• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
IDK if anime-original characters will return tho, just a hunch

Yeah, I get the feeling characters from the games will get a higher priority because they're more well known. Though I wouldn't say no to characters exclusive to the Show came back. Especially with Goh being the costar.

tbh I wish Tobias would appear again, but that's a pipe dream.

He wasn't a character. He was plot contrivance.

No personality, no depth, not even any dialogue except some commands (I don't even remember him saying a full sentence). He only existed keep Ash from winning the League.

IF he came back, I'd be a lot less interested in seeing if he has more Legendaries/Mythicals and a LOT more interested in seeing him have a personality...

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jangobadass said:
He wasn't a character. He was plot contrivance.

No personality, no depth, not even any dialogue except some commands (I don't even remember him saying a full sentence). He only existed keep Ash from winning the League.

IF he came back, I'd be a lot less interested in seeing if he has more Legendaries/Mythicals and a LOT more interested in seeing him have a personality...

I have to agree that I wouldn't see the point of him returning since he wasn't exactly an interesting character before, and I can't imagine that changing in the future. It seems that some viewers mainly want him to return so that Satoshi can even the score with him, but that doesn't interest me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BabaVanga said:
The only rematch I would really want to see is between Ash and A.J.

I'm on the fence about this since I didn't like Akira much, and because I wouldn't see the point of Akira returning since I figure that at this point Satoshi has nothing to prove to minor characters like him. But it would at least be a little interesting to see how much Akira's changed since we last saw him, and to see whether he evolved his Sand.

Pokemon Power

I'm kinda hoping that throughout the series, all of Ash's previous traveling companions make at least one appearance. And who knows, maybe they could all appear during the finale, which I assume will be during the 25th anniversary of the anime's premiere in Japan, to help him and Goh deal with Eternatus or whatever big threat they have to deal with.

SatoSereFan224888

The only old companions I feel will return for a bit are Misty & Brock. I think we won’t see companions such as Serena, May, Dawn, Bonnie, Clemont, the Alola gang. I think we will see the regional champs in the Pokemon World Championship.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
No to Iris and Kiawe. Hated Iris because she bulled Ash and treated him like crap. Kiawe was okay but I thought he was meh.

I still don't understand how her calling Satoshi out on his mistakes offended anyone, nor do I accept the "hypocrisy" argument that some viewers make about her criticizing Satoshi for being a child despite her being one too, because her catchphrase was clearly meant to be ironic. That said, I think she deserves to return more than most other characters, especially since she received the least amount of closure compared to most of the other past cast members.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
It's very early, but I'll go ahead and bet even money we get some special guest stars next year for Pokemon's 25th Anniversary, or the following for the TV Show's.

If Misty and Brock can some back for the 20th anniversary, it's likely they'll try to bring them back for the 25th. I just hope they bring some other companions with them.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Each one of the old main characters and some rivals should return given the format of the series

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.