• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I really miss the old Cartoon Network shows, like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken etc. Those cartoons are way better than today's cartoons.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I like today's cartoons, except for the crappy ones like 'Almost-Naked Animals'.

I miss the old ones, too! It feel like just yesterday I was watching Code Lyoko.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
have you ever though that it is just as good and you have simple grown up and the old shows you still enjoy due to nostalgia.

A lot of people are so blinded by nostalgia that they miss out a lot of good stuff that's available in modern day, not just with TV, but other things as well. I was born in the 80s, grew up with 90s/00s cartoons. Yet I do enjoy a lot of cartoons today: Ben10 (only from Alien Force onward, though), Regular Show, Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, TMNT 2012, etc. I think the 90s began a trend with cartoons of giving them more depth, less moralizing, and being more innovative, which is something that carried into today's cartoons.

Hilda

I really miss the old Cartoon Network shows, like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken etc. Those cartoons are way better than today's cartoons.

My Cartoon Network still shows them sometimes. But yeah, the newer ones are usually bad, except Gumball, The Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
My Cartoon Network still shows them sometimes. But yeah, the newer ones are usually bad, except Gumball, The Regular Show and Adventure Time.

You are right, I rarely check CN on the guide if the old cartoons will show, but I feel not the same when I was a kid enjoying every new episode that launches. Also I forgot one cartoon that I really love, Tom and Jerry, a classic one.

BGP_

I agree with you there. They were doing a cartoon network marathon the other week and had tons of the great old classic shows on. Compare that to today's shows....it's just embarrassing really

WildHennaCharizard

You are right, I rarely check CN on the guide if the old cartoons will show, but I feel not the same when I was a kid enjoying every new episode that launches. Also I forgot one cartoon that I really love, Tom and Jerry, a classic one.

A lot of the old CN shows are on Boomarang including Powerpuff girls,Dexter's lab and really old shows from the 80s like fantasnic Max.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This is a little off-topic, since ith as more to do with Nickelodeon, but I still think it's relevant. During Christmas, I spent a lot of time with the seven year old daughter of a family friend. At one part, when she was sick, I was watching a much newer Spongebob holiday special. I told her about how Spongebob started when I was young (maybe when I was around eight or so) and named a few of the older episodes that I enjoyed growing up. She recognized all of them and said she enjoys them, along with the newer episodes. She also mentioned liking Tom and Jerry at one point, which pleasantly surprised me.

Though it's more of a Nickelodeon example and I'm not a huge fan of post-movie Spongebob, I think more people should be like her. Accept the new with the old.

Arceusgamer14

Wait I thought they would get better because of Gumball, Adventure Time and Regular Show!
are they still airing crappy shows like Mad TV (The crappy version of Robot Chicken) and God-awful Live action shows!?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Don't know about MAD TV, but they are still showing live action stuff.

Which is really the only gripe I have with them. Other than that, they're doing better than the other cartoon channels and certainly better than they were in 2007-2009 or so.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Really? I thought Boomerang was losing viewers. Maybe I read that awhile ago, though.

And really, a channel like Boomerang isn't a very good idea anyway. There's never any new, original shows; just stuff you've seen before that you'll tire of eventually.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Really? I thought Boomerang was losing viewers. Maybe I read that awhile ago, though.

And really, a channel like Boomerang isn't a very good idea anyway. There's never any new, original shows; just stuff you've seen before that you'll tire of eventually.
They're speeding through old Pokemon episodes that for sure... I think they're already a DP in just about 3-4 months of starting in Johto :|

They're speeding through old Pokemon episodes that for sure... I think they're already a DP in just about 3-4 months of starting in Johto :|

Shame, the old episodes are great. They shouldn't speed like that, IMO.

Anyway CN is a decent station nowadays and a few of their programs like Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Generator Rex are great. Others aren't so great. I'm actually more into Nick's stuff nowadays.

Best thing is the Adult Swim Toonami Block. It's been getting much, much better these days.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy

I don't see why it's not a good idea. I mean look at how many people complain that the new shows aren't as good as those older ones, they actually prefer watching the older shows even if they've seen them before. But really the fact that the network is still up and looking healthy speaks for itself.

I don't think they're really speeding at all, it's the same as it's been for Boomerang since they started airing Pokemon, once a day, 5 days a week. Of course it's gonna be faster than the once a week thing that the new episodes air on, they're moving at Kids WB pace on Boomerang.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't see why it's not a good idea. I mean look at how many people complain that the new shows aren't as good as those older ones, they actually prefer watching the older shows even if they've seen them before. But really the fact that the network is still up and looking healthy speaks for itself.

True, but I think the schedule's kinda weird at times, and there's just a lot of shows that are on really late at night that shouldn't be (whether it deserves it or not). Like I actually watched an episode of The Smurfs when it was on at like 2-3 in the morning. I had no idea what was going on, I was so damn tired, I swear I was tripping out. But at least DVR counts toward the ratings, thankfully. (Not that I would want to watch The Smurfs anyway.)

Now is it just all full of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are there old cartoons from the 90s/early 2000s on there as well? *looks* Oh hey, Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack! Man, I wish my grandparents had Boomerang now. But yeah, looks like the schedule keeps changing from time to time. Don't know why it's not more consistent, but they have to fit all these shows on there somehow.

gohan5

Irisboy
True, but I think the schedule's kinda weird at times, and there's just a lot of shows that are on really late at night that shouldn't be (whether it deserves it or not). Like I actually watched an episode of The Smurfs when it was on at like 2-3 in the morning. I had no idea what was going on, I was so damn tired, I swear I was tripping out. But at least DVR counts toward the ratings, thankfully. (Not that I would want to watch The Smurfs anyway.)

Now is it just all full of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are there old cartoons from the 90s/early 2000s on there as well? *looks* Oh hey, Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack! Man, I wish my grandparents had Boomerang now. But yeah, looks like the schedule keeps changing from time to time. Don't know why it's not more consistent, but they have to fit all these shows on there somehow.

Yeah I understand what you mean about the programming, but at least it does change up after a while. And they have these promotions and things, where some of the shows that may not have an ideal spot get a chance to be shown, so that's good. And like you said, they just have a lot of shows to choose from and that they have the rights to, I mean we're talking at least half a century worth of shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.