• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's purpose has already been demeaned by Ash's rank going up and down as the plot requires it with a lot of jobbing and offscreen battles.
Heck, they made a big deal about his rank going down only for him to go back up and then some without showing us...
Eh, that just demeans Ash (and therefore the point of his challenge to the viewers).

Making Leon lose, AKA the UNBEATABLE CHAMPION, before Ash gets a chance to punch him kind of destroys everything.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Eh, that just demeans Ash (and therefore the point of his challenge to the viewers).

Making Leon lose, AKA the UNBEATABLE CHAMPION, before Ash gets a chance to punch him kind of destroys everything.
what if Cynthia returns and beats Leon instead of Ash or Goh? the Champion battle is called the Champion Cup, isn’t it?...

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
what if Cynthia returns and beats Leon instead of Ash or Goh? the Champion battle is called the Champion Cup, isn’t it?...
God, I'd love that to happen!
Cythia was unbeatable until Leon appeared and he was proclaimed to be the strongest Pokemon trainer in the world. That means either Cynthia did lose to him or she lost to somebody who Leon happened to defeat.

Observer

Mostly watching
Speaking of returning DP characters here's one I'm little surprised that no one mentioned, Looker. Since he's a international policeman he could run into Ash and Goh while he's in the middle of an investigation that could lead into another evil team arc or something.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
God, I'd love that to happen!
Cythia was unbeatable until Leon appeared and he was proclaimed to be the strongest Pokemon trainer in the world. That means either Cynthia did lose to him or she lost to somebody who Leon happened to defeat.

Was cynthia ever called unbeatable?

I mean every championed gets hyped up as being strong because of their status as champions, but i don’t remember anyone getting the kind of hype leon got.

Kuzehiko

Was cynthia ever called unbeatable?

I mean every championed gets hyped up as being strong because of their status as champions, but i don’t remember anyone getting the kind of hype leon got.
Unbeatable as in that she was never beaten despite we saw her battle a good amount of times in the show. No, she wasn't called unbeatable that's something us her fans came up with of course. She was strong af and never actually lost on-screen but she was always referred as the Sinnoh champion and that's it. Leon wasn't stated to be unbeatable either but he just happens to be the strongest trainer currently.

Red and Blue

Oh, please. This anime never, ever really gives the audience a good battle when a Champion is involved because they usually mop the floor with their foe by simply enduring everything and the kitchen sink getting tossed at one (and usually just one) Pokemon they send out.

And because Leon is the **** right now, Cynthia is doomed. Cynthia can't possibly beat him now of all times. That would demean the entire PWC's purpose.
Well I wasn't implying Cynthia would beat Leon. Just that it would be a good way to reintroduce her into PM2019. She and Ash could run into each other after her match with Leon.

Come to think of it she also has a Lucario in the games. Would be cool if she owned a shiny one

Morax

King of heroes
Speaking of returning DP characters here's one I'm little surprised that no one mentioned, Looker. Since he's a international policeman he could run into Ash and Goh while he's in the middle of an investigation that could lead into another evil team arc or something.
Journey's isn't particularly good at evil plots. If only they bring in the big guns (yajima) it'll be worth watching.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Unbeatable as in that she was never beaten despite we saw her battle a good amount of times in the show. No, she wasn't called unbeatable that's something us her fans came up with of course. She was strong af and never actually lost on-screen but she was always referred as the Sinnoh champion and that's it. Leon wasn't stated to be unbeatable either but he just happens to be the strongest trainer currently.

Okay i guess.

I honestly just never got all the hype over cynthia besides that she’s hot and people be hella horny for her, and never really put any of the champions above another until leon came around

Morax

King of heroes
Okay i guess.

I honestly just never got all the hype over cynthia besides that she’s hot and people be hella horny for her, and never really put any of the champions above another until leon came around
Isn't every champion portrayed as undefeated in their respective seasons? I don't remember steven or diantha ever losing a battle.

Kuzehiko

Isn't every champion portrayed as undefeated in their respective seasons? I don't remember steven or diantha ever losing a battle.
They didn't but Diantha's ace Pokemon was overpowered by Ash-Greninja and Alain gave Steven a good run for his money as well. They clearly weren't unbeatable, specially Diantha.

Kuzehiko

This is Ash-Greninja and Alain we're talking about. They're on a whole different level, could probably give cynthia a run for her money as well.
Cynthia without Mega?
Probably. Give her a mega like everyone else and she curbstomps them.

Morax

King of heroes
Give her a mega like everyone else and she curbstomps them
We know for a fact that both AG and Alain's Charizard can hold themselves against mega evolved champions. There's nothing that suggests Cynthia would curbstomp them.

>inb4 cynthia is stronger than diantha/steven in the anime
Prove it.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Isn’t Cynthia the only champion you seen on a consistent basis besides maybe Leon and Alder?

Status
Not open for further replies.