• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in "Aim to Be a Master"

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It's pretty sad it took this long to let Ash use his reserves,there was plenty of time to do this in previous regions,even recently for the World Coronation Series.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
What's ironic is that, when Ash used his reserves, he got his first battle L, when people expected that reserves would greatly help him in the Ultra and Master Classes...
The writers decide which pokemon are strong or weak depending on the narrative. Doesn’t matter if they are reserves or newly caught. They wanted Misty to win, so she did. They wanted Dracovish to win against Dragonite in its first battle (despite being a fossil for who knows how long), so he did.

ShuckFam

What's ironic is that, when Ash used his reserves, he got his first battle L, when people expected that reserves would greatly help him in the Ultra and Master Classes...
That was either done purposely as a big 'frick you' to the viewers that complained about Ash not using reserves for the PWC or Misty is Masters 8 level.

Probably a little bit of both.

World Turtle

Each to their own, hence why I said it was MY dream.
I personally feel Serena as a character is completely overrated and is worthless as a character outside of her crush on Ash, which as a story I didn’t rate at all as it reduced her as a character who couldn’t be independent outside of a male. But like I said each to their own

I sometimes feel the only reason people care about Serena at all is because her crush on Ash as if that was the only thing about her that should matter. To them Serena's only reason to exist is to become Mrs. Ketchum and Ash's Perfect Waifu. For them her career, her life, and interests outside of Ash are meaningless at worst or a distraction at best.

I'm probably coming off as harsh here and if I am. I apologize.

Last edited:
Agreed, I also think the reason she is the only companion to have been stagnant since leaving is because well she something big for her here. Like an evolution or completing her dream.

I think since she showed up for Ash, it would be nice if her return episode shows him showing up for her to watch her in the finals of a Grand Festival. The way I’d do it is a Grand Festival equivalent of Masters 8. But as viewers we only see the finals to fit it in one episode. Piplup and her newly evolved Typhlosion going against Zoey. That way it shows Dawn coming full circle, she completes her dream, finally beats her rival on screen and we see Piplup and Typhlosion working in harmony despite starting out as rivals.

There’s got to be a reason why Dawn of all people showed up just to watch him become World Champion in person. It’s too random to not mean anything, and no, I’m not talking “shipping”.
She was probably there because her VA was very present throughout Journeys and she was a friend of Koharu's. Serena can't for amourshipping reasons, May doesn't have VA, Misty, Cilan and Brock would have their piece of the pie in Aim To be a PM, Dawn who was promoting Gen 4 is the most obvious reason...

I think we should accept that Journeys retcon the contests, now they are Contests Live. I understand that I am speaking without evidence but its over...

ShadowForce720

She was probably there because her VA was very present throughout Journeys and she was a friend of Koharu's. Serena can't for amourshipping reasons, May doesn't have VA, Misty, Cilan and Brock would have their piece of the pie in Aim To be a PM, Dawn who was promoting Gen 4 is the most obvious reason...

I think we should accept that Journeys retcon the contests, now they are Contests Live. I understand that I am speaking without evidence but its over...
At the end of the day it’s still just your personal head cannon. Plus we literally see Dawn show her Pokémon contest dress and it was in line with her other dresses that we have seen her use for Pokémon Contest and didn’t really look like the dresses that are used for Pokémon Contest Live.

So no, Pokémon Contest are retconned and are a separate thing from Pokémon Contest Lines.

ShadowForce720

It's just a dress lmao

It's less painful to assume she's in Contest Live's Master Rank than to assume she's never won a Grand Festival.
Again that’s just your head canon.

Also no, if you look at the costumes May, Serena, Chloe used for the contest lives there is a pretty drastic difference between those costumes and Dawn’s Contest dress.

If Dawn was participating it Pokémon Contest Lives they would have just come out and said it and she would have had a similar costume to May, Serena, and Chloe.

But since Dawn is just wearing her Contest dress which is similar to the previous dress she’s worn for contest and since she never referred to it as Contest Live, it means it’s safe to assume that Dawn is still doing normal Pokémon contest and that Pokémon Contest and Contest Lives are different.

After the kiss, Serena and Ash can't talk for more than 10 seconds because it would be too awkward.
But why? Awkwardness isn’t bad.