• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Sorry for the late reply
We're nearly 80 episodes into the series now, there's not many Hoenn-era characters I can see them using at this point. If Steven shows up they'll likely treat him more like an XY character from that series.
While did have more memorial appearance in the Kalos series it doesn't change the fact first appear in AG.
Most of the Hoenn Gym leaders don't seem like characters they'd use in the world tournament. Only small possibility is Norman but I don't see them using him because they would inevitably have to show Max if Ash goes to Petalburg Gym, and I don't think the writers care enough to do so. Can't see the writers bothering to give Max an episode (even if he does nothing but watch Ash/Norman battle) if May isn't going to appear.
I can't say I agree with your point since I don't know what scenario the anime staff will use when comes to a Hoenn Gym Leader in the PWC.

Well...there is that magazine spread with Jirachi, Slaking, and Nincada line.
Though I'm not sure how much stock we we can put in that. They mean Hoenn episodes, but not necessarily Hoenn characters (again) :confused:
I remember that and I also came to the same conclusion as you.

D

Deleted member 384931

So.... Who has the most possibility to appear next?

-May. If it wasnt for the uncertain situation with her VA, I would say May right away, been 13 years. However, I arent really sure.

-Max. I could see Max appear alone, but what is the point of that? He isnt memorable enough on his own.

-Misty. She will appear, that is for sure
However, for me personally, her SM appearances are still at the back of my mind.

-Brock. I wouldnt mind Brock appearing soon, however, same problem I had with Misty. And let them appear NOT together for once.

-Clemont, one of the easier to locate companions. I think if Clemont appears, it will have a connection to Greninja and Zygarde.

-Bonnie. If Clemont appears, Bonnie will too. Same situation with Zygarde and Greninja.

-Cilan. He can appear in every random episode.

-Lillie. With her whole "find my father plot" I hope they solve it this series and not offscreen.

-Serena. If Serena reappears (a big chance, since her popularity), I think it will be in favor for Koharu and her goal. Which I think would be a great idea.

So, who is next, according to you?

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
So.... Who has the most possibility to appear next?

-May. If it wasnt for the uncertain situation with her VA, I would say May right away, been 13 years. However, I arent really sure.

-Max. I could see Max appear alone, but what is the point of that? He isnt memorable enough on his own.

-Misty. She will appear, that is for sure
However, for me personally, her SM appearances are still at the back of my mind.

-Brock. I wouldnt mind Brock appearing soon, however, same problem I had with Misty. And let them appear NOT together for once.

-Clemont, one of the easier to locate companions. I think if Clemont appears, it will have a connection to Greninja and Zygarde.

-Bonnie. If Clemont appears, Bonnie will too. Same situation with Zygarde and Greninja.

-Cilan. He can appear in every random episode.

-Lillie. With her whole "find my father plot" I hope they solve it this series and not offscreen.

-Serena. If Serena reappears (a big chance, since her popularity), I think it will be in favor for Koharu and her goal. Which I think would be a great idea.

So, who is next, according to you?
While that is great but there is one more person I would like to return it will be Paul as he was a memorable rival of ash back in dp

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

It's true if you don't pay attention when watching the show then yes he's exactly like Sophocles
You know, outside of his Lumiose Gym Battle arc Clemont wasn't a relevant character for the most part. Sophocles was as irrelevant but ironically he had something to do eventually in the series.

And that is for someone who has Clemont as his favorite XY character and Sophocles as his least favotire SM cast character.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Talking about Clemont and Sophocles, I hope, if this series remains independent of the videogames, that they eventually start mixing past characters together just for the sake of character interactions.
Too late.

31-3.jpg

Once again, Masters does what Journeys doesn't.

RafaSceptile

None of the others had any "plot" after their Gym battles with Ash ended, same with Clemont. Misty/Brock and Iris/Cilan's episodes didn't impact Ash's Gym plot or the league. They had their Gym battles with Ash and they were done and had various fillers focused on them, same as Clemont did, over the course of the series. Only reason I'm excluding Kiawe from this is he was in the league, but the SM cast was different than most older characters anyway.

Episodes that focus on a characters backstory (Clemont as a child with Luxio), or Bunnelby's capture ep backstory we got in late XY, or when he restored power to the city with the generators in that episode, are no less important than any other characters focus episodes.
Iris had her own plot. Cilan had her own plot even if it wasn't handled well. Kiawe also had his own plot as we know his goal and he was working into that. Unfortunatelu, most of Clemont' focused episodes were not relevant to the plot, as explained here.

Clemont was around basically so that Ash could be his big courageous brother.

Otherwise, Grant would have been around, but he'd be too wise to offset Ash.

Oh, and pretty much every single Clemont episode except Luxio's evolution, his gym battle, and the forced Xerosis fight were incredibly irrelevant to the plot.

And again, most of those episodes were not relevant to the plot, so Clemont was very irrelevant most of the time.
So you’re saying that in terms of focus episodes and screentime

Ash=Ash
Serena=May
Bonnie=Max
Clemont=Brock

Or if you want to go the argument that after the gym battle it was like DP were Ash and Serena were dual protags and Bonnie and Clemont had the role of Brock

RafaSceptile

So you’re saying that in terms of focus episodes and screentime

Ash=Ash
Serena=May
Bonnie=Max
Clemont=Brock

Or if you want to go the argument that after the gym battle it was like DP were Ash and Serena were dual protags and Bonnie and Clemont had the role of Brock
Something like that. Serena eventually got an own plot and she worked into it, so she had a reason to stay in the main cast, meanwhile Clemont just...was here, doing nothing relevant most of the time, similar to Brock post Kanto.

And yet Clemont had a number of episodes focused on him outside his Gym ep. Cilan had no "plot" about him at all, and I'm saying this as someone who likes Cilan, his goal was an afterthought for funny filler episodes. Iris' dragon related stuff was good but it was seldom focused on outside her eps (at least besides Dragonite not obeying her)
And most of those episodes focused on him were irrelevant to the plot, because he didn't have an own plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.