• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbounded

Wild Flygon Appeared
How about bringing back Ed Edd Eddy? AND WHAT ABOUT TIME SQUAD, AND JOHNNY BRAVO!

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... I was never a huge fan of Cartoon Network's original programming. I thought their strength was aquiring a bunch of good properties from other networks and airing them. Most of the origional shows they had throughout their run were decent but I wasn't fanatical about them even as a child.

I commend them for at least trying to have a variety of programming. They're not like a certain other network that relies on two to three extremely popular longrunning series and spams them across their timeslots.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I commend them for at least trying to have a variety of programming. They're not like a certain other network that relies on two to three extremely popular longrunning series and spams them across their timeslots.

With how much they air Regular Show, I'm not too sure.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I find it funny that even after 3yrs, people still act like everything on Cartoon Network is sh!t. While I will say this, a large portion of their programming is a bit ridiculous, there's a small amount of good shows.

The only shows that I find amusing are
Ben 10/Ultimate Alien/Omniverse.
Pokemon Black and White Rival Destinies.
The Looney Tunes Show (assuming they continue it.)
Regular Show (Why is this show hated by so many kids 13-14?)

And a few of the old shows on Boomerang.

Cartoon Network has actually gotten better since they've abandoned the live action era. Which is the main reason people seem to hate them. With the exception of that one new show.

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
That's reasonable. Saying you hate a show and it sucks even though you haven't seen a single episode of it. Perfectly sensible.

Just from the previews of the episodes I can see that it's not a good show. Because it's all about how they protray the show and it sucked. So that's why I never watch a single episode.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
Just from the previews of the episodes I can see that it's not a good show. Because it's all about how they protray the show and it sucked. So that's why I never watch a single episode.

I don't like the commercials either. They don't do the show justice for people who don't view them ironically, which is something no one who doesn't watch the show would do. So they aren't good commercials.

Last edited:

GreatGonzales

The Master
Guys, CN is not "Ruined Forever" or anything like that most just are in the http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PeripheryDemographic periphery demographic which mean that you are not the target auidence anymore and or just grown out of it. It hasn't gotten any worse since we were kids. The only reason why we remember it so fondly is because the good stuff it worth remembering. We had stupid stuff we were kids too. The only time you can say CN is ruined forever is when the network is solely dominated by live-action programming.

I don't know about my fellow users here, but this is certainly not the case with me. Most of the shows are cartoon network are just senseless now. Heck, most of the shows don't even have plots. Literally. They do not have plots. At all. Destroy build destroy? Dude what would happen? It's terrible. They are indeed live action programs, and CN will fall once it is dominated by these shows, as you mentioned. Nickelodeon has suffered this fate. But this isn't about nick.

If your statement was true, don't you think the point of view that says "CN now sucks" would cause a gradual change for those who adopted it? Not just one day "CN is my life" and the next "omg this is so not lol I hate CN like totally forever". If what you were saying applied, than this thread would have been made quite some time ago. CN fans have quickly grown tired of the rapid banishment of good shows.

Like many others I only enjoy RegShow and Adventure time.

terminoob

The Underdog
Besides a few shows that aren't that great, I don't see anything to hate about CN.

Pokemon, Cartoon Planet, Looney Tunes (both the reruns and the new show), Young Justice (my personal favorite), Green Lantern, Star Wars, Adventure Time, Regular Show, the odd rerun of an "oldie" like Ed Edd n' Eddy or KND, Ben 10, Generator Rex... heck, they even brought back Toonami (because apparently fans hate change and couldn't cope with the fact they took it off the air).

Unless people are bashing the new shows because they aren't what they grew up with and hate change and wish they'd bring back all the old shows and give them new episodes and never ever take them off the air so everyone can feel like they're 7 again, then I'm not exactly seeing a problem. Shows end. New shows start. You're big kids now; if you refuse to watch anything but old shows then go buy the DVDs and stop trying to bash a network that you aren't in the target demographic for.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I find it funny that even after 3yrs, people still act like everything on Cartoon Network is sh!t. While I will say this, a large portion of their programming is a bit ridiculous, there's a small amount of good shows.

The only shows that I find amusing are

It's funny you mention those shows, because none of them are good.
They got rid of good shows like Chowder and Flapjack for this c**p!?
Implying Flapjack was ever a good show.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I just think the quality of CNs shows have really degenerated over the years. Adventure time is funny, but it can be a bit...gross at times to say the least. I'm not a fangirl, but I'm also not a hater. I'm just telling you all my personal opinion of this 'debate' or statement rather.

Okay this one was bearable.
Dialogue is too cheesy.
Man this show is so freaking annoying. I don't know why they put it back. My God it is so boring. It's not interesting in the least nor is it funny. It just pisses me off so much.
This one is just plain stupid.

Twentington

Outta here!
The only show I really would watch on there is Adventure Time, and maybe some of the older cartoons on Boomerang.

I'll never truly understand why they even tried that. (It's called CARTOON Network!) I honestly believe it was an attempt to try to replace Toonami and bring in the audience that loved that block with more "action". I never watched any of the CN Real stuff and I'm glad it's gone. The only show left that's live action is Level Up, which doesn't seem interesting to me. Just too over the top for live action.

I'm a firm believer that the execs were trying to turn it into another kids network, like Nick or Disney Channel. (Ironically, the execs are apparently against animation, which leaves one wondering what they're doing running a CARTOON network.)

(For the record, I watched Brainrush at one point and sort of liked it. Then again, I'm a fan of game shows, so that's expected.)

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

I really don't like any of the shows on CN. They're all unoriginal and, for the most part, rely on cheap stupid humor rather than actual humor.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I don;'t have CN but I've watch the cartoons these kids are having to watch and they really SUCK. That's my opinion. The cartoons I had were pretty great and funny, also they don't have to tell 'Don't try this at home!' Kids now adays try almost anything from what they see in cartoons >.> nya~

Status
Not open for further replies.