• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I know, I know, it's bought up a bunch in a lot of threads.

But that's just it. It's SUCH a big issue I feel it deserves its own thread to discuss the issue in full. (Though the admins can delete if they deem it unnecessary/redundant)

So far we've had an appearance by Lance, Korrina's coming back, Lt. Surge in a flashback along with silhouettes of the Kanto Gym Leaders, a picture of Professor Elm (hey, better than nothing), Matori's coming back, and the usual sporadic appearances by Delia, Professor Oak, and Giovanni. And who knows who Ash & Goh will run into on their various travels over the next couple of years?
I'm even kind of hoping they'll finally let some poor dopes out of the Never Animated Prison while they're at it (but I won't hold my breath).

So I'll just leave this here for the time being to discuss the issue in full and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I still think there is a decent chance of older companions coming back. Maybe not all of them but some could show up in different regions.

And Champions such as Cynthia and Steven could be in the Master Clasd

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I think it's safe to assume that characters like Cynthia likely have a guaranteed chance to return due to factors like popularity and how this series isn't Galar fixed, and there's the top 8 in the PWC which are also the strongest in the world and Cynthia's bound to be one of them. And then there's the possibility of Gen 4 remakes that'll likely fall into the new anime for promotion.

Decidueye23

If and again this is a big IF, but if this going to be ash's last series then i hope all the companions come back for the final leg of episodes to watch ash. Even if it is not the final series i would like them atleast to see if and when ash becime qorld no.1

Zacianmo

I think we'll see at least one old Gym leader per region come back. From Johto it'll probably be Claire (she also came back in BW and met Iris), so she's clearly the most focused on. Surprised we didn't see Morty in Ecurteak City though.

As for companions I think we'll see everyone besides Tracey (the writers ignore him even when we're at Oak's lab), Max (unless Norman shows up I guess?), May (VA issues, too old), Serena (difficult to follow up the crush), and maybe Iris, although she could technically appear.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I highly doubt we'll see the entire Alola gang of companions, but appearances from the likes of Lillie, Mallow and maybe Sophocles if they take a trip to the observatory would be nice. I never really cared for the others, so it wouldn't be a disaster for me if they didn't appear..

Red and Blue

Can't wait to see Ash's reaction when he finds out he has a new little brother or sister :p

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Iris, Kiawe, Dawn and Brock need to give the people what they need.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Though his seiyuu is currently out due to vocal cord scarring due to screaming so much, I would love for Gladion to reappear. I really just want to make Midoriya and Bakugo memes out of it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd satisfied with Dawn and maybe a special guest appearance by Serena.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I’d love some old rivals to return. Definitely Paul because who doesn’t want him back. Also Alain because not only is he one of my personal favorite characters from XY, but we need a rematch where Ash wins to avenge that Kalos League loss. Also since SM never finished the Mohn arc, I think there’s a high probability for Gladion to come back.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
My number one choice for returning characters would be for us to see Dawn come back. She is currently my favorite Pokégirl. I would love to see Ash go to Sinnoh to study Contests/Super Contests for Professor Cerise and have him watch Dawn win the Grand Festival. Ash has finally won a game League so why not let Dawn win a Grand Festival.

I would also like to see May return (and possibly win the Hoenn Grand Festival), but I don't know how likely that is due to the fact that her Japanese VA stopped voice acting at least for a time due to an illness and I don't know her current condition.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Swift4Sweeper said:
Definitely Paul because who doesn’t want him back.

I know this is a rhetorical question, but I personally don't have much interest in seeing him return. He was arguably Satoshi's best rival, yet I thought that his storyline went full circle already, so there's not much else that I want to see from Shinji.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The only person I’m actually interested in having a return is Alain. Needs to be an PWC opponent for Ash with a full battle rematch. Their last match was just fixed for Alain. Even staff were disappointed that Ash lost the Kalos league, the higher ups didn’t want Ash to win.

Zacianmo

I highly doubt we'll see the entire Alola gang of companions, but appearances from the likes of Lillie, Mallow and maybe Sophocles if they take a trip to the observatory would be nice. I never really cared for the others, so it wouldn't be a disaster for me if they didn't appear..

I'm pretty sure all the SM companions will appear, it makes no sense if only a few of them. Kiawe is a much better character than Mallow/Sophocles (I wish I could like Mallow more but the anime writers treated her poorly), and Lana just has the best personality.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The only person I’m actually interested in having a return is Alain. Needs to be an PWC opponent for Ash with a full battle rematch. Their last match was just fixed for Alain. Even staff were disappointed that Ash lost the Kalos league, the higher ups didn’t want Ash to win.
tbh I wish Tobias would appear again, but that's a pipe dream. IDK if anime-original characters will return tho, just a hunch

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
tbh I wish Tobias would appear again, but that's a pipe dream. IDK if anime-original characters will return tho, just a hunch
I would love if he was Ash’s final opponent before the world championships and Ash quickly needs to move up a rank to qualify but the only trainer nearby is Tobias so they have a 6v6 battle and Ash beast him.

Status
Not open for further replies.