• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OK, What is Better? Hikaru no GO or Death Note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
Hikaru no GO is about a boy who comes into contact with a member of the Fujiwara clan of Heian-Japan that was a GO player to the emperor of Heian(present-day Kyoto) and begins training him in the ways of GO.

Death Note is about an adult high school genius who is granted the Death Note, a mysterious journal that, when a name is written in it, the person whose name it dies, by a shinigami(death god) named Ryuk.

Which one is better? I love GO very much but Death Note is the most intelligent and clever manga I have ever read. Im neutral I guess. ;350;

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Death Note by far is a better manga its dark and cool insted of a silly game.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
Ok 1.) you have just insulted every person in the world that plays GO with a love for the game, including me. 2.) GO is by far a silly game. It is the 2nd most popular game in the world, Chess being 1st, and anyone who dearly plays it would not like it being called silly. 3.) you know nothing about GO so don't say anything about the game if you are ignorant about it;350;

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Two of my favorite manga ever.

I can answer this truthfully.

Hikaru no Go.

I've read it five teams; each time it seems new, interesting and a great story of development. Death Note is great; Part II DID LACK, but it was still great for me. But Hikaru no Go is something that doesn't lack at ANY PART except the last chapter because it was rushed.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
Two of my favorite manga ever.

I can answer this truthfully.

Hikaru no Go.

I've read it five teams; each time it seems new, interesting and a great story of development. Death Note is great; Part II DID LACK, but it was still great for me. But Hikaru no Go is something that doesn't lack at ANY PART except the last chapter because it was rushed.
yea Hikaru no GO the anime rox my sox just as much as teh manga! ^w^;350;

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
The anime isn't that good.

But the manga is amazing.

But Death Note is probably my #2 favorite manga or #3 after Beck.

It's still awesome.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
well the best episode of the HnG anime was episode 75(finale): That Same Old Smile

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
well the best episode of the HnG anime was episode 75(finale): That Same Old Smile

Did you even finish the manga?

The anime probably ended better, but I am sure as hell loved the final manga arc.

The last chapter just sucked.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Why are these two very different mangas being compared?

Now, for mangas about people playing games with spirits, only ONE true winner exists...

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
well actually in America the manga isn't even halfway ended yet and I didnt really post this because Obata-sama drew them but because theyre my 2 favorite mangas ^3^;350;

Last edited:

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Well yeah,

The Hikaru no Go manga gets better.

Death Note manga gets a little worse.

Arabian Lamp Lamp, it is. Obata first manga that I love.

Mewbiraxys

Mew The Origin
Ok 1.) you have just insulted every person in the world that plays GO with a love for the game, including me. 2.) GO is by far a silly game. It is the 2nd most popular game in the world, Chess being 1st, and anyone who dearly plays it would not like it being called silly. 3.) you know nothing about GO so don't say anything about the game if you are ignorant about it;350;

As far as i'm concered he was merely expressing his views on the topic YOU made, so what if he says he doesnt like the game? you dont start bashing him just because he liked Death Note better than Hikaru -_-. Plus, his and my and your opinions are practically worthless, its when these opinions are agreed bya large number of people it actually has some value.

On topic, i love Death Note, especially the first part with L, because of Light becoming suspected so fast and theres enough deaths to suit my needs.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
I think Death Note is great after Lawliet's death and Nate and Miheal come into the picture.

any Death Note spoilers can be found on here:

www.deathgod.org;350;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.