• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Okami

ZekromV

Light Sage
What is one really overlooked game? Okami! It's a fantastic game that nobody seems to have heard about. Who else has heard about it and what do you think about it?

TheEpicGoomba

I have heard about it but never played it. I heard about if from Chuggaaconroy and i'm pretty sure alot of other people heard it from him too. But from what I have seen the art looks fantastic and the game looks very colourful.

Blazios

It's just a shame that Okami is so slow to get into the main game. I played the first hour or so but wasn't impressed and let it collect dust for 6 months.

Something that will be one of the biggest mistakes of my gaming life.

It's one of my favourite games of all time. Soundtrack's also one of my favourite soundtracks of all time.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So I am not the only one who started Okami then stop before really getting in to the game. I have really been meaning to get back into the game, in fact I was planing to have a Zelda summer and both Okami and Okamiden are on the list.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
OKAMI

My favorite game. I love taking down demons, solving puzzles, and collecting Stray Beads. But sometimes, I had a bit of trouble with the Demon Ball that's blocking my path (what a nuisance).

I haven't played Okamiden yet, but I wanted to get that game someday. Awesomeness game EVER! :)

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Great game, but holy hell that intro nearly turned me off of it. Talk more, please. I don't think I was quite paying attention during those first 20 minutes. :V

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Okay, how about its gameplay? Must like the Twilight, but hold the control stick forward and you can run faster. The attacks are amazing.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Great game, but holy hell that intro nearly turned me off of it. Talk more, please. I don't think I was quite paying attention during those first 20 minutes. :V

Normally when I really like a game I ended up seeing the beginning a lot. I get one of my friends and say "Hey, you've gotta see this game" and let them play the starting for a little. After a while I can start to get bored of the game's intro unless it's really good. Unfortunately Okami's gets old, fast.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Normally, I wouldn't mind long openings too much. But that unbearably slow text scrolling with no way to speed it up, combined with having to wait for the visuals to catch up... augh.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Let's not forget about how they speak. I know its Japanese, but it looks short. The only sad thing I heard was when Ameratsu died to defeat Orochi. Then, Nagi carries the wolf to the village and gives her a proper burial. After 100 years, that stupid Susano thought it was all a myth, and pulls the sword, bringing Orochi back.

As terror struck, Sakuya is terrified of Orochi returning back. She brings Ameratsu back as Okami, Goddess of the Sun or Light. The moment I touched the game, I couldn't even let go.

Fenix

Tremulant
I don't have a Wii or PS2, but my awesome friend insisted so much that I borrowed a Wii solely to play Okami. So glad I did it. Definitely one of the best games I've recently played.

I don't think it's overlooked. Most gamers that know a thing or two have at least heard of it. It definitely deserved more attention. I plan on getting Okamiden sometime.

Also, anyone else listens to the OST? I just love it. The games music is awesome.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Don't have to ask me twice, Fenix. I listen from the game from their personal jukebox. My most favorite is the village and the fight against the Kyubi.

Blazios

If we're talking about music, my favourites are Shinshu Field, Ryoshima Coast, Rising Sun (Which is the official translation for the final battle music, not The Sun Rises), Tama's Theme, Theme of Sakuya, Theme of Shakuya, Theme of Waka, Playing With Waka, Victorious Roar, Battle of Orochi II and Yami.

Going into Okamiden, my favourites are Demon Market, Kurow's Theme, Isshaku's Theme, King Fury's Demise, Playing With Thunder and one title that's a spoiler to the plot.

Kurow Loses Resolve

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Okami is a really good game. I'm currently playing along with Chuggaaconnroy's lp of it. The only thing I don't like about it is the controls. Honestly the only thing that is better about okamiden is the controls. I mean it lags alot, theres lots of typos, and there isn't that much new stuff.