passing better than Espeon, although it's debatable when it comes to Umbreon vs. Vaporeon. Espeon is usually used as a special sweeper (or, in Smogon's opinion, tank), although it's sometimes used to pass special stat boosts with Calm Mind and Baton Pass. Really, there's no point in passing, in my opinion, given the fact that Espeon has the movepool and stats to just Morning Sun and waste the opponent with Psychic/Hidden Power after boosting its own stats. It's not quite as awesome as Alakazam or Gardevoir in that department, but hey, with 130 SA, no one's going to question what that baby can do.

Unfortunately, if you've already got a special sweeper/tank on your team, you might as well go with Umbreon. I personally prefer Umbreon more for the simple reason that I'm evil.

Last edited:

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
I think I'd go with the aforementioned cloning suggestion, though my favourite of the five is Shiny Umbreon.

Canis Lupus

I got a Shiny Eevee? Yay me, it's my first shiny!

Well, I would evolve it into Vaporeon because, Vaporeon is cool. But still... According to your first post, I got a Shiny. YAY ME!

Smear

Not Beginner Trainer
Clone them, if not Umbreon is so much cooler. But I would probably look at its nature and decide based on that.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Umbreon. The blue and black is just awesome.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Well, it would depend on which Eeveelution I was planning on evolving it into, since that would be the only time I would soft reset to get a shiny. :p

But I'll pick Umbreon anyway. He just looks so cool and mysterious with those blue stripes, and me having a shiny Umbreon would make my sister so jealous.

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
Please take advantage and clone it like 400+ times

Then take 6 eevee's and evolve them... into your personal collection

Then trade all the other ones to people for Shiny's or other Rare pokemon like a Feebas or Milotic

But mosty trade for other shiny's... That's what I'm gonna do with my shiny Mighteyana (Shiny all pokemon here I come muahahahah!)

Umbreon or Espeon.

Though I would clone it.

Status
Not open for further replies.