1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, I've got 20 minutes.... [RMT]

Discussion in '5th Gen In-Game RMT' started by [GS], May 29, 2012.

1. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

Having another go at Black. Probably just going to trade eggs to a new file, so I can make changes.*

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Metal Coat
    Adamant Nature
    *Technician*
    » Bullet Punch
    » Rock Smash
    » Swords Dance
    » Bug Bite

Why? Because I can. I know I'm gonna beat the game so I may as well be able to plow through it. Rock Smash gets the Technician boost and can drop Def. I may not go for Roost, as it'd have to be from 4th gen.*

[​IMG]
    Lanturn @ Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    *Volt Absorb*
    » Surf
    » Ice Beam
    » Thunder Wave
    » Thunderbolt/Charge Beam

Yaaaay. Obligatory Bolt/Beam resist. BoltBeam for coverage, Surf for STAB and traveling, and TWave to annoy. Charge beam is there for sweeping maybe?

[​IMG]
    Honchkrow @ Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    *Super Luck*
    » Sucker Punch
    » Night Slash
    » Brave Bird
    » Roost

I've always been a fan of Honchkrow. Sucker Punch for attackers and Night Slash for alternate STAB, Brave Bird destroys and Roost heals the recoil.*

[​IMG]
    Tentacruel @ Poison Barb
    Modest Nature
    *Clear Body*
    » Acid Spray
    » Hydro Pump/Scald
    » Ice Beam
    » Sludge Bomb

I like jellyfish, they remind me of a Gorillaz song.. Acupressure is fun sometimes, Acid Spray is almost like a free NP and STAB, Hydro Pump is for max damage and Ice Beam for coverage.*

[​IMG]
    Torterra*
    Adamant Nature
    *Overgrow*
    » Seed Bomb
    » Earthquake
    » Rock Slide
    » Rock Polish/Synthesis

Obligatory turtle. Standard is standard, and I'm lazy /:

[​IMG]
    Chandelure @ Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    *Flame Body*
    » Pain Split
    » Fire Blast
    » Energy Ball
    » Shadow Ball

Never used it before, so I figured I'd try it out. Fire Blast/Shadow Ball for STAB, Energy Ball to deal with water types. Pretty simple.*

2. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

If you want more of a bulky 'terra,use this set:

Torterra @Leftovers
    Adamant l Overgrow
    • Seed Bomb
    • Earthquake
    • Rock Slide
    • Curse

The rest of the team is fine,cool team Joe :)

3. edonub

edonub Well-Known Member

brick break over rock smash, 15 more base power factoring in technician, destroying screens is nice, and most importantly, defense drops are useless: if you're at +2 attack, you want raw power rather than stat drops.
    bug bite/x-scissor over u-turn, to have at least one move that hits really hard anything that doesnt outspeed you (bug bite has 90 base power with tecnician, 135 with stab). Plus, you don't really want to switch out if you run a boosting set, roost is always good of course.

Tentacruel's moveset looks so random... Since it's pretty damn specially bulky, you could consider Toxic over Acupressure (which is luck based). Acid spray's only super effective hit is already covered by Ice Beam, making it quite useless. Remember that this thing learns Giga Drain from gen IV, or you can simply go with sludge bomb/wave for a more solid secondary stab that does not miss one time out of five.

Rock polish torterra is stupidly good ingame, at least it was on gen IV, I'd suggest using that

anything else looks pretty good.

4. peacemaker987

peacemaker987 Custom User Title

^ Rock Smash is almost like a wallbreaking move, there's only so much a few SD's will do. It's better to be able to drop them and have the boost too.
    I agree with U-turn though, it just seems very desperate for in-game purposes, perhaps Quick Attack or Bug Bite? But Bug Bite's boring... bro.

I like the Acid Spray idea. Do damage while "setting up"... if it wasn't guaranteed to -2 I'd get rid of it though...
    Scald > Hydro Miss.

Synthesis is another option for slot 4 on TMNT xD

Cool team.

5. chap196

chap196 Well-Known Member

For Scizor
    Use Substitue or Bug Bite instead of Roost if you can't get it from 4th gen, Bug Bite for a great STAB move or Substitue to make Sciaor more harder to defeat and it may give you more chance to let Scisor use Sword Dance. My recommend item is Life Orb or Leftover because Life Orb give more Attack by 1.3 or Leftover to gain Scisor HP every turn.

Hope this help

6. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

@ Logan: I'll probably stick with Rock Polish, but thanks tho.

@ edonub: I don't mind the slight power loss, and I find the Def drop more useful in game than breaking screens. I do agree with you about Bug Bite, I'll add that over U-Turn.

Tentacruel's set isn't that random. An attack to drop SpD and then attacks to sweep. Acupressure is random, so I may switch it with Sludge Bomb.

@ Jordan: it is boring, but movepool.. ):

I do loves Synthesis, I'll slash it in.

Thanks dudes.

7. Kojondo3

Kojondo3 LPFan of nuggetbridg

How about Rain Dish and Rain Dance on the Tentacruel? It's great to abuse its ability. Also, it allows Torterra and Scizor to have some more sustainability

8. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

If you use Synthesis on Torterra, use Wood Hammer for moar power as you don't need to worry about recoil.

Hmm, Rain Dance does benefit all your team apart from Chandelure, but if you're using Chandelure under rain you could always use Shadow Ball/Energy Ball until the Rain stops in 2-5 turns.

9. Aura Sensei™

Aura Sensei™ User Title

You could use Chandelure as a revenge killer...Just an idea.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
    Modest l Flame Body
    • Fire Blast
    • Shadow Ball
    • Energy Ball
    • Flamethrower

I don't wantz to do teh explainingz whyareyousogoodatmakingteams?