• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ohko moves

lucario beast

i jus hate these i dont these should hav been envited was fighting a rainer on route 13 the trainers pokemon like seaking and goldenn all of there horn drills hit my pokemon knocking out 5 of mine what are you thoughts on these moved discuss

[/ENGLISH]

I just hate these. I don't think these should have been invented. I was fighting a trainer on route thirteen he had a seaking and golden. All of their horn drills OHKO my pokemon. Knocking out five of my team. What are you thoughts on OHKO moves?

[ENGLISH]

Beastiken9

Under construction
KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS YOU!!!!! Or sturdy...... OHKO moves are counterable, and only a few AI actually have them.

Rakurai

They're awful, and seem to exist solely so the AI can hax you out of a win streak in a Frontier attraction or the Battle Subway.

The worst offenders being the slow durable Pokemon with a Quick Claw and a OHKO move.

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
I remember fighting a seaking in ruby version and it took out all of my pokemon, it inspired me to make my own seaking which of course was terrible :(

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
That's why sturdy was invented, to counter all the Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, and (As of 3rd Gen) Shear Cold users. Of coarse, if he managed to KO five of your pokemon with horn drill, that Seaking must have been EXTREMELY lucky, because none of the said moves are very accurate.

Whimsicott

Hmm...
Yeh, kill it before it kills you. It only happened to me twice in my life playing Pokemon.
If it hits me constantly, I would really be pissed. OHKO moves are annoying. (if it works)
Oh yeh, does Perish Song count?
I like using Perish Song on a Pokemon and then trapping it. OHKO if it works.

Last edited:

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
I absolutely hate these moves. They are terrible when you use them, but computers have extreme luck, so it's an OHKO.
I usually encounter Rhydon with OHKO moves when I'm training at Victory Road. And of course it always hits, so I have to go back to the Pokecenter, try again, and hope I don't find another. It would be fine if I wasn't trying to train, but since there's no other reason to go there...
Then there's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, where Perish Song can be considered as one. No switching, no escape, no questions. It's an automatic death.
>.< Like I said before, I hate these moves.

I don't really hate these moves, the bad accuracy is usually on my side. But I do find them useless. In-game and competitive.

I never have any of these moves because of the poor accuracy. I'll take a powerful move with an accuracy of, at least, 70 over 30 any day.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I think the moves are valid, but I think they can be cheap. Especially when the AI hits you 3+ times in a row with it ... that's not luck, that's hax. :/

I don't think it's unfair to use in competitive, but I would be very irritated if someone sweeped me with a OHKO move. Since that would really be luck over skill .....

However, I think it's nice if the trainers are down to their last Pokemon, the next turn is going to KO the Pokemon, and that Pokemon lands a OHKO to steal the win. :p