• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Master class battles. I really hope they're not 1 on 1, make them at least 3 on 3. And the final battle against Leon has to be a full battle.

About the reserves, for me particularly at least, that's what'll make or break this series. It wouldn't feel the same for me if Ash won the PWC without using his reserves, than if he did it using his reserves. With just JN pokemon, it would feel disconnected from Ash's journey as a whole and thus deeply unrewarding. Using both JN pokemon and reserves, it would feel like the anime as a whole comes full circle and it'd be a lot more satisfying.

I do think this series has a good shot of using reserves.

I mean, I wouldn't be remotely shocked if it doesn't (or only extends to the Alola crew) but...usually Ash only captures regional pokemon for marketing reasons. But obviously that's out the door, Ash isn't there for Galar marketing. Might as well market some previous generations. I doubt Torkoal or something would make an appearance, but Kanto mons or Infernape/Torterra/Gible (if there's a DPP remake coming this generation) would be totally fair game.

LucasMV

I do think this series has a good shot of using reserves.

I mean, I wouldn't be remotely shocked if it doesn't (or only extends to the Alola crew) but...usually Ash only captures regional pokemon for marketing reasons. But obviously that's out the door, Ash isn't there for Galar marketing. Might as well market some previous generations. I doubt Torkoal or something would make an appearance, but Kanto mons or Infernape/Torterra/Gible (if there's a DPP remake coming this generation) would be totally fair game.

Yeah, now that Ash doesn't have to promote Galar mons specifically, there's no real reason not to bring back reserves and have them promote different regions. If DP remakes are a thing, I'm expecting Gible to come back and evolve all they way up to Garchomp. I do think some reserves will get preferential treatment, like the Alola crew for being so recent that most current viewers know them, and Kanto because of nostalgia. And maybe DP because of the potential remakes and Greninja for being, well, Greninja.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Although, Serena might be a bit jealous of Ash/Dawn, considering how close they were in DP and their high five habit.

To be honest, I don't think that would happen. Considering all the development and growth Serena had on XY, I can see her being confident as to not mix things up like that. Specially because shipping wars aside, I see Ash's and Dawn's dynamic more as "twins separated at birth".

At best, I could see Serena appreciating the fact Dawn's good friends with Ash.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yeah Misty not liking Ash is revisionist history if you ask me. There is an entire episode in OI where a gym leader tries to get Misty’s heart and he later gives up at the end because “it belongs to Ash”. Unless the new stance is that 4kids created episodes for Pokémon
If Serena returns I just hope to God she either wears a new outfit or goes back to her original look.

Just anything but this!

I make no exaggeration when I say she looks like a Hobo imo.

Isn't Serena supposed to be a Fashionista? Why did they do my girl so dirty like this?!
Yeah this was awful. She had one of the best Pokegirl outfits imo but for it to turn into this is disappointing. This is a clowns outfit.

Ultra Beast Lover

Serena only ever got jealous when what's her face threatened to tell Ash that she liked him first. I don't think she'd care if an old female companion appeared and was close to Ash as long as they were nice to her which, let's be real, they would obviously be nice to her because if the anime does anything right it would be not having girls fight over a guy, and when they did it was usually because the COTD was kinda insane.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Serena only ever got jealous when what's her face threatened to tell Ash that she liked him first. I don't think she'd care if an old female companion appeared and was close to Ash as long as they were nice to her which, let's be real, they would obviously be nice to her because if the anime does anything right it would be not having girls fight over a guy, and when they did it was usually because the COTD was kinda insane.

I think the closest thing ever to something to like that was Misty and Macy/Melody not getting along but I remember thinking the Macy thing was so strange.

for the life of me, I cannot understand why people want Misty and Serena to fight over Ash. It won’t and shouldn’t happen, they would 1000% become good friends if they met. Although if Serena is going to meet anyone, I think it should be May. I think a special of Serena in Hoenn running into May would be cool plus I just want to see May again.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I kind of want N to come back (even if it's just one episode) to see his opinion on Go's goal of catching every pokemon

Personally still don't understand why some people still think that misty loves Ash lol, I guess 4kids. I think misty is fine as a gym leader in her city. Maybe she already has her boyfriend or something.

About Dawn, she's definitely female ash hell Even i was a little toxic pearlshipper (2010)but Dawn is not interested in ash either, Serena seems to be in love so it's okay, I don't care much about amoursh lol

Jibanyan

Yeah, the dub was weird, even after leaving 4kids. Anyways, ignoring the MistyxAsh debate, I'd like to see... hmm oh how about Claire? She needs to see Ash's Dragonite.

How would the series handle two Barneys in the same episode? Ar least Iris's Dragonite looked unique.

Lacuna

Goodnight
Man, and I thought Lance was kind of out of left field back then... I think Chuck was the LAST person I or anyone expected to make an appearance again. I definitely would have thought Maylene would be in his place, actually.
Someone, somewhere, is probably overjoyed by this!

Status
Not open for further replies.