• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
No one's mentioned Mystery Incorporated yet? THAT should get CN back on its feet.

Highly doubt it! It's been on for like a year, and I tuned out after a few episodes.

I thought Total Drama was a great show, actually. I've only watched CN for certain shows in the last few years:

-Star Wars: the Clone Wars
-Adventure Time
-Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
-Regular Show
-Total Drama (Island, Action, and World Tour, I hate Revenge)
-6teen (amazing Canadian show)
-Stoked (another amazing Canadian show)
-Ben 10 (original and the newer series)
-Generator Rex

Mystery Incorporated has an overarching plot through each episode, has amazing character development, and its entire plot is amazing. I didn't like the early shows, but the later ones are simply amazing.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Meh, difference of opinion. I can't stand this repetitive spinoff that tries to make some shred of a joke by breaking the 4th wall every episode. The only good Scooby-Doo was the original series.

blackterminator3

The only shows I watch is Adventure time and Pokemon Black & White. The rest are just not as funny or tolerable. I have all the King of the Hill Dvd's so I won't include them.

Swagsire

Ugh. This worries me. CN has had crap before this era, and there's no turn. You're just too old or too impaitent anymore. Mike, Lu and Og were Garbage, Robot Jones was junk and even Ed Edd n' Eddy took MASSIVE paitence to watch. what it comes down to in my mind is you cant bare to wait for the humor, and its just as bad as it used to be. Truthfully, most of the mid to old series like KND, or Bill and Mandy, Dexter and Gym Partner had like, 1-3 ACTUALLY funny episodes, as in, not breathing heavily as you strain yourself to falsely laugh. Fosters was great, Chowder had its charm and Lazlo wasnt awful. I will say this, Adventure Time and Regular Show are great, IF you take them right. The reasons these shows are love and hate is the humor is almost entirely hidden in most cases, and undeveloped minds DONT FEEL LIKE LOOKING FOR IT. So it just looks stupid. Tell an adult whose not nostalgiaing hard to watch KND and see if its funny. With TV the thing is, if you see a funny episode, you will go down with it as it sinks to death, dying to laugh at it. Also, every old show reborn will have critics. Because some people can't stand to see 'their series' changed, but if it wasn't done they'd complain about it like this thread. Humans Qwaa ;195;

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Umm, people complained about those shows alot too.
Yeah, Chowder and Flapjack's material is hit and miss. Although they got rid of the shows, they do have repeats of those among a few others which is something that Nickelodeon doesn't do with their older shows that have ended their run.

Also, a tad off topic, the latest Ben 10 special...finally, CGI has annoyed me in some way.

dd1zzle

Yeah, Chowder and Flapjack's material is hit and miss. Although they got rid of the shows, they do have repeats of those among a few others which is something that Nickelodeon doesn't do with their older shows that have ended their run.

Also, a tad off topic, the latest Ben 10 special...finally, CGI has annoyed me in some way.

Well people are going to complain about almost every cartoon. It'll be hard to create a cartoon that everyone likes and no matter how many season, it'll eventually get bad.

Mr.Billehh

I actually liked unnatural history because it had plot and decent hour long episodes but other than this live action show they were really really bad.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I am fed up with CN because they not only canceled Sym-Bionic Titan but also two live-actions show that I somewhat liked by the names of Unnatural History and Tower Prep. Not only that but that slowly killed of Mystery Incorporated and the fate of Young Justice is questionable at best. William Street did bring Toonami back but I always saw CN and AS as separate. The still put Toonami at a horrible time-slot though. I could go on but I will end it here.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
I agree. Cartoon Network is taking a turn for the worse. Shows like "Level Up" (which aren't even cartoons for goodness sakes!) are on there. Just really annoying shows. I really miss the CN of the late 90's-mid 2000's. Shows like Ed,Edd,'n Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Justice League, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. The only reason I watch Cartoon Network is for the Pokemon series and The Looney Tunes Show.

CuriousHeartless

Ah the complainers. Look people, I grew up and love the old shows as much as anyone. I absolutely adore older shows. I record every rerun of Samurai Jack, love watching Courage and shows like that. But stop the complaining. Every time I see someone saying that everything on there nowadays, I want to reach through their computer and punch them. You aren't cool, you aren't original, you aren't a genius for complaining about everything new. So just shut up. I'm accepting of opinions, but everyone just saying the same thing the same thing and complaining over and over is annoying.

I personally think Cartoon Network is on an upturn after that whole CN Real deal. And I really didn't hate everything on CN Real, just Destroy, Build, Destroy and Dude What Would Happen? I liked that quiz show on roller coasters and the other things on there and was disappointed with Unnatural History and Tower Prep being cancelled. We get it people, 'It's called Cartoon Network, anything that is on there that isn't a cartoon is utter blasphemy and the work of Satan to ruin our childhoods.' Are things never allowed to change in the slightest?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
You know, I remember and liked the shows of the old Cartoon Network and am not exactly a fan of this new Cartoon Network, but this whole thread sounds like a lot of instances of people shifting blame for having a similar stance from themselves and their growing up onto the network. Because, you know, if you dislike something, it has to be because it sucks. Granted, I'm not being very fair here, either, but is it really fair to pin this on the network so exclusively?

dd1zzle

You say this...

But still watch these terrible shows.

In his defense, Pokémon isn't terrible, just the voice acting (at least in my opinion). The Looney Tunes Show isn't the worst thing on television though. Big bang theory.....UGHHHHH!

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
In his defense, Pokémon isn't terrible, just the voice acting (at least in my opinion). The Looney Tunes Show isn't the worst thing on television though. Big bang theory.....UGHHHHH!

That's right. Pokemon isn't a terrible show at all (this is what these forums are about after all!) The Looney Tunes Show is a really fresh take on those original Chuck Jones cartoons. It has such a funny sitcom feel to it; definitely one of my favs on CN.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Pokemon is a terrible show, but seeing as this is a Pokemon forum, listing the reasons why would be seen as trolling. I'll give it points for doing it's job though.

As for the Lonney Tunes Show, it doesn't measure up to the orignals at all. The Road Runner Shorts are the worst.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Pokemon is a terrible show, but seeing as this is a Pokemon forum, listing the reasons why would be seen as trolling. I'll give it points for doing it's job though.

As for the Lonney Tunes Show, it doesn't measure up to the orignals at all. The Road Runner Shorts are the worst.

I must admit, the Road Runner shorts aren't my favorites. But the show itself is made really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.