• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Im not going to argue with u about it. I dont need to explain my self to you :)
But...if you don't want to argue about it, then why do you...argue against other people's criticism of Serena? I'm confused. You argued against someone's criticism of Serena, then someone argued back, and then you replied with that you don't need to explain yourself? It's very confusing to me.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But...if you don't want to argue about it, then why do you...argue against other people's criticism of Serena? I'm confused. You argued against someone's criticism of Serena, then someone argued back, and then you replied with that you don't need to explain yourself? It's very confusing to me.
I wrote my argument to him, he didnt except it. Thats it. Its one of the cases of : "Lets agree to disagree".
I've wrote arguments about Serena in this forum for years now and Im tired of it. I already learned that people that do not appreciate her will not do it not matter what I say and what I write here. And Im tired of that, that's all.
And I will say that to you too, cuz I know u will want to argue back to what Im saying now - Lets agree to disagree.

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucasMV said:
Just like Ash recognized Mewtwo in the first trailer for the Genesect movie but then they decided to make Ash not recognize Mewtwo in the actual movie, for whatever reason.

I think he'll almost certainly remember the species considering that he met two of them and they had major roles. I'm not saying that we're guaranteed a flashback showing him interacting with the other Mewtwo, just that I don't think he'll be oblivious to what the species is.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally I'd be more worried about the handling of her character in this series especially if her crush would become a plot point again, more than I'd be worried about how the new animation style would make her look.

I'm worried they'll just dump her back into Kalos like they did with Lana and Sophocles in Alola
Hopefully she's at least doing Coordinator stuff when/if we see her, cause that's honestly the disappointing thing of her not getting a special. Change her goal at the very last minute, to something it should have been from the start, then she's gone! I love Cilan way more than her but she deserved a special over him and Clemont meeting up for no good reason lol

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It's really disappointing that Mewtwo has little chances to be the original one.
He was supposed to be a unique pokemon, that was the key and core of his character really.

If the Mewtwo that shows up is a third one, then we might as well start looking for the freaking Mewtwo factory somewhere.

So, ideally it'd be the original Mewtwo and Ash would recognize it.

Realistically, it will be a new Mewtwo and Ash won't recognize the species even though he totally should.

Just like Ash recognized Mewtwo in the first trailer for the Genesect movie but then they decided to make Ash not recognize Mewtwo in the actual movie, for whatever reason.

I wonder what Mewtwo's role would be. I hope he doesn't get caught though, not by Go cause that'd be ridiculous, but also not by Ash cause Mewtwo is just too OP. He cannot be stopped except for the likes of Arceus or Mew in the anime. Definitely not by any PWC pokemon, not even Leon's Charizard.

He's one of those pokemon that should never be caught.

Does Mewtwo speak in the TV anime, I know that they can in the movie, but from what I have seen any pokemon not named Meowth that talks in the movies cannot speak in the main anime?

Ah, so that's why she didn't return to the Alola trip. She's been around all along. The letter to Lana was a fake so Ash won't find out!

I knew it was suspicious that the letter arrived on the same morning, Koharu probably gave it to Goh who slipped it to Lana when they met. This is why he ditched Ash and took that shortcut off of the cliff.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Koharu was afraid her cover was gonna be blown so she gave Yamper the Leaf Stone offscreen to set up the entire trip to Alola.

How far does the conspiracy go?

She had TryPokaron and a few other hobbies, but saying that her crush wasn't a plot point is sort of questionable when she received several episodes centered around her one-sided crush. I'd be surprised if the writers just ignore that if she appears in this series.

The only episode I can think this might be an example of was the Date episode. And even that is stretching it. Besides that, no, there were no episodes solely focused on her crush. Once again, this idea that Serena's screen time was relegated to her twiddling her hair and tripping over her feet while staring at Ash longingly from a distance is patently false.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The bits and pieces of her showing affection towards Ash were endearing in my opinion.

I know that some don't like the subplot, but I think it made Serena stand out more for me.

Mature? She was mature since the start of the series. She didnt had the courage to tell her mom is didnt like her moms dream, yes. That has nothing to do with being not mature.

And not finding her dream until ep 40 isnt true. Her Pokevision video was a thing she liked. That is a start of her performance dream.

And Kalos is her home region. Of course she knows stuff better.
Your arguments are flawed. Sorry, but no sorry

Serena was mature at the beginning of the serious? News to me. She clearly lacked passion for what she was doing at the time and didn't have much thought put into what she wanted to do and what her place in the world was. She relied heavily on others and lacked the ability to put her front foot forward by herself.

Really don't think those are examples of being " mature, " however, one could definitely argue that she matured throughout the series for sure!

LucasMV

I think he'll almost certainly remember the species considering that he met two of them and they had major roles. I'm not saying that we're guaranteed a flashback showing him interacting with the other Mewtwo, just that I don't think he'll be oblivious to what the species is.

But Ash didn't recognize Mewtwo as a species in the Genesect movie. So why would he remember it now?
Of course he totally should, but the writters couldn't keep a consistent continuity if a gun was held against their heads, so I fully expect Ash to be like "Who's that pokemon?".
I'd be gladly surprised if Ash remembers what Mewtwo is, even without flashbacks to the specific Mewtwos he met before.

Does Mewtwo speak in the TV anime, I know that they can in the movie, but from what I have seen any pokemon not named Meowth that talks in the movies cannot speak in the main anime?

Well the only time Mewtwo appeared in the anime was when it fought Gary under Giovanni before escaping, and it had that weird machine attached to itself. So he didn't talk there, but he did later in the movie.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
But Ash didn't recognize Mewtwo as a species in the Genesect movie. So why would he remember it now?
Of course he totally should, but the writters couldn't keep a consistent continuity if a gun was held against their heads, so I fully expect Ash to be like "Who's that pokemon?".
I'd be gladly surprised if Ash remembers what Mewtwo is, even without flashbacks to the specific Mewtwos he met before.

Well the only time Mewtwo appeared in the anime was when it fought Gary under Giovanni before escaping, and it had that weird machine attached to itself. So he didn't talk there, but he did later in the movie.

Do any other Legendaries that appear in the anime ever speak?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Most Pokemon in the anime that "speak" are either doing it through telepathy or through Meowth via hypnotism/mind control or something. There was that one Ghastly from the OS that outright spoke, though. And the Rotoms if you count them.

So they do not have their own human voices (even telepathic ones)? Either telepathy through someone else, or a speaking character relaying the message like Lugia?

I am trying to understand where Legendaries fall on a scale of Pikachu - Meowth in the TV anime.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So they do not have their own human voices (even telepathic ones)? Either telepathy through someone else, or a speaking character relaying the message like Lugia?

I am trying to understand where Legendaries fall on a scale of Pikachu - Meowth in the TV anime.

The ones that use telepathy have their own unique voice actors assigned to them which implies those would be their voices if they speak human language. Like the Swords of Justice in the Keldeo movie.

The M2 Slowking had its own unique VA.

The ones that use possession (like Deoxys from that Ranger 2-parter on AG) use the "puppet"s voice

Ultra Beast Lover

It used to be that the ones who use telepathy were psychic types or really special Pokemon then as time went on who could and couldn't use telepathy had become confusing like in Zorua's movie, Zorua could use telepathy yet its guardian couldn't.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan

Doesn't "Mewtwo Returns" count as anime special episode more than a movie? If so I think we should count that.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Heck, it looks like Mewtwo's coming back even sooner than we thought!

I just hope it gets a multi-episode arc, be it spread out or all once. Because it deserves SO much more than being a glorified POTD like a lot of Legendaries...

Status
Not open for further replies.