• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah. Powerscaling sucks and is pretty much a waste of time. (Right, Goku? :mad:)

Remember folks: Characters & Pokemon are only as strong as the plot requires them to be at the time...
preach m8.

I can see the final 1,2,3 version sung by Rika, with important companions appearing (Brock, Misty?, Paul? Or maybe that Pokegirl that some people idolize and others hate her)

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
I just doubt that Satoshi will be able to beat E4, as it's way too high a level for him. Since he lost to other members of this organization (Drake, Flint), winning with Wikstrom will be unnatural.

That was a long time ago, though. He's clearly gotten stronger over the years and the fact that he's aiming to beat Dande means that he has to be able to beat members of the Four Heavenly Kings as well by default.

Ultra Beast Lover

Ash may have gotten more creative but it's not him that's battling, it's his Pokemon. We can't compare the Battle Frontier, Flint, and Wikstrom because Ash uses different Pokemon for all three fights, ones with different power levels.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just doubt that Satoshi will be able to beat E4, as it's way too high a level for him. Since he lost to other members of this organization (Drake, Flint), winning with Wikstrom will be unnatural.
He conquered the Battle Frontier and has beaten various legendaries. I'm fairly sure that he could stand up to an E4 member by now. Sure, Farfetch'd doesn't really seem like a Pokemon that should be able to do so, but Ash could probably match that level in general by now..
He's beaten Frontier brains that are considered to be E4 level so it's not actually unnatural, even went toe to toe with Diantha. It's Farfetch'd being the one beating Wikstrom that would be considered unnatural. Then again all powerscaling and powerscalers are awful at what they're doing anyways.
Plus Ash’s goal for this series is to beat Leon, who’s the #1 trainer in the show’s canon, so he’s going to have to beat members of the Elite Four if he wants to stand a chance against him.

He’ll most likely lose to Wikstrom in their first battle but eventually once Farfetch’d and the rest of his pokémon get stronger they’ll be able to beat him

Red and Blue

I mean if Ash wants to make it into the top 8 Master Class Wikstrom is a wall he is going to have to overcome, lol. Even if he isn't in the PWC there will definitely be other E4 members completing as well

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I loved the malamar episodes, such a shame they ended it just like that

Shinzo Fujita had written those if I recall correctly and he's no longer working on the anime. Sure, there's nothing preventing his return - I'd love to be honest, specially if it's as main writer since I really like what he did on Pazudora - but I'm not holding my breath

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Shinzo Fujita had written those if I recall correctly and he's no longer working on the anime. Sure, there's nothing preventing his return - I'd love to be honest, specially if it's as main writer since I really like what he did on Pazudora - but I'm not holding my breath
I'm sad that Shinzo Fujita got so much hate after Ash vs Alain and AG's release.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Ash may have gotten more creative but it's not him that's battling, it's his Pokemon. We can't compare the Battle Frontier, Flint, and Wikstrom because Ash uses different Pokemon for all three fights, ones with different power levels.

My point was that his strategies are more advanced these days than they were when he lost against Genji, regardless of how weak some viewers may consider his Kamonegi to be. Not to mention that unlike the Genji battle, Satoshi doesn't have a sudden arrogance issue holding him back, so he won't be blinded by his own ego when he battles Gampi.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
It's not like Fujita was responsible for those things to happen. He wasn't the main writer or the director.

If anything, we need writers like Fujita to come back if we want more chances to get continuity, because outside of Tomioka and Yonemura (to a lesser extent which is very disappointing considering he is in charge of the series' composition), nobody is bringing these references. Even Aya Matsui seems to be only focused on SM stuff, which is a shame considering she debuted in early AG. Those are the only 3 veterans left.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm sad that Shinzo Fujita got so much hate after Ash vs Alain and AG's release.

Didn't know he did those.

But either way, I still think both episodes turned out fine. Fujita just did what he was requested to do.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's not like Fujita was responsible for those things to happen. He wasn't the main writer or the director.

If anything, we need writers like Fujita to come back if we want more chances to get continuity, because outside of Tomioka and Yonemura (to a lesser extent which is very disappointing considering he is in charge of the series' composition), nobody is bringing these references. Even Aya Matsui seems to be only focused on SM stuff, which is a shame considering she debuted in early AG. Those are the only 3 veterans left.
Well and I guess Omode since she's been here since late BW, and that's over 7 years ago now

Status
Not open for further replies.