• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilda

Adventure Time, The Regular Show and Gumball!!! They show a lot of Cow and Chicken, Courage The Cowardly Dog, I am Weasel, Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo lately.

I never really cared much for Cartoon Network anymore. It was the sh*t back in the 2000's, and I'm glad to see some shows have continued to this day.

Otherwise, right now the only thing I'd watch on CN is the Pokemon anime, not even kidding.

fixthe_fernback

I am a fic-man
I never really cared much for Cartoon Network anymore. It was the sh*t back in the 2000's, and I'm glad to see some shows have continued to this day.

Otherwise, right now the only thing I'd watch on CN is the Pokemon anime, not even kidding.

I find that a bit sad considering CN has a lot of fantastic programming right now. Adventure Time, Regular Show and Young Justice, specifically, but that's enough for me, especially when you look at networks like Nickelodeon whose only decent shows they've been carrying for nearly a decade now.

But, y'know, to each his own, right?

So how many of you think that CN's decision to cancel Young Justice and Green Lantern will affect their ratings? Last year was CN's most watched year in history and they seem to have a lot of popular shows airing right now and that will air in 2013. So I don't think it will really affect them that much but I was wondering what everyone else thought.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Blech, cartoonnetwork can die seriously. Keeping trash like adventure time and the regular show over awesome shows like young justice >_<...

Grimer

Pokemon #088
Yeah I agree, although it's definitely not getting worse at the rate that Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are. I do like Adventure Time, and Regular Show a tad bit, though.

LizardonX

Banned
I still remember the days when I tbought boomerang was crap and CN was awesome. Now with the powers of nostalgia things have flipped.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Adventure Time and Regular Show are 2 of the highest rated shows on CN right now. Don't blame me for that though. I don't watch them XD

I don't give a flying **** lol, shows like that shouldn't even exist.

Also another problem I have is with all the live action crap, really?? Have you seen your name!! There shouldn't be any real people on cartoonnetwork.

Estellise

peachy
Also another problem I have is with all the live action crap, really?? Have you seen your name!! There shouldn't be any real people on cartoonnetwork.

I wouldn't have a problem with the live action stuff... if it was actually quality tv. But, no, of course they have to be crappy rip-offs of SNL...

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Most of the live action shows have been axed and Adventure Time/Regular Show are some of the best shows on the channel. I know cutting YJ/GL was pretty crap but at least more shows will come.

If you want a show they shouldn't have axed it's Sym Bonic Titan.

SilverFox

So sly
I only ever watch Adult Swim, but not much lately. I miss the old Adult Swim, where they had shows like Space Ghost, Sealab, Frisky Dingo, etc. 2007 is when it stopped being really good.

FairGamer9215

If you want a show they shouldn't have axed it's Sym Bonic Titan.

The show is indeed good, but putting stuff like this in it didn't sit well with some parents...I personally don't think its THAT big of a deal, but I can also see why it would make some uneasy.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The show is indeed good, but putting stuff like this in it didn't sit well with some parents...I personally don't think its THAT big of a deal, but I can also see why it would make some uneasy.

o_O Wow. Yeah, I can see that not sitting well with parents. But I still really like Sym-Bionic Titan, it's a shame it got cancelled so quickly. Do you guys think they might make more on Toonami?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

WHOA THERE. I have no idea what the context of the episode was, let alone what the entire show was about, but that scene came out of freakin' nowhere. Yeah, no, none of that for the kiddies. If they wanted some fanservice from that character, they should've made it much more subtle than that.

Then again, Ren and Stimpy got away with a lot of stuff like that. But that was during the animation age ghetto, anything goes as long as the radar doesn't catch it.

Kokatsu

I really wish CN got more action shows. With YJ and GL gone for action we only have the new Batman and Omniverse (I like Omniverse) Pokemon too but I remember back when they had a bunch of live action Totally Spies,Rave Master,Idaten Jump,Yugioh GX,Zatch Bell,Megas etc

WHOA THERE. I have no idea what the context of the episode was, let alone what the entire show was about, but that scene came out of freakin' nowhere. Yeah, no, none of that for the kiddies. If they wanted some fanservice from that character, they should've made it much more subtle than that.

Then again, Ren and Stimpy got away with a lot of stuff like that. But that was during the animation age ghetto, anything goes as long as the radar doesn't catch it.

Was it even for kids though? I keep hearing certain shows air on CN that are not aimed at kids but Teens and Adults like YJ. Now I don't know the exact demo CN is aiming for so can't be certain just wondering.

It is kinda odd however. Lots of people in my school have like grade school kids who watch Jersey Shore or Housewives and they are only in 6-10 but my friends and I watch more of the kiddy stuff XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.