• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacianmo

Kiawe and Lana are arguably the best written SM characters, so I don't the problem there. Lillie just needed more consistent focus in the middle as she basically didn't get much focus after the Aether arc ended all the way till the Magnearna stuff.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually disliked Kiawe's character.. but no its not because he's a PoC because that would be ridiculous.. :rolleyes:

I just found him to be a really boring character (which is a shame because his Pokemon were fairly cool).. and if I'm honest, I actually disliked most of the Alola companions, except Mallow and Lillie really. I wouldn't be disappointed if none of them reappeared throughout this entire series..

Zacianmo

I guess I'm one of the few people who actually disliked Kiawe's character.. but no its not because he's a PoC because that would be ridiculous.. :rolleyes:

I just found him to be a really boring character (which is a shame because his Pokemon were fairly cool).. and if I'm honest, I actually disliked most of the Alola companions, except Mallow and Lillie really. I wouldn't be disappointed if none of them reappeared throughout this entire series..

What's your problem with Lana then? She's the SM girl with a really unique and well done personality and most of her focus eps tended to be good.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jangobadass said:
It's very early, but I'll go ahead and bet even money we get some special guest stars next year for Pokemon's 25th Anniversary, or the following for the TV Show's.

If Misty and Brock can some back for the 20th anniversary, it's likely they'll try to bring them back for the 25th. I just hope they bring some other companions with them.

I personally find it hard to envision the studio wanting to celebrate the 25th anniversary in the anime itself. I think that certain old characters returning is a given since the series is exploring character comebacks more than ever before, but I don't think the writers will use the upcoming milestone as an excuse to showcase more old characters.

Zacianmo

I just didn't particularly like her. I found her whole "character", along with any episodes which revolved around her, absolutely boring.

We've never really had a mischievous main girl on the show. The eps with the Wishiwashi totem and her taming the Kyorge were great eps, along with the eps her starter evolved. Having a girl who is a snarky secret badass was pretty interesting whereas Lillie/Mallow generally have similar traits we've seen in past girls many times.

WaterTypeStarter

To be honest, there is no real reason to bring back past characters. Like they have finished their roles and arc. Why drag them back when you can just rewatch the series they were in? Fans tend to have this obsession with screen time and can't just let a character after their arc rest.

ShadowForce720

To be honest, there is no real reason to bring back past characters. Like they have finished their roles and arc. Why drag them back when you can just rewatch the series they were in? Fans tend to have this obsession with screen time and can't just let a character after their arc rest.

Because people generally have characters that they like that they want to see again and see what they been up to.

Plus given the current series is not just focusing exclusively on Galar and instead is focusing and having Ash travel through all regions in general it would make sense that some past characters would return.

If anything having a series where Ash would go travel through every region but not encounter a single past character would be incredibly force.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Characters that I want to see, but have little to no hope for it actually happening:
I'd definitely love to see Dawn and Brock again. Those are my top two picks. But others I'd love to see include, May, Ritchie, Barry, Casey (should let her be his main rival this time), Paul, Reggie (maybe Ash vs Paul got him back into the trainer scene), Nando, Conway, Tobias, Sawyer, and Alan.

Characters that I think we'll definitely see:

All of the champions and elite four members. Maybe all of the gym leaders too, definitely the strongest ones (i.e. Blaine, Clair, Volkner, etc.), Frontier Brains like Brandon and Palmer. Possibly the other six Kanto Frontier Brains too, but definitely Brandon since he's you know...Brandon XD.

Also, do you guys think they include coordinators in the World Championships? Cause if so, then Johanna might end up being part of it too. I think it'd be pretty neat to see Ash battle her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Samurott said:
How about a Brandon vs. Tobias battle? Regieleki and Regidrago vs. Darkrai and Latios.

I think Jindai returning to showcase the new Regi Pokemon is likely, but I wouldn't want him to battle Takuto in this scenario since I just wouldn't see the point of Takuto returning to showcase two Pokemon that he already used.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
How about a Brandon vs. Tobias battle? Regieleki and Regidrago vs. Darkrai and Latios.

That’d be pretty cool to see, for sure. I’d like to see a Brandon vs Palmer too now that I think about it. Since Brandon is obviously the strongest Kanto Frontier Brain and they heavily implied that Palmer was the strongest of the Sinnoh ones (saying stuff about he’s undefeated).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I hope Brandon does come back with the Regigigas from Snowpoint Temple as part of his team now too. He can have a full team of Regigigas, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regidrago and Regieleki.

I think he'd probably have his old Regi trio and the two new Regi Pokemon, but I wouldn't expect him to bring Regigigas with him. I don't think he'd need a full team since I don't expect him to have a full battle if he returns.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Tbh I wanna see an episode where May, Dawn and Serena compete against each other

I like this scenario. We don't know for sure if Serena ever competed in a Contest once she went to Houen, but even if she did I figure that her skills as a Coordinator would likely be weaker than Haruka's or Hikari's, so it's my estimation that she'd probably lose early on and we'd see Haruka versus Hikari again.

Decidueye23

If the companions come back i would like to see them beung the focus of that episode. Like if serena comes back i want the episode to be about her battling in a contest. And god i hoe she has a full team now. I still wonder why they didnt give her a meowstick or a mudkip

Status
Not open for further replies.