• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, old characters coming back is something I've always looked forward to, but considering that this series hasn't executed anything well, including Korrina's return, my hype has died down.

People can attest to how excited I was when this series was first announced and the potential there was clear. I have no reason to believe the execution of this will be done well with how they've handled everything so far.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
If older fans are not a part of the equation then who are the cameos for? It doesn't make sense to introduce old characters to children since they wouldn't care. Sounds like a waste of time and resources.
I was referencing your part about it being for younger and adults. The writers aren’t having some internal writing battle of do they do this or that for these fans or those fans because adults are mostly a nonfactot anyway. Any small pandering we get is an Easter egg or nice but not something their banking or hinging on heavily. We know this from the SM interviews during Kasumi/Takeshi returns.

Maxim

Beyond repair
My hopes:
-Gary appears as the Viridian City Gym Leader
-Iris appears as the Unova Champion

Not sure if they'll decide to follow the games so closely, but it'd be really great if they did.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You realize Pokémon Masters is a thing right?
Stop teasing me that Rosa was denied entry to the anime.
Have her voice Misty or May as well if they ever come back. No more Michele Knotz please *shudders*
Nah. Reba Buhr does Misty well. May? I'm not sure who voices her in Pokemon Masters because she hasn't debuted formally other than a New Years' greeting with Brendan and Wally.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Never was a big fan of Iris character during the BW run, overpowered and with an annoying personality.
Yet I find her return amusing, meaning other main girls will reappear, also exited to see her battling Ash potentially. Hopefully we‘ll see Axew actually battling and improving.

Gary they could use for some legendary exploring, best in the Crown Tundra maybe.

My hopes:
-Gary appears as the Viridian City Gym Leader
-Iris appears as the Unova Champion

Let her first be a Gym Leader

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I can vouch for the annoying personality, but overpowered? She constantly lost a huge majority of important battles against anyone whose name wasn't Gloria (I think that was her name, despite us getting a trainer officially named Gloria).
Its Georgia.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Iris: Haha, I saw you in action when you were in the Unova League. You're never stron.... Wait!! Why is your team so powerful than ever???
Gary: Did you say powerful team? Him, Ash? Come on, it would be funny ...... hahaha ("Why am I only laughing in this group?")

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I am so, SO excited to see Gary and Iris again. Being a life long Gary stan, this makes me so happy!

My predictions are: next OP will be Dawn for Sinnoh remakes (hopefully along with Paul and Barry) and maybe Clemont because of PWC?

Maybe Dawn could mention May since the chances of a May cameo seem unlikely. Iris cameoing without Cilan, makes me think that every companion might not cameo but will be mentioned in some way. Like with Lillie and the flashbacks.

I think the first OP of 2022 will almost certainly be Brock and Misty for the 25th anniversary. Then I think the last OP will focus on Ash vs Leon but here’s to hoping we see companions and rivals watching on tv or something.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
Really happy to see both Iris and especially Gary back. Looks as if Gary could be a PWC member and a potential extra rival for Ash too which is great.

I doubt he'll go back into rival mode since his rivalry with Satoshi ended in Jouto, and he had a new goal the last time we saw him in DP. I don't mind if he battles Satoshi once for old time's sake and to showcase Kyodaimax Kamex, but I don't like the idea of him becoming a rival again.

Status
Not open for further replies.