• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in "Aim to Be a Master"

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Hope it's okay to give this subject its own thread because it seems like such a big topic unto itself.

It's already been confirmed that Misty, Brock, and Gary are appearing. And since this is Ash's last great adventure, they NEED as many old friends as possible to come back for ONE! LAST! RIDE!
(they also need a lot more than Kanto/Gen 1/OS characters...)

So let's hope that as many companions as possible get to show up in these 11 episodes, along with major rivals. Heck, maybe even Gym Leaders, Champions and the like for good measure! (I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cynthia, Korrina, and Hala showed up :p ).

So let us hope and pray to Arceus with all our might that everyone except May gets invited to Ash's going away party! (I'll even pay for their plane tickets! Though, uh...some of you will have to pitch in for other transportation <_<)

Everyone needs to be here. It’s Ash’s final series. And I know this is unlikely due to the voice actress thing but I hope May and Max get some love here.
Also I hope for a longer Ash and Serena reunion. Having them reunite for 30 seconds if they never will meet again sounds like pure stupidity

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Dawn could possibly show up if Ambipom appears since it was hers as well.
Lillie and the other Alola characters could return since Ash's Alola team is still in Alola.
Would be great to see more memorable cotds from the Kanto series like Samurai, AJ, and Giselle

Pokeshipper_

If everyone appears, then it could be hard close their arcs with Ash's one too. So I think characters appeared during Pokémon Journeys (like Dawn or Iris) won't appear at all, also If Dawn didn't have a proper conclusion and her return during Journeys was lame

DuskAstral

That doesn’t really mean they can’t show up in this mini series especially when this is Ash and Pikachu’s finale.
Then why aren't they on the series poster?
Apart from the main three, the only human characters there are Team Rocket, Professor Oak, Sister Joy, and Officer Jenny.

ShadowForce720

Then why aren't they on the series poster?
Apart from the main three, the only human characters there are Team Rocket, Professor Oak, Sister Joy, and Officer Jenny.
There likely just not on there because the poster is referencing the original poster and there likely isn’t enough room for all of them on there.

Plus there likely not going to appear in every episode. We already know that multiple regions are going to be featured in this.

Also none of the Journeys posters aside from the ones for the Masters 8 featured returning characters, despite all the companions showing up.

Also may I remind that Gary showing up even though he doesn’t appear on the poster for the mini series, so that makes it pretty clear not all the characters that will be appearing in the mini series are featured on the poster.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I want everyone to appear, even that poser Ritchie.
Dawn could possibly show up if Ambipom appears since it was hers as well.
Lillie and the other Alola characters could return since Ash's Alola team is still in Alola.
Would be great to see more memorable cotds from the Kanto series like Samurai, AJ, and Giselle
I remember one user saying how it’s unfair for Ash to keep both Ambipom and Buizel but Dawn released Ambipom and if she were to reunite with him and wanted to stay, it’s fair game.

UnovaMaster

I would've loved to see Ambipom battle in the Sinnoh League

The writers had some sort of problem with Ambipom's feminine appearance but with how boring most of Ash's Sinnoh team was/became we needed Ambipom's unique splash of color

Broseph08

I'm legit thinking Misty and Brock will be the only main characters with Ash at the moment. I could see the other companions showing up for an episode now and then but I think those two will be the only consistent companions through the series.

Although I guess even Misty and Brock could only be for a single episode or two and this could all be wrong but this is my current prediction at least. 99% of people never watched Pokemon after 2002. The peak of the show was and is still the original series. I could see them running their most iconic squad one last time

Pokeshipper_

Although I guess even Misty and Brock could only be for a single episode or two
Putting them in a poster for nostalgia, but then putting them only in one or two episodes, it could be cruel... but we know, anime Pokémon is always surprise after surprise

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281