• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
- Almost a year must have passed since the end of the SM series to Pokemon Journeys because we met the baby Kukui and Burnet (if time had not passed, he would never have been born)

That's assuming that the gestation process takes 9 months in the anime like to does in real life, which given the anime's various discrepancies and overall differences from real life, is unlikely.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I hope Misty returns again. Seeing her twice in SM really made me happy.

RetroPokeFan

If I they do I just pray they recast Michelle Knotz and just get an entirely new person to voice her.
Won't happen considering that Michele already voices Jessie and most of the returning characters (so far in the dub) have been reprisals so if Misty does show up again, it would most likely be Michele voicing her again. The only character I could see getting recast is Iris since Eileen Stevens moved to Florida unless they're able to get her back too via remote recording.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Won't happen considering that Michele already voices Jessie and most of the returning characters (so far in the dub) have been reprisals so if Misty does show up again, it would most likely be Michele voicing her again. The only character I could see getting recast is Iris since Eileen Stevens moved to Florida unless they're able to get her back too via remote recording.
A guy can dream can’t he? Not that I’m a Michele hater but her Misty voice sounds like a plagiarized version of May’s voice. At least Jessie and May sound somewhat different but with Misty she doesn’t even try. Also isn’t the studio split between California and New York anyway? I’m sure Eileen can do remote recording or if not just simply fly out since Florida isn’t all that far from New York.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
If I they do I just pray they recast Michelle Knotz and just get an entirely new person to voice her.

I'd like this since I don't really like her TPCi voice, at least not in the few instances that I've watched her appearances in the newer dubbed episodes. As a matter of fact, the 4Kids dub's Kasumi is one of the few English voices that I prefer over the original Japanese voice, but that's probably because of nostalgia.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

I'd like this since I don't really like her TPCi voice, at least not in the few instances that I've watched her appearances in the newer dubbed episodes. As a matter of fact, the 4Kids dub's Kasumi is one of the few English voices that I prefer over the original Japanese voice, but that's probably because of nostalgia.
There's just something about Rachael Lillis's voice that feels so fitting for Misty that I don't think Michele has been quite able to replicate (or at least her recent appearances anyway).

Leonhart

Imagineer
TomRC121991 said:
I hope May/Max/Dawn/Cassidy & Butch/Attila & Hun/Others will come back

I don't expect Basho and Buson to return considering that they were never involved in any plots in the main anime, nor do they have in-game counterparts, so they wouldn't indirectly promote Masters unlike every other major character return in this series so far.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Rachael seems to want to distance herself from Misty altogether after disliking how people see her as the Misty girl instead of other roles she has taken.

Veronica will never be able to take retake her role as Ash not when Sarah has shamelessly and happily rooted herself into the role and Lisa will make damn sure she is never replaced...but at least Vero still does her Ash impressions on her twitter.

Either way, I heard both weren't happy they got the boot out of the blue.
What the hell? "Shamelessly", that was uncalled for. I don't care if you don't like Sarah as compared to Veronica and it sucks she got the boot so unceremoniously but it happened more than a decade ago. Sarah has played Ash for a longer time and is now more associated with him, not Veronica. You don't have to like that but atleast stop talking such bs and show some level of artistic respect for her, Sarah has vastly improved from her BF and start of DP days and the vanity affair article really puts into perspective her hardwork, her Twitter is full of Ash appreciation and what the role means to her.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What the hell? "Shamelessly", that was uncalled for. I don't care if you don't like Sarah as compared to Veronica and it sucks she got the boot so unceremoniously but it happened more than a decade ago. Sarah has played Ash for a longer time and is now more associated with him, not Veronica. You don't have to like that but atleast stop talking such bs and show some level of artistic respect for her, Sarah has vastly improved from her BF and start of DP days and the vanity affair article really puts into perspective her hardwork, her Twitter is full of Ash appreciation and what the role means to her.
I don't know you, but losing your job out of the blue without prior warning is by no means something to let slide even after years.

Also, it's almost unheard of to see people complain directly to Sarah about her takeover because it's been too long now and she's got fans that didn't experience those days...plus, it's not just about how the show replaced VAs, but more about all the things that failed to keep in quality over the years.

ShadowForce720

I don't know you, but losing your job out of the blue without prior warning is by no means something to let slide even after years.

Also, it's almost unheard of to see people complain directly to Sarah about her takeover because it's been too long now and she's got fans that didn't experience those days...plus, it's not just about how the show replaced VAs, but more about all the things that failed to keep in quality over the years.

Yes, but that’s not really her fault, she herself had nothing to do with Veronica losing her job voicing Ash as that blame lies solely on the heads that made the decision to replace Veronica.

I’m not saying you have to like Sarah but it isn’t right to blame her or act like she is this evil person who wanted to steal Veronica’s role.

Also just like it wasn’t right to fire Veronica without prior warning it would be equally as bad to do that To Sarah just so that Veronica could take over the role again.

Also in terms of the quality of show that’s not really something that would change if they had kept Veronica or brought her back.

Look you are free to dislike Sarah as we all have preferences to what we like or dislike, however that doesn’t mean that you should try to vilify her.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes, but that’s not really her fault, she herself had nothing to do with Veronica losing her job voicing Ash as that blame lies solely on the heads that made the decision to replace Veronica.

I’m not saying you have to like Sarah but it isn’t right to blame her or act like she is this evil person who wanted to steal Veronica’s role.

Also just like it wasn’t right to fire Veronica without prior warning it would be equally as bad to do that To Sarah just so that Veronica could take over the role again.

Also in terms of the quality of show that’s not really something that would change if they had kept Veronica or brought her back.
I never said Sarah stole the role. She just took it because it was empty after Vero got the boot.

Imagine having your seat taken, but then the ones who took it place someone else on it. That someone then goes "eh" and continues the work like nothing happened.

ShadowForce720

I never said Sarah stole the role. She just took it because it was empty after Vero got the boot.

Imagine having your seat taken, but then the ones who took it place someone else on it. That someone then goes "eh" and continues the work like nothing happened.

So what Sarah isn’t supposed to do her job or is supposed be depress over Veronica not having the role.

Look when the higher ups chose to replace Veronica some was going to fill the role regardless of how some people felt it just happened that person was Sarah.

And in all honesty if Sarah made a big stink of them firing Veronica especially after she just got the role they would just fire her and get someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.