• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in "Aim to Be a Master"

Broseph08

Casuals and hit-and-runners are irrelevant, and not indicative of anything (and not just for this anime). AL boldly proclaimed "99% percent of AniPoke's fanbase left after OS", when that is as false a claim as can be, that count only indicates the type of people mentioned and not the actual fanbase.
Why don't they count as 'actual fanbase'? Those people watched every episode and discussed it with their friends afterwards at school and bought the games, merch, and especially the trading cards. Just because they grew up and moved on from Pokemon doesn't change the fact that they were 'actual fanbase'. People who keep watching children's cartoons in their teenage and adult years are the significant minority. Doesn't mean they weren't fans when they actually watched the show? He's not wrong at all about what he said. Maybe not 99% but probably close to that amount of the fanbase stopped watching during and especially after Johto

Squirtle911

Well Known Member
Why don't they count as 'actual fanbase'? Those people watched every episode and discussed it with their friends afterwards at school and bought the games, merch, and especially the trading cards. Just because they grew up and moved on from Pokemon doesn't change the fact that they were 'actual fanbase'. People who keep watching children's cartoons in their teenage and adult years are the significant minority. Doesn't mean they weren't fans when they actually watched the show? He's not wrong at all about what he said. Maybe not 99% but probably close to that amount of the fanbase stopped watching during and especially after Johto
Because the OS only ran 5 years, and let's be realistic, most of those people only watched 3 years at most since they all stopped watching around early/mid Johto.

80% of the series is after the OS, and millions of kids got into Pokemon from 2002 onward. So doing the math 20 years compared to 5 years is most of the current fan base. It's the same reason Misty is only relevant to older fans but you can see the younger generation isn't as interested in her over say Dawn, Serena or Lillie.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
My dream here is to see Ash bring Misty and Brock to watch Dawn in her final match at a Grand Festival against Zoey. But we see her win this time. Dawn was there for Ash, it’s time for him to be there for her.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I imagine that if some of the companions do achieve their goal is going to be hearsay only, we are not going to see it.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
They were fans at one point, not anymore. I used to be a fan of the simpsons decades ago. I wouldn't consider myself still a fan.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Seems like they weren't lying when they said fan-favorites would be coming back.

I hope they can make a miracle happen and bring back May, either with her old VA or a new VA.

Otto's

I remember one user saying how it’s unfair for Ash to keep both Ambipom and Buizel but Dawn released Ambipom and if she were to reunite with him and wanted to stay, it’s fair game.
I think it is unfair because the whole thing with Ambipom is a product of her voluble desires. The change was made because Buizel liked battles and Aipom contest, whereas Dawn let Ambipom chose what she wanted to do. Either to still participate in contests with her or go to play pin-pong with O and she chose the latter.

It just doesn't really feels right for Dawn to get the "short end of the stick" now, as Ambipom leaved her because Dawn was not pursuing what she wanted at the end but something she preferred over what Ash is pursuing right now. Which makes this change of heart rather convenient.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think it is unfair because the whole thing with Ambipom is a product of her voluble desires. The change was made because Buizel liked battles and Aipom contest, whereas Dawn let Ambipom chose what she wanted to do. Either to still participate in contests with her or go to play pin-pong with O and she chose the latter.

It just doesn't really feels right for Dawn to get the "short end of the stick" now, as Ambipom leaved her because Dawn was not pursuing what she wanted at the end but something she preferred over what Ash is pursuing right now. Which makes this change of heart rather convenient.
I’d take her with Ash over ping pong any day. Dawn would tell you, “no need to worry!”:cool:

(I understand what you’re saying.)

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
will Tracey show up in a speaking role in this series, especially when they do lab scenes? Or will he conveniently be out at the Cerulean Gym with Daisy?
The most neglected of Ash’s friends. When was the last time he talked?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
The most neglected of Ash’s friends. When was the last time he talked?

I'm convinced it's because his Japanese VA (Tomokazu Seki) is a big name and they don't want to pay him for small appearances, and that they could get away with it post-DP because the series up till Journeys didn't feature too much continuity.

But if Cilan can come back and these are the final 11 episodes, maybe there's hope....

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'd argue Cilan's VA and even Clemont's VA would be harder to get than Tracey's VA but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if I'm wrong
If they can afford those two I'm sure they can get Tracey if they wanted. They just probably see no point as he was a nothing burger sadly and had his resolution already.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'd argue Cilan's VA and even Clemont's VA would be harder to get than Tracey's VA but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if I'm wrong
If they can afford those two I'm sure they can get Tracey if they wanted. They just probably see no point as he was a nothing burger sadly and had his resolution already.
Cause Tracey was having "relations" with Biff and planning to go to heaven. Leon tried to intervene but died (hence why he was randomly gone after 132)

I NEED TORKOAL!!! ALL MY BUDDIES!
God I don’t know what I’ll do without my Pokémon friends… Oshawott Pancham Torterra and Wobuffet my beloveds