• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Okay, tell me the odds on this happening..

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
I was in a wi-fi battle recently, with my last Pokemon being my Salamence (Jolly Dragon-Dancist). My opponent's was her Adamant Garchomp in a Sandstorm. I used Dragon Claw once, it missed. I get hit by Dragon Claw and go down to 70 HP.. then I use Dragon Claw again, it misses again. Tell me.. what ARE the odds of that happening?

Zoshi

Unique
Garchomp's ability, Sand Veil was the reason why that happened. In a sandstorm, it's evasiveness increases by about 33% iirc.

trapezechimpanz

Yes... it was Garchomp's ability. Although I have noticed that missing and hurting yourself in confusion happens a lot more often in Diamond/Pearl then it did in past games.

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
Talk about rotton luck! Garchomps sand-veil is what caused that. Perhaps she also had brightpowder equipt, which increases evasiveness (or lowers the foes accuracy.. one of the two). ;262;

You were haxxed. ;)
Sand Veil as I have seen is basically equivalent to one Double Team already being used...so it still could have hit, but you were just unlucky.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
i love sand veil but it got u good there, u were unlucky

Azelf of Cruxis

| Ancient Chaos |
I know that they carry Sand Veil. I was just wondering what the chances were of my Dragon Claw missing twice. They were holding that berry that decreases the strength of Dragon-type attacks that hit you, I managed to get a hit in with my own Garchomp earlier in the fight. (Somehow, the opponent's one survived. Strange EVs/nature/IVs, I bet.)

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Yeah Salamence should have annihilated it if those two moves hit. I guess sandstorm lowered your acc. and perhaps garchomp held brightpowder.

cjeilers

Serebii's Breeder
He said it was holding a berry.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
I remember Suicune being paralysed 5 turns in a row against some guy's Tangrowth. I mean come on, that sucks.

Soryr hax cost you the game though, but you pretty much won IMO, since sand viel is a haxy ability

Glitch Mew

Meh. you think you got it bad, my torterra was imobilized 5 times in a row! 'cos of parallelization. 0_o

Laser Shuckle

yeah my metagross's meteor mash missed 4 times in a row against a abomasnow in the battle tower and i lost because of it.

LBB

suw00p
Meh. you think you got it bad, my torterra was imobilized 5 times in a row! 'cos of parallelization. 0_o

how do torterras get paralyzed?
theyre part ground right?

anyway, its just "hax" like in PBR i got fissured?(ohko move) 3 times in a row -.-.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
how do torterras get paralyzed?
theyre part ground right?
They can still be paralyzed by Stun Spore, Body Slam and Force Palm.

Nobody's actually answered Azelf of Cruxis' question yet. I believe you have a 1/3 chance of missing when you're attacking a Sand Veil opponent with a Sandstorm up, so your chances of missing twice are 1/3 squared - 1/9.

That isn't really that bad, you know. I remeber once when my Vileplume's Sleep Powder (accuracy 75%) missed four times in a row, which had a 1/256 (1/4 to the power of four) chance of happening.